what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Kev L

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Kev L »

MacV2 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:30 pm Took a ride over to Tony's today, met Vanstubster on the way & we rolled up to double team him in the joke/bad humour wars...I think it ended up a draw... :lol: :lol:

Picked some bits up...Cheers Tony, Steve bought some clocks & Tony did a fine job of freeing up BigBirds siezed carbs & gave them a good going over...

Me & Steve went to move our bikes for Mrs Mons to get her bus out...We left Tony alone in the shed at the getting the long spring back in the slides bit... It was 7 attempts when we left him & I lost count after that...He did say he was out of practice & to give him his credit he got it back in eventualy... :clap: :clap:

Me & Steve then headed back to mine via The Hot Rod diner in Gravesend for buggers, then back to mine to catch the WSBK Super pole race & race 2...
I’m sorry! Who was giving and who was receiving? Bless your cotton Alan Wickers, are you the first out couple on here? Chase me!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Well now excuse my spilling mistook..but just to be clear I paid so technicaly Steve was the taker... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

That’s all right then! :wink:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

norry rc8 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:33 pm took adventure bike out on Sunday, 169 miles of fun. until
4 miles from home brock left wing mirror on a plastic road side bollard (fekin bollard) :x :x
made apex of corner perfectly.

You will be reported for vandalising council property :lol:
AMcQ
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Took the Storm for a post rebuild shake-down ride this afternoon. Why oh why is it so difficult not to go bananas on these bikes? Is it the riding position? "Sorry officer, I was just taking some weight off my wrists..." Perhaps I'm too used to sit up and beg stuff. Anyway, all's good. But the back end feels a little bouncy so I need another trip out to play with the rear damping (I need a steering damper as well).
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
norry rc8

Post by norry rc8 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:31 pm
norry rc8 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:33 pm took adventure bike out on Sunday, 169 miles of fun. until
4 miles from home brock left wing mirror on a plastic road side bollard (fekin bollard) :x :x
made apex of corner perfectly.

You will be reported for vandalising council property :lol:
fekin bollard survived :x
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

norry rc8 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:32 pm
fekin bollard survived :x
:lol: :thumbup:

They're built to take a bashing :wink:

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Bit more work on Big Bird...

Took off , stripped & cleaned the rear calliper last week & majorly failed to re bleed it...For some strange reason despite draining ok before removal, It just will not back bleed...So gave up & came back to it today... Re drained it... Removed the line at the calliper end & when pushing pedal fluid came out. Took the calliper off & blew through from the nipple with the syringe & air came out of the banjo hole... So Calliper back on, line reconected, syringe loaded to back bleed & still no go...I've left it for now & when I put the bike away I bungeed the lever down, until I next pull the bike out. If that hasnt cured it, removed any air, I'll stip it back down to re inspect the calliper & change the M/C...I will win!

My mood was not improved as I dropped me bottle of brake fluid, cap came off 1/2 a bloody ltr of brake fluid on the cave floor....DOH!...

So I headed to the fronts... F4i callipers & master to swap over from the standard callipers that are on it... This is the one with the early Blade front end on it... Fek me what a faff to get the M/Gaurd off, 4 bolts each side, loads of spacers...A right PITA, had to come off as the bleednip's on the callipers were inaccesible with it in place...

Drained, callipers removed, M/C off... Bolted on the new F4i callipers, Sorted the M/C out, filth & still full of mankey old fluid, boxed it all up, bleed it through...Jobs a good un...

Tools away, lashings of brake cleaner on the spill, a bucket of hot soapy water & a good scrub of me oily patch...

Put Dresden, Blonky, Big Bird & Red633 away...Bungeed back & front brakes on the Bird...

Washed Custurd...Put that away & shut the MacCave door...

Done for today...
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Good work Mac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

It's a full-time job looking after all those bikes.

No, I'll leave it at that....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

new battery in the big girl. hit the button and sat like a sado listening to it warm it, changed the oil and filter and other than the petrol tank at the painters i think im good to go :D
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Result

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Finally got round to wrapping the new frame around the engine.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

freeridenick wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:32 pm Finally got round to wrapping the new frame around the engine.

oooooh nice one nick.. :clap: :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Nish..but these came in the post today...

:thumbup: