what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your

Post by MacV2 »

jbf955i wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:33 pm That would be great, thanks Mac

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
I've sent you a msg...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
jbf955i

Post by jbf955i »

MacV2 wrote:

I've sent you a msg...
Hi Mac. I can't send private messages for some reason. Drop me a text and we can discuss it. 07568 103739

Thanks
Jason

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

jbf955i wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:57 pm
MacV2 wrote:

I've sent you a msg...
Hi Mac. I can't send private messages for some reason. Drop me a text and we can discuss it. 07568 103739

Thanks
Jason

You need to reach 50 poste to send msgs... Your not far... I will txt you in a bit, next time I hobble downstairs..
AMCQ46

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by AMCQ46 »

Passed MOT proper after the covid free ticket last year.

Looks like I only managed 4500 miles in last 2 yrs and that’s like to drop further as I keep jumping on the ktm as 1st choice. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AMcQ
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

I stripped the forks out of the XSR, replaced the fork oil with 12.5wt, cut 10mm off the fork spacers with a pipe cutter, swapped the standard springs for a set of 9.0 KTech linear ones. Waiting on a pair of preload adjusters but put it back together with the standard fork caps and took it for a test ride on the twisties. Front end feels great now, no diving under braking, soaks up bumps and potholes nicely, good feel - the only downside is it shows the rear up, ah well maybe time for an upgraded shock.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Mav617 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:43 pm I stripped the forks out of the XSR, replaced the fork oil with 12.5wt, cut 10mm off the fork spacers with a pipe cutter, swapped the standard springs for a set of 9.0 KTech linear ones. Waiting on a pair of preload adjusters but put it back together with the standard fork caps and took it for a test ride on the twisties. Front end feels great now, no diving under braking, soaks up bumps and potholes nicely, good feel - the only downside is it shows the rear up, ah well maybe time for an upgraded shock.
interesting to hear as my MT has been a little wayward in the handling :eek2 , i kinda started at the rear of mine and put a YSS rear shock in it, transformed the rear :thumbup: . i might try the springs you got in the front to see if that helps, iv done the oil and that did help a fair bit as the old stuff was like brown water.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Worth a go Fab, fork springs are a lot less expensive than shocks. Changing everything at once wasn't ideal in terms of knowing which one had the biggest effect, suspect cutting the spacers may have helped more than the springs but it feels great now so ordered a YSS shock today for the rear.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Mav617 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:34 pm Worth a go Fab, fork springs are a lot less expensive than shocks. Changing everything at once wasn't ideal in terms of knowing which one had the biggest effect, suspect cutting the spacers may have helped more than the springs but it feels great now so ordered a YSS shock today for the rear.
i think i will have a better look at the front of mine, the fronts not to bad for me as i weigh nothing but at motorway + speeds its all gets a bit to interesting for me lol. tho its better if iv a full tank so i suspect its just me not being heavy enough is causing the wander :eek2
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

fabiostar wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:22 pm
Mav617 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:34 pm Worth a go Fab, fork springs are a lot less expensive than shocks. Changing everything at once wasn't ideal in terms of knowing which one had the biggest effect, suspect cutting the spacers may have helped more than the springs but it feels great now so ordered a YSS shock today for the rear.
i think i will have a better look at the front of mine, the fronts not to bad for me as i weigh nothing but at motorway + speeds its all gets a bit to interesting for me lol. tho its better if iv a full tank so i suspect its just me not being heavy enough is causing the wander :eek2
Get one of these for your mahoosive dog to help weigh the front down...
1ca8f91f1ae5376a091535c5a602af37.jpg
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

MacV2 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:47 pm
fabiostar wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:22 pm
Get one of these for your mahoosive dog to help weigh the front down...

1ca8f91f1ae5376a091535c5a602af37.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol: thats the very baby for me
mjvw

Post by mjvw »

As we speak Fairing removed deep clean in the hard to get to areas, couple of bolt copper slipped and replace, braided hose for front brakes re-routed just a little tight since fitting handle bar riser kit (what difference 20mm makes).
Touching up around rad areas SS bolts fitted to rad fixing rad mesh painted mat black, also notice wire to switch assembly thermo plastic surround/protection crumbling cleaned connector and recovered rubber heatshrink.
Storming About :thumbup:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Took delivery of mixture screws and found a front mud guard the same shape as my old one (only ever seen 5 of them & I owned 3 of them). So I’m happy :D
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Simple job I thought, just replace the 12v cigarette lighter type charging socket on the side of the dash with aUSB set up.

This is how much bodywork I needed to remove to get into the side of the dash surround. !

even had to take the tank off to get the final 2 screws out of the side cover to expose the base of the 12V socket.

And this is what the petrol tank looks like off the bike

and because it is a fuel injected engine, you have to deal with a high pressure dry break connector from the fuel pump. it is easy enough to see, but almost impossible to get 2 hands onto to separate and reconnect !!!

and because the tank carries a lot of fuel down low each side of the frame, there is a pair of fuel taps and a link pipe across the front below the radiator....... this is where all the road crap ends up, so you can imagine how easy those taps were to close :evil:

oh and as its a plastic tank, it has started to distort, so getting all the bolts back in took a bit of pushing & shoving.

think the VTR is easier to work on :thumbup:
AMcQ
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Wow, looks a bitch of a job that Al.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Opened the cave door just to make sure there wasnt a puddle of oil under the scuffed clutch cover.

There wasn't so thats good, wiped the weep off.

That'll do for now...

There should be enoug fule in it for a good fire... :lol: :lol: