Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by sirch345 »

Fired the beast up and ran up to NWT :D

Chris.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Went out for a 50 mile ride in the 1960’s yesterday!

Does nothing as well as the VTR but everything is more relaxed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Lovely example Kev

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Pulled Custurd out of the MacCave, stuck it on a stand, splurged some chain lube on, wiped the mirrors & lights, off the stand back in the cave. Locked the doors.

that'll do for the next weeks commute... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
nigelrb

Re: what have you done to your

Post by nigelrb »

Kev L wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:04 am Went out for a 50 mile ride in the 1960’s yesterday!

Lovely 'proper' British Triumph.

Whilst they're putting out some nice bikes now, the 'international' flavour seems to have taken the 'all British' out of the brand. I'm not being over-critical as I have a new Daytona on the way, BUT, with components and manufacture (in part) done in various Asian countries, the 'heart' has been lost from the brand. Despite my negativeness, a tour of the Hinckley factory is a very worthwhile experience for those with that sort of interest.
Stephan

Re: what have you done to your

Post by Stephan »

nigelrb wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:24 am
Kev L wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:04 am Went out for a 50 mile ride in the 1960’s yesterday!

Lovely 'proper' British Triumph.

Whilst they're putting out some nice bikes now, the 'international' flavour seems to have taken the 'all British' out of the brand. I'm not being over-critical as I have a new Daytona on the way, BUT, with components and manufacture (in part) done in various Asian countries, the 'heart' has been lost from the brand. Despite my negativeness, a tour of the Hinckley factory is a very worthwhile experience for those with that sort of interest.
Looking from outside, I dont think so. Boneville, Thruxton, Scrambler, Triples are all quite unique bikes with some history behind. Just adventure line of bikes is kind of soul less.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

well the Blue Storm went today ( see even blue sales) sorry Kev.

I have bought what must be the bargain of the year for me and the Mrs. a 2004 9000 miles, so bloody immaculate Triumph Sprint ( in Blue Kev) the last type with SSSA. It is totally immaculate. I will use this while my "Chopping" mods are in progress. but it is planned for the 2 of us to go out on ( it keeps her happy that I am considerate). The Storm still really floats my boat, and will be work in progress.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

well it had to happen, its Italian, its an Aprilia which means, total electrical cluster fcuk... no starty, no runny, then no turny over then i throw a wobbler :eek2 :eek2 .

but a friend came to the rescue who knws these DDs inside out,, never in my life have i seen so many relays,switches,solenoids and other crap on one vehicle :sad2 :sad2 two hours later after much cleaning, checking, moving relays about and removing a fly? a dead fly from inside the ECU. it runs the very best.... :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Actually washed it ... 8O

Cleaned, adjusted & lubed the chain.

Kicked tyres & decided they needed a squirt of air...

Checked oil level...

Back in the cave with ya...

Back to commuting tomorrow...

Supposed to be frosty in the morn but thankfully dry all week... :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Throwing time and money at the big KTM already .... WTF :?:

new Akrapovic end can fitted to save nearly 4kg and make it look and sound sexier :D

Satnav mount sourced and then modified to use the RAM ball system so I can use the same set up on both Bikes.

12V to 5V DC to DC converter fitted to power the satnav and it is now fitted with the same waterproof connector I used on the firestorm,so satnav is both electrically and mechanically compatible to fit to both bikes in 10 seconds.

in stripping it down I learned a few things about new KTMs

1) 99% of fasteners are torx heads, but any aftermarket parts are Allen heads ... so need to make sure the bike toolkit has both
2) its a real treat to find out it has 2 accessory live feeds already in the wiring loom tucked up behind then headlight. one is 10A rated and live all the time, the other is 1A rated and live with ignition key.
3) without the aid of youtube videos I might never have found where the wires were or how to get the feckin headlight off ..... there is a lot of crash bars and panels to remove!
4) the petrol tank is mahousive :lol:

just need to wait for the ice and salt to feck off and I will get it MOT'd and start to explore its limits before Yorksire outing
AMcQ
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Nice one Al, so it’s a keeper now then

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Dragged the blue project storm out the cave and gave it a degrease fitted another gear lever, clutch reservoir and rear wheel as other one had scabby paint.
Also removed the dented tank and drained the old fuel out of it.

Duffy1964
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:22 pm well it had to happen, its Italian, its an Aprilia which means, total electrical cluster fcuk... no starty, no runny, then no turny over then i throw a wobbler :eek2 :eek2 .

but a friend came to the rescue who knws these DDs inside out,, never in my life have i seen so many relays,switches,solenoids and other crap on one vehicle :sad2 :sad2 two hours later after much cleaning, checking, moving relays about and removing a fly? a dead fly from inside the ECU. it runs the very best.... :thumbup:
Is that what's known as the fly-by-wire throttle :crazy: :wink:

Glad it wasn't nothing too costly. It probably would have been without your friend who know's them inside out :thumbup:

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:48 pm Throwing time and money at the big KTM already .... WTF :?:

new Akrapovic end can fitted to save nearly 4kg and make it look and sound sexier :D

Satnav mount sourced and then modified to use the RAM ball system so I can use the same set up on both Bikes.

12V to 5V DC to DC converter fitted to power the satnav and it is now fitted with the same waterproof connector I used on the firestorm,so satnav is both electrically and mechanically compatible to fit to both bikes in 10 seconds.

in stripping it down I learned a few things about new KTMs

1) 99% of fasteners are torx heads, but any aftermarket parts are Allen heads ... so need to make sure the bike toolkit has both
2) its a real treat to find out it has 2 accessory live feeds already in the wiring loom tucked up behind then headlight. one is 10A rated and live all the time, the other is 1A rated and live with ignition key.
3) without the aid of youtube videos I might never have found where the wires were or how to get the feckin headlight off ..... there is a lot of crash bars and panels to remove!
4) the petrol tank is mahousive :lol:

just need to wait for the ice and salt to feck off and I will get it MOT'd and start to explore its limits before Yorksire outing
That's a good weight saving Al :clap: and it most likely goes better now as well, double bonus 8)

Interesting to hear what you've learned about the big KTM.

I'll be interested to hear your opinion when the weather starts to warm up on what it's like to ride,

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Didn't you have a ram ball problem with your other bike?

:wave:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.