what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Wicky

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Wicky »

Charged batteries of bikes, pumped up tyres - bunged a new indicator on the transap and brake lever on Storm and took them round the block

Split flange SS blanks will be delivered tomorrow just in the nick of time looking at the Storm's front one! That's the 2nd or 3rd header system in close to 70,000 miles where the OEM flanges have disintegrated.

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Does your neighbours dog hate your bike?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
podman

Post by podman »

tony.mon wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:19 pm Does your neighbours dog hate your bike?
:biggrin
podman

Post by podman »

Got some power up front for my phone, using a very basic and cheap wiring system some one recommended me on the forum (cant remember who but thanks), of course its on permanently but if I pull the fuse out when im not using the bike, will that stop the drain on the battery?

[url]Image

[url]Image
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Thought it might need a wash...

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

podman wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:01 pm Got some power up front for my phone, using a very basic and cheap wiring system some one recommended me on the forum (cant remember who but thanks), of course its on permanently but if I pull the fuse out when im not using the bike, will that stop the drain on the battery?

Yes.
Ideally you run a relay so it only comes on when the ignition is on.

As an alternative take the live side feed to your existing setup from a live that only comes on when the ignition is on, such as the rear brake live feed to the switch by your right foot.
The current draw for a mobile will be low, so the circuit will be man enough for that extra load.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

You can always pull power from the small running light above the headlight :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i cursed my bike today...a lot, as in for making me drive 500 god dam miles just to get some bling for it :clap: :clap: :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
podman

Post by podman »

tony.mon wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:22 pm
podman wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:01 pm Got some power up front for my phone, using a very basic and cheap wiring system some one recommended me on the forum (cant remember who but thanks), of course its on permanently but if I pull the fuse out when im not using the bike, will that stop the drain on the battery?

Yes.
Ideally you run a relay so it only comes on when the ignition is on.

As an alternative take the live side feed to your existing setup from a live that only comes on when the ignition is on, such as the rear brake live feed to the switch by your right foot.
Please show me what relay I would use Tony and how I would add it to the circuit, ..or if its easier, what wire would I need to tap into (and by what method/how!) , im resorting to pulling the fuse out because of this lack of knowledge!
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

fabiostar wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:57 pm i cursed my bike today...a lot, as in for making me drive 500 god dam miles just to get some bling for it :clap: :clap: :clap:
just be grateful you can get bling driving distance away; here is "cruiser-land", we have to cross major bodies of water to access the stuff...
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

mik_str wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:21 am
fabiostar wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:57 pm i cursed my bike today...a lot, as in for making me drive 500 god dam miles just to get some bling for it :clap: :clap: :clap:
just be grateful you can get bling driving distance away; here is "cruiser-land", we have to cross major bodies of water to access the stuff...
that is also true :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Final fit & finish on the Red Shed that Vanstub has purchased...

Put the fairings on & gave it a polish...He just needs to tax & insure & pick it up.

Looking wheelie good (from a distance... :lol: :lol: )

Then swapped the fairing over on Custard with the one off The Underseal Special...Blonkey. It has a HID conversion on the headlight, find out if it's any good on Tues morning when I head off to work @ 06.45...

Maybe I should start calling it Joseph ?
podman

Post by podman »

You aiming for the old Benneton look with that storm Mac?!

Be interested to hear how much better the HID is.

First ride of 2018 for me today, anyone else get out?

Weather was warm enough but was a bit wet in places so I wimped out of using the Storm & borrowed the OHs CBR, brilliant to get out again...Cant fault these old CBRs, like the storm, a real bargain, fun bike.

[url]Image
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

podman wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:34 pm You aiming for the old Benneton look with that storm Mac?!

Be interested to hear how much better the HID is.

First ride of 2018 for me today, anyone else get out?
Nah the Benneton look has been done already. Plus I dont have any green...I have a red bikini I could put on it...I just swapped the fairing over as it's less of a faff than changing the light only...

I'll find out on Tuesday morn if the light makes a differnce, first 7 to 8 miles is mostly unlit...I hve a better than std bulb in anyway & it's still shite...

First ride of 2018...ya wuss been riding into work all year... :lol: :lol:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

changed the horrible subframe on the blue one...removed about 4 miles of unwanted wiring and little flashy boxes and anything not needed was binned....