what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:18 pm Fitted the sexy lights, carbon nose and new screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As Duffy said, that is looking great Al 8)

Chris.
fabiostar

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by fabiostar »

Katoom is looking dam fine Al :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

fabiostar wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:13 pm Katoom is looking dam fine Al :thumbup:
Looking at fitting a 17" front wheel off a superduke GT as a winter project. Make it a bit more SuperMoto.
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Re: what have you done to your

Post by AMCQ46 »

Pete.L wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:59 pm Have you been up the lane yet in the dark to see how the new beams look?
I keep thinking I should change over to LED bulbs but haven’t done anything about it yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Only tested the lights in the garage to set the height of the dip beam against the wall, but it is much brighter and a good clean cut off compared to the stock bulbs. Then on full beam you have both projectors, so expecting that to be like daytime.
AMcQ
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Getting a tad concerned for you old boy, you seem to be over run with four wheeled vehicles in your pictures is this sign of things to come.......
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Richard wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:26 pm Getting a tad concerned for you old boy, you seem to be over run with four wheeled vehicles in your pictures is this sign of things to come.......
It's one less than most of lockdown as I sold the hairdressers mini convertible.... And the silver one left after its owner had eaten us out of all vegetables
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

AMCQ46 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:59 pm
fabiostar wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:13 pm Katoom is looking dam fine Al :thumbup:
Looking at fitting a 17" front wheel off a superduke GT as a winter project. Make it a bit more SuperMoto.
now that would be a proper weapon of a thing :clap: :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Busy day. I checked valve clearances and adjusted the cct in a storm, then did an oil and filter change and cleaned the air filter on the aprilia.
Got a few Titanium bits and some tail stickers to fit to the aprilia tomorrow, then back onto tidying the SP2 and finishing the full service. I've already checked the valve clearances and changed the plugs, just an oil change to go, a quick wipe with an oily rag and get it listed for sale.
Wife says I can keep it for another year or so if I want, but I've already made my peace with selling it, and need the space in the garage.

I know I'll have some regrets, but hey, I'm only a lottery win away from buying another one if I feel like it.
Might have to buy a ticket......
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Washed two weeks of crud off Custurd ready for next weeks downpours... :lol:

Snapped the seat unit in half taking it off to get at the indi relay. To be fair it's been cracked since I've had the bike, I did do a bit of plastic weld to the crack & boshed a fiberglass patch on it, some time ago, & have used it like that & taken it off a few times but today it gave up the ghost... :(

Might give it a go at a repair but I had the one off Rusty the Storm on the side so bunged that on for now...

Indis have been playing up this week not working, sprayed with contact cleaner, working, back to not working & then working again on the last turn in in the way home. Then back to not working... Farted about with them today, more contact cleaner, changed the relay, checked all the conections. All working as they should. If they fail again its replace the switch time...Fortunatly one came up of farcebarf yesterday so snapped that up. Took the one off Rusty today but that will need a full strip down, water came out of it when I took it off which is not a good sign really is it... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Re indicator switch

Already had to do mine when it became hit or miss in working - Open up the switch, uncsrew where it rotates blast with cleaner spray - let it evaporate away, then add some silicone grease.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

or be like me and become a fair weather jessie! i have become one of the people i used to mock!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

haynesjones66 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:30 pm or be like me and become a fair weather jessie! i have become one of the people i used to mock!
No choice only transport & even if I did buy a car I would get seriously pissed off with the morning commute traffic...

So I put up with getting a bit wet now & then.

Also I do have the luxury of having more than one bike so Custurd is commuter duties. Having passed 77777 miles recently it aint doing bad, bit tatty in places but it's a work horse...

ULEZ is expanding out to the South Circular next year but my destination falls a few miles outside that, so Custurd can carry on for now...No doubt they will eventualy expand it out to the M25 then it will be curtains for Custurd... :(
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Just proves, as I have said before, that good routine maintenance is the key and I await correction but I believe another yellow one has 50k plus on the old clock
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Sadly a Firestorm is looking to be a very sensible buy as a a winter hack these days, while remaining as good option for a sunny day buy.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

tony.mon wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:41 am Sadly a Firestorm is looking to be a very sensible buy as a a winter hack these days, while remaining as good option for a sunny day buy.
Oh god help me, have I reached that stage in life were I am sensible.......... maybe, maybe not!!!! 😈