what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Duffy1964

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Duffy1964 »

Cheers Kev

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Best of luck I am sure you will get it right. Me I would go for the Hammerite look, but lack of skill and patience are the overideing factors in my choice 😂
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

I know how you feel I may just emulsion it

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Dickiebig

Re: what have you done to your

Post by Dickiebig »

Duffy1964 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:48 pm I know how you feel I may just emulsion it ImageImageImage

Oh come surely Eggshell!! 👀😷
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Richard wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:44 pm Went for a little jaunt on the new, lowered pegs. My knees are 98% happy, I am 89% happy. Some little tweeks to do and muscle memory to build up but I should be ok.
Just sent off for membership of the Darby & Joan club, but unfortunately I don't have a rocking chair 🥴
That's good news, worth doing :clap:

Chris.
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

sirch345 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:23 pm
Richard wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:44 pm Went for a little jaunt on the new, lowered pegs. My knees are 98% happy, I am 89% happy. Some little tweeks to do and muscle memory to build up but I should be ok.
Just sent off for membership of the Darby & Joan club, but unfortunately I don't have a rocking chair 🥴

Chris.

Thanks Chris, hopefully. 100 miles approx in one go is just about doable with the original pegs but my mate and I did a couple of 200mile days recently and it was too much for the knees and elbow. I do think altering the bars to straight bars has caused some of this as I now sit in a more upright position and the contact with the seat, especially, is different.
Anyway it all good to play 🥳
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Richard wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:56 pm
sirch345 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:23 pm

Chris.

Thanks Chris, hopefully. 100 miles approx in one go is just about doable with the original pegs but my mate and I did a couple of 200mile days recently and it was too much for the knees and tonsils. I do think altering the bars to straight bars has caused some of this as I now sit in a more upright position and the contact with the seat, especially, is different.
Anyway it all good to play 🥳
I agree with you on the more upright riding position as I notice the seat not as comfortable as I thought it was with the clip-on handlebars :problem:
However the Renthal handlebar conversion is much better for my neck problem :D

Chris.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Duffy1964 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:21 pm Yeah I have just found out that it needs a base coat. Bloody listing never mentioned that. Image

How to Blend Paint in SMALL Areas - informative video showing principle and techniques involved

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Well yesterday!
I put some Puncture Safe in my tyres in preparation for Storming Scotland.
After a roadside repair kit failing twice a couple of months ago I decided not to trust those sticky string kits again.
The new version of Puncture Safe is tested up to 170 mph and hopefully the new formula doesn’t cause any damage to the inside of the rim like it did in Sirch’s bike a few years ago.

https://www.puncturesafe.com

My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

Picked a VTR up this morning rough as toast really but I’d got the train there and didn’t fancy getting it back, after riding it home I probably should of got the train home as the riding position wasn’t very comfortable maybe that was due to sticking to the motorway trying to beat the rain home and also not doing much riding in last 18 months. It has high bars Couple of nice bits like blade front end and SP calliper and m/c wavy discs and braided lines. Pulls really well but after having a HRC tube on my last one this seemed to twist forever, felt a lot of vibration through the bike after 70 miles my rear end was numb again maybe due to lack of miles plus sat on motorway. With a rear shock and set of cans will probably make a decent track bike. So back to saving and on the hunt for a totally standard storm.

nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

uk13iker wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:52 pm Picked a VTR up this morning rough as toast really but I’d got the train there and didn’t fancy getting it back, after riding it home I probably should of got the train home as the riding position wasn’t very comfortable maybe that was due to sticking to the motorway trying to beat the rain home and also not doing much riding in last 18 months. It has high bars Couple of nice bits like blade front end and SP calliper and m/c wavy discs and braided lines. Pulls really well but after having a HRC tube on my last one this seemed to twist forever, felt a lot of vibration through the bike after 70 miles my rear end was numb again maybe due to lack of miles plus sat on motorway. With a rear shock and set of cans will probably make a decent track bike. So back to saving and on the hunt for a totally standard storm.
:confused After reading that twice, I don't know whether to say congrats or commiserations! :) :thumbup: However, even if you get a good stock one and swap over the good bits you'll still be on a winner!
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

I wasn’t sure either until I’ve cleaned her up happier with it now. High rise bars need to go and standard mirrors back on without the extenders then see what it rides like.

uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

Couple of pics

Duffy1964

what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Duffy1964 »

Was that Steve Saunders one from FB he was selling for around £1300?

Duffy1964
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

My those risers do look high. I have flat bars but nowhere near the rise those things have