what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
tony.mon

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by tony.mon »

No, it's lighter.... Helps to offset the extra weight I put on with all the crash bungs.

Good job I did, though, I laid it down on the grass today putting it back in the garage....
No marks.
In both senses!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

the new to me silver one from 3 weeks ago has left the nest and its sold,

i got it cheap and stuck it up for £950 and within an hour the cash was handed over, cheap storms still sell well :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Commando77

Post by Commando77 »

Put some fuel in and went for a short run to see the flying scotsman running.... Lovely example of British engineering👍. Lots of 190hp semi guided missiles out🤔.... Scary.
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Semi guided says it all, but who am I to talk, I feel like I have the fella with the red flag in front of me. Somewhat out of practice
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

tried new baffles configuration along with new carb setup. It is now louder over viper baffles, but still reasonable. This is 3rd incarnation, 1st was pipe itself, 2nd with metal strip added, now 3rd with beer caps. I can change it to something more serious, but it seems to be working as intended :)

Viper baffles that work

and current baffles
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Another years ticket at the mot station for the Aprilia and the blue girl this morning :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:41 pm Another years ticket at the mot station for the Aprilia and the blue girl this morning :clap:
It's always good to get the mot(s) out of the way for another 12 months. My Storm is due soon,
Stephan wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:08 pm
and current baffles
Love the beer cap baffles :clap:

Chris.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Stephan wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:08 pm tried new baffles configuration along with new carb setup. It is now louder over viper baffles, but still reasonable. This is 3rd incarnation, 1st was pipe itself, 2nd with metal strip added, now 3rd with beer caps. I can change it to something more serious, but it seems to be working as intended :)

Viper baffles that work

and current baffles
Ahh!
Now if Carlsberg made bike exhaust :lol: :lol: :lol:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Rode home in a constant downpour...proper wringing.

Made it on the the Grain road & thinking soon be home... about 5 miles from home the road is a inch deep across the whole road... Muddy water straight off the feilds...Thanks Mr Farmer or Mr Highways man for keeping the drainage ditches clear... This goes on for at least a 1/4 mile... Fine to ride through as long as you keep the speed down...It just when an artic coming the other way doing 40 & the 6 foot wave hits you... 8O

I was waiting for the bike to cut out but it ploughed on without a hicup... :thumbup:

Then when you get down to the port there are 3 mahoosive puddles across my side of the road...

Got home & wrung me gloves out...

Please be a dry summer I'm peed off with getting wet... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:35 pm Rode home in a constant downpour...proper wringing.

Made it on the the Grain road & thinking soon be home... about 5 miles from home the road is a inch deep across the whole road... Muddy water straight off the feilds...Thanks Mr Farmer or Mr Highways man for keeping the drainage ditches clear... This goes on for at least a 1/4 mile... Fine to ride through as long as you keep the speed down...It just when an artic coming the other way doing 40 & the 6 foot wave hits you... 8O

I was waiting for the bike to cut out but it ploughed on without a hicup... :thumbup:

Then when you get down to the port there are 3 mahoosive puddles across my side of the road...

I bet your rear end was twitching a bit with all that to negotiate Mac, glad you survived okay and got home in one piece :thumbup:

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

sirch345 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:03 pm
MacV2 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:35 pm Rode home in a constant downpour...proper wringing.

I bet your rear end was twitching a bit with all that to negotiate Mac, glad you survived okay and got home in one piece :thumbup:

Chris.
:lol: :lol: Tyre or ringpeice ? Or both... :confused
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Reminds me of when I bought red 633 to you.It was a bit moist to say the least. :)
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Rode to work in the dry, rode home from work in the dry, sun visor down the whole way, didn't even plug in me heated gloves.

What a differnce a day makes...

Kind of made up for the hysterical last tenant I called on...screaming & shouting at me... :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:34 am
sirch345 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:03 pm

Chris.
:lol: :lol: Tyre or ringpeice ? Or both... :confused
:lol: now you mention it probably both :)

Glad you had a much drier day to day,

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Took mrs mcq out on the big KTum.

Dry then rain then dry, but always windy. Was only about 50miles just to blow away the cobwebs.

Paula had a tear in her eyes when we got back as she said it should have been Norman and Vivien out there.

RIP mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AMcQ