what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Pete.L »

I put a couple of washers undermine to stop that very thing. I didn’t like the way it stresses the plastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Not a lot, yesterday did the clean lube adjust routine on Custurd, wiped the muck off the lights & indis, no point in washing it, however mankey it is as it will get plastered tomorrow anyway... :lol:

Today even less, finaly mounted the air intake panels to Red 633's fairing, replaced some other missing screws as well. Tore the cover off a seat I have which has been re foamed in the past but had a few rips & tear's so needed a recover. Had a std seat cove but its too small , what with the extra padding... I'll get some seat vinyl & sort it out another day...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

RSV4 air filter now fitted to the Tuono.
It's a bit loud now, lucky I have a new lid to muffle the sound.
About half as noisy as my Storm, though, so I'll learn to live with it.
First time I have had the tank off, nice easy bike to work on, although, if course, as I promised the wife, I'm not doing anything to this one, same as the SP2, which just has a couple of comfort and safety tweaks.

And ordered some plastic washers for the shock linkage as there are shocking gaps that let road crud get to the bearings.
A quick grease and fit the washers next weekend between WSB races is in order.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your

Post by sirch345 »

Pete.L wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:17 am I put a couple of washers undermine to stop that very thing. I didn’t like the way it stresses the plastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers Pete :thumbup: I think something like that will do the trick,

Chris.
Rhughes945

Post by Rhughes945 »

Finally had a break in the weather and started on cleaning my rear wheel, don't know what it's painted with but it's like a magnet to dust and dirt.
It's finally looking a brighter yellow, rather than sort of greyed out yellow.
Also cleaned my chain while I was there.

Then the rain came back so she went back under cover til this morning :(
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Indis wer playing up yesterday, so when I got home I gave the switch a blast of contact cleaner, gave them a test & all was good...

Fired it up this morning & total fail, nish the odd flash of the dash light but just not flashing...

So when I got home today, dug out a spare flasher relay, swaped that over still nothing...

Fortunatly I had a spare switch in stock, swapped it over & all is good...I can flash to my hearts content... :flasher:
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Nothing new there then 🤪🤪🤪
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

put the blue one back together over the last few days, havent been far from the nest so this took my mind of the winter blues.

the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Swapped the capacitor on the dash of the BM, now the clock doesn't reset when I turn the igntion and tacho/speedo work straight off! Small thing but makes all the difference heading for the 07:31 train each morning. Oil and filter (again) tomorrow.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

fabiostar wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:10 am put the blue one back together over the last few days, havent been far from the nest so this took my mind of the winter blues.

Looks "fab" mate
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

It's not the winter blues that bother me so much as the other winter colours.... What's the spring or summer colour scheme going to be? I could be interested in almost anything but:
1) the Britten pink and whatever else was left over from painting the shed colour scheme
2) the Joey practice TT Vimto SP1 scheme
3) bitumen underseal Black
4) a streetfighter. Man up and admit you dropped it, wrecking the plastics, rather than pretend it was what you intended it to look like. Although it would be lighter, I suppose.
Constructive comments please, one and all?
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:38 am It's not the winter blues that bother me so much as the other winter colours.... What's the spring or summer colour scheme going to be? I could be interested in almost anything but:
1) the Britten pink and whatever else was left over from painting the shed colour scheme
2) the Joey practice TT Vimto SP1 scheme
3) bitumen underseal Black
4) a streetfighter. Man up and admit you dropped it, wrecking the plastics, rather than pretend it was what you intended it to look like. Although it would be lighter, I suppose.
Constructive comments please, one and all?
3) underseal black... been done, looks shite but apparently it had been wrapped beforhand in a sort of purple floral walpaper type design...& no neither was my choice... :lol: :lol:

It looks shite close up ... :lol: :lol:
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

tony.mon wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:16 pm RSV4 air filter now fitted to the Tuono.
Reason for this?
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:29 am
tony.mon wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:16 pm RSV4 air filter now fitted to the Tuono.
Reason for this?
It's an oiled fibre/cloth filter and flows air a lot easier than the Tuono paper version, and, like a k and n, can be cleaned and re oiled.
Makes sense as I have the full Akra system, air in, air out.
I will be doing all my own servicing, so I'll be cleaning it regularly, it's easy to get to- the tank comes off in moments as it has a quick disconnect as standard.
The forum has owners saying it gives 10 bhp, lol.
I'll get it on the dyno at some stage to check. I'd be happy enough with 5 for the system and filter. It's a easy win.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

OK, makes sense. It might be heavier though....
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)