what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
VTRsquid

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by VTRsquid »

freeridenick wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:46 pm Pulled chunks of grass out of it :(.
:eek2 Is everyone ok?
thelens

Post by thelens »

freeridenick wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:46 pm Pulled chunks of grass out of it :(.
Ouch !
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

A mate sent me this pick of my campsite at the bike rally I attended.

Australia is in drought, there were bush fires all around us and everything is tinder dry.

South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
JazzmasterJ

Post by JazzmasterJ »

Wow never seen the dual mount on one side before! Looks awesome. Nice and shiny too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Yes it is unusual isn't it.

It fools most people and they don't have a clue as to what make the bike is.

Can you guess what most people say?

I laugh every time someone says it !

I love sh1t stirring and this bike gets up some people's noses for how it looks, sounds and goes.

The VTR is a great platform for personalisation and even after 9 years it never ceases to amaze me.

What a great bike !
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
JazzmasterJ

Post by JazzmasterJ »

kenmoore wrote:Yes it is unusual isn't it.

It fools most people and they don't have a clue as to what make the bike is.

Can you guess what most people say?

I laugh every time someone says it !

I love sh1t stirring and this bike gets up some people's noses for how it looks, sounds and goes.

The VTR is a great platform for personalisation and even after 9 years it never ceases to amaze me.

What a great bike !
Can’t think of many sports bikes with side stacked pipes like that other than MVs! You’ll have to enlighten me. I agree though storms have such potential for their looks. I plan to make mine even more orange as soon as possible!

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Rode it in to work, coughing & spluttering once off the A2... :confused

Did the same on the way home, it's ok higher revs & constant throtle but sitting at lights is coughing & missing & needs a few more revs than normal to pull away without bogging down...

Was ok when I went in & home on Weds, filled up on way home & it sat in the MacCave till this morning...Started up fine & ran OK until I came off the A2 & the first slow down at a roundabout was fluffy on the pick up off the exit, then was just genrally shite all the rest of the way into work.

Turned the tick over up a bit when I parked up & gave it a few twists as you do & it seemed fine...

However I told work it was running poorly & IF I got home without breaking down I would have a quick look at it but If it needs a major strip I would have to take the day off...

I got home OK but it was still shite around town, OK on the A2 but then on the run in to home the 40mph average speed cams bit...6th gear is 40 @ 2k...buurlbel buurble cough ect ect...4th gear is 40 @ 3k & its fine...

Txt work & said I wont be in...that'll be the carbs off then tomorrow...Hoping its something simple like a split vac line or one of the plugs has come out of the vac lines...or one of the choke nuts has given up the will to live & has fallen out...

Ho Hum gotta love your Storm tho...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Hope you haven’t caught something nasty from Fab!!! :wink:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Kev L wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:34 pm Hope you haven’t caught something nasty from Fab!!! :wink:
you took the words outa my mouth kev :sad2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

fabiostar wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:15 pm
Kev L wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:34 pm Hope you haven’t caught something nasty from Fab!!! :wink:
you took the words outa my mouth kev :sad2
I'm hoping it will be something simple but then thats what Fabio said... :lol: :lol:

He hasn't been near it so I doubt it's got cooties from his Bloo Meanie...

If it's not a quick fix I'll just have to recommision one of the other crates & use that instead...
VTRsquid

Post by VTRsquid »

Ok so today is the day i finalise removing unnecessary previous owner spaghetti wiring. Got this far , part of which involved splitting the worlds most heavy duty heatshrink which the p/o filled with some sort of non-oily lubricating fluid which was literally dripping out as i went so i could seperate the one wire in there i wanted to keep.
Next is removing the Oxford heated grips which i long since disconected at the battery along with about 17 other ring terminals and they feel like holding a turkish prison dragon dildo in each hand. Any tips on how to get these clunkers off without setting the bike on fire? Ive split the rubber and now there is a plastic tube which seems to be fused to the bar.
Edit; never mind they come of easy as with a heat gun.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

So took the day off to fettel the Custurd...

Started with the tank off to check the vac lines all seemed ok just a trim off the ends to get rid of the cracking, decided to check the pet rock & managed to drop the tank off the bike wilst wresting with the sensor wire conection... Thankfully still had the Bagster cover on it so no major damage, bent the front mount a bit but soon had that back in shape...did however manage to snap the key which was still in the cap...DOH! Have a spare so no biggie & the snapped bit came out easy enough...

Petcock stripped & all seem fine...

Next pulled the carbs, choke nuts all ok so It s not that, took the float bowls off all clean & no blocked jets, rebuilt them & set the air screws...

Decided to check the cam chain tensions... Rear was spot on...front was a tad loose...& so were 3 of the cam cap bolts, 1 of which was about 1 turn of the thread from coming right out... 8O

Torqued them all to correct setting & adjusted the chain.

Checked the TPS & with a bit of adjustment got it to 506, checked the carb balance & it was spot on... :thumbup:

New plugs & air fillter along the way...

Boxed it all back up, tidy up tools & bikes away, washed up, threw on me kit & took it for a test ride...

Bastid thing seem fine no hint of the stuttering, span it round & came home...

Next comody moment... decided to stop at the shop, needed baccy, parked up & put me key in me trews pocket, went in got me bits, came out lid on gloves on...damm keys in pocket, glove back off had a fumble &... managed to loose me key through a hole in the pocket but it went into the inner liner... So had to walk home get a spare (second of the day remember ) walk back ride home...I could feel the bloody key against me knee whilst walking...Any hoo got home got me kecks off had a rumage & managed to find the key & work it back over toward the hole & got it out :Woohoo: Did have visions of having to cut the liner to get it back out... Note to self dont use that pocket for your key again :lol: :lol:

So bit of a mystery as to the poor running yesterday, will see in the morning if it has been fully cleard up...

Watch this space or watch some paint dry it might be more entertaining :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

God almighty, man, you need protecting from yourself.....
Hope tomorrow's a better day. :thumbup:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

MacV2 wrote:So took the day off to fettel
..Any hoo got home got me kecks off had a rumage & managed to find the key & work it back over toward the hole & got it out :Woohoo: Did have visions of having to cut the liner to get it back out... Note to self dont use that pocket for your key again :lol: :lol:

So bit of a mystery as to the poor running yesterday, will see in the morning if it has been fully cleard up...

Watch this space or watch some paint dry it might be more entertaining :lol:
ImageImageImage
Sorry for you woes Mac
But that just cracked me upImage
I’d have just dropped me trews and got the key. Stuff walking home for a bit of privacy ImageImageImage

My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i fixed mine :eek2 . after 8 months of heart attacks i actually think its fixed..... :eek2 :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: