what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by agentpineapple »

So yesterday I got off my butt and refitted my ohlins. A poxy job. But it needed to go back on. At least it meant I could check and re-grease the linkages. But as the bike rarely sees rain over here. It was no surprise that they were all good. It also allowed me to give my rear end a good clean fnar fnar!!!!
So no nasty surprises and I can get my leg over again :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

kenmoore wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:20 pm Hey Fabio,

I have been following your trials and tribulations with the Blue one and have empathy .

I once owned a Suzuki GT750 Water Bottle with a 3 into 1 expansion chamber and it was a beast.

It developed an over heating problem so I replaced the radiator cap, still had the problem, then I set on to replace or inspect the following,

Thermostat, hoses, water pump , head gaskets, rings , you name it I tried it, it still went so I traded it in.

I told the dealer that it was dodgey and what I had done.

One thing I didn't do was inspect the nylon water pump drive gear and it had a crack that allowed the water pump shaft to rotate without turning the gear and therefore the water pump wasn't being driven.

What made it even worse was that this great bike ended up in my cousins possession and he trashed it.

If I had kept going I think I would have got it . I did 96,000 Klms on that bike and I always regret not having it.

Would cruise all day at 140-160 K's

Keep going mate,

You will get it . :beer:
well today i went out and put a hundred miles on it, without touching anything, not even looking at it, the god dam things flying again? im lost as to why but its pretty much back to how its always been. no flat spots,no spluttering ,no nothing just pulling like a train again from zero to whenever i want :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

fabiostar wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 1:53 pm
well today i went out and put a hundred miles on it, without touching anything, not even looking at it, the god dam things flying again? im lost as to why but its pretty much back to how its always been. no flat spots,no spluttering ,no nothing just pulling like a train again from zero to whenever i want :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thats because I removed the pins...

:wink:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Obviously there can be no possible way of affecting a man's bikes by pushing pins into his effigy.
That would be ridiculous, contrary to the laws of science and with no scientific proof at all, ever.

But if you were pushing pins into a model of a blue Firestorm, and a yellow one, that might have done it.......
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
bald_pig

Post by bald_pig »

tony.mon wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:43 pm Obviously there can be no possible way of affecting a man's bikes by pushing pins into his effigy.
That would be ridiculous, contrary to the laws of science and with no scientific proof at all, ever.

But if you were pushing pins into a model of a blue Firestorm, and a yellow one, that might have done it.......
I don't know, there's a pin in the back of the head, and the bikes have been giving him a headache...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

its been god dam Mac all along :evil: :evil:
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Slightly hungover afternoon tidying up loose ends. The exhaust is back on, it's full of fluids and then I ran out of battery - I forgot to take the plugs out turning it over to get the oil round. Second go at getting it running tomorrow.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

freeridenick wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:27 pm Slightly hungover afternoon tidying up loose ends. The exhaust is back on, it's full of fluids and then I ran out of battery - I forgot to take the plugs out turning it over to get the oil round. Second go at getting it running tomorrow.
god dam man lets be seeing it, wee needs pictures of this beasty :clap:
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Gave it a run to Hastings for the May Day run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

bald_pig wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:17 pm
tony.mon wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:43 pm Obviously there can be no possible way of affecting a man's bikes by pushing pins into his effigy.

I don't know, there's a pin in the back of the head, and the bikes have been giving him a headache...
:lol: :thumbup:

Chris.
tony.mon

Re: what have you done to your

Post by tony.mon »

Duffy1964 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:03 pm Gave it a run to Hastings for the May Day run ImageImage

Did you get stuck in the A21 closure this afternoon?
Duffy1964

what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Duffy1964 »

We got diverted just before Tonbridge around 9:45 am accident looked pretty bad quite a few emergency services at the scene. We got to Hastings via Eastbourne but it wasn’t as good as last year tbh.
Had a good run back via A21 with no issues fortunately

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Imagine the scene.....
A box jockey knocks a biker off, then 30,000 of his mates turn up shortly afterwards.....

Smidsy?
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Finished off yesterday's jobs and it's running again. :D
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

Fitted innovate o2 sensors.

175 178 48 48 big cans and k&n

Readings 10-12 on both plus sooty as f... Both still rich. Little richer front
Wee trip to the pub tonight and the tank will be empty enough to remove later