what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
fabiostar

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by fabiostar »

MacV2 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:54 am
fabiostar wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:23 am went out in bright sunshine for a spin up the coast. and that was the last part of the day i enjoyed 8O 8O

caught in a rainstorm
caught in a hailstorm
got hit my a load of carboard and wood by a passing skip lorry :eek2 . just about got stopped as i couldnt see a fecking thing, peeled the soggy mess of myself and the bike and noticed oil dripping :( . a lump of wood had managed to near rip my oil cooler of, apart from that and a mirror being ripped of alls good..

apart from that not a bad day :eek2 :eek2
Shite ! Don't suppose you got the lorry reg Or at least know the company name...Wasn't Lloydie was it he drives skip lorries...
no by the time id sh1t myself and got stopped he was long gone the b8stard :eek2 .......

right enough it was pink lol.. Lloydie were you up the coast road by any chance lol
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
norry rc8

Post by norry rc8 »

no good fabiostar :( :(

went out run on rc8 , on Sunday big strait road ( not going that slow??) two cars flash me so took appropriate steeps (right hand loosen ) and just up the road ;;;;;; the camera van in the side of road trying to spoil my day ;;;;;; :bobby2: :thumbdown:
Scottish road :thumbup: :thumbup:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

that's early in the season for the camera plod to be out. :( what road were they on?

but on the plus side the cars still flash you up there ... down here I have had bikers that don't bother to warn you!!
AMcQ
norry rc8

Post by norry rc8 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:23 pm that's early in the season for the camera plod to be out. :( what road were they on?

but on the plus side the cars still flash you up there ... down here I have had bikers that don't bother to warn you!!
I was on A75 going up Gatehouse bypass
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

norry rc8 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:55 pm
AMCQ46 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:23 pm that's early in the season for the camera plod to be out. :( what road were they on?

I was on A75 going up Gatehouse bypass
that's not so bad, I was worried they were waiting on the bikers roads, but the A75 to be expected with all the cars & trucks
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Rode Custurd up to Woolich for me meeting...

Thrashed it on the way home to blow the cobwebs out...Frank was a bit miffed... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Got my Storm mot'd this morning, she sailed through I'm pleased to say, although I did give the bike a good check over last week,

Chris.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Good news Chris. Always a little nagging doubt, however well you check it over!
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

sirch345 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:00 pm Got my Storm mot'd this morning, she sailed through I'm pleased to say, although I did give the bike a good check over last week,

Chris.
Great new Chris. How many miles are on the old girl now? I only ask because the year before last I only put 39 miles on the SP. The Guy in the shop accused me of just riding it up to the garage, getting an MOT , riding it home again and not using it again until the next MOT :lol:
Managed a few more last summer though :D
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Actually got me hands dirty working on Vanstubs Blade fighter, my good god the things a lash up... :lol: :lol:

Sorted a bracket out to hold the front brake res pot as it was a bit Bob Dylan... just blowin in the wind... :lol: :lol:

Had to scrub my hands with bleach to get the stink of fighter off !

I've told him he has to come to GrainStorm on it so we can all take the ppppiss !
popkat

Post by popkat »

MacV2 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:12 pm Actually got me hands dirty working on Vanstubs Blade fighter, my good god the things a lash up... :lol: :lol:

Sorted a bracket out to hold the front brake res pot as it was a bit Bob Dylan... just blowin in the wind... :lol: :lol:

I've told him he has to come to GrainStorm on it so we can all take the ppppiss !

What about the poor sods who can't make grainstorm, put a picture up so everyone else can admire or rip it apart :lol:

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

popkat wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:50 pm
MacV2 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:12 pm Actually got me hands dirty working on Vanstubs Blade fighter, my good god the things a lash up... :lol: :lol:

What about the poor sods who can't make grainstorm, put a picture up so everyone else can admire or rip it apart :lol:
Oh I will dont worry... :lol:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Today i finished it, i actually think iv finished the god dam thing..

the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Kev L wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:19 am Good news Chris. Always a little nagging doubt, however well you check it over!
:thumbup:
Cheers Kev :thumbup:

You are so right, even though in your mind you've found nothing for it to fail on :)
Pete.L wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:50 pm
sirch345 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:00 pm Got my Storm mot'd this morning, she sailed through I'm pleased to say, although I did give the bike a good check over last week,

Chris.
Great new Chris. How many miles are on the old girl now? I only ask because the year before last I only put 39 miles on the SP. The Guy in the shop accused me of just riding it up to the garage, getting an MOT , riding it home again and not using it again until the next MOT :lol:
Managed a few more last summer though :D
Cheers Pete :thumbup:

Sorry to disappoint you Pete, but no impressive mileage to write home about I'm afraid :cry:

Nice you still have the two bike :thumbup:

Chris.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Looking cracking Fabio, is that adaptors for your Vape coming our of the tank??
Now just leave her alone and ride the bitch.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time