what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Swampy

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Swampy »

These lambda kits are pretty dear $270us each...guessing the sensors are beyond a multimeters capability?
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I bought mine for much less than that, proper Bosch sensors, too.
I can't recall where from now, but it's on the thread.
The display is just a bare circuit board, so you will have to make a waterproof housing.
They will fit into the upper surface of the side panel, but I made a little carbon panel to sit near the speedo.
If you want to go cheap, just use one display panel and a switch to select which one to read.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

tony.mon wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:52 pm I bought mine for much less than that, proper Bosch sensors, too.
The display is just a bare circuit board, so you will have to make a waterproof housing.
They will fit into the upper surface of the side panel, but I made a little carbon panel to sit near the speedo.
If you want to go cheap, just use one display panel and a switch to select which one to read.
Cheers dude, surfing your mod
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

Swampy wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:40 pm
tony.mon wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:52 pm I bought mine for much less than that, proper Bosch sensors, too.
Cheers dude, surfing your mod
Yeah mate, I'm sold on the constant display and flow control over mains...the ones I was looking at were boy racer dash style
AMCQ46

Re: what have you done to your

Post by AMCQ46 »

Put it in the van. :D

Had to drop the van off at the dealers so very convenient to have a second mode of transport in the back to get to work. ... but will need to make sure I wash all crap off it as there will still be salt on the roads and don't want that 1976 chrome to start rusting again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AMcQ
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Got the tank back on, now ready to roll it out and start it up.

Am I the only one who has real problems getting the connections on the fuel tap? PITA job.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:45 am Got the tank back on, now ready to roll it out and start it up.

Am I the only one who has real problems getting the connections on the fuel tap? PITA job.
No your not, it is a PITA...If we had three hands it would be easier, I doubt extra fingers would help much & I wouldn't know as I have the correct number on each hand...

I do use a wooden stick/tank prop to hold the front up tho that makes it a bit easier...

You could always get quick release joints for the pipes...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... acat=10063
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

MacV2 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:02 am
KermitLeFrog wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:45 am Got the tank back on, now ready to roll it out and start it up.

No your not, it is a PITA...If we had three hands it would be easier, I doubt extra fingers would help much & I wouldn't know as I have the correct number on each hand...

I do use a wooden stick/tank prop to hold the front up tho that makes it a bit easier...

QR for the fuel lines is a REALLY good idea. Ordered....
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
norry rc8

Post by norry rc8 »

managed to get out a run late Sunday afternoon. looking for a road I went on years ago (night shift cutting trees on railway) it is lick a big set of jumps. :eek2 :biggrin :thumbup:

not found it yet ,but had a good run (130 miles) looking for it.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

cleaned all the winter crap and oil off the pegaso, give it a service and its still running sweet.

the blue one i can do nothing with because im at the stage i hate, the bit that other people have to do for me like making up new graphics for the tank, which cant go on until the painter paints it :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ..

ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

norry rc8 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:56 pm managed to get out a run late Sunday afternoon. looking for a road I went on years ago (night shift cutting trees on railway) it is lick a big set of jumps. :eek2 :biggrin :thumbup:

are you sure it wasn't a field
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Set to on stripping the rear end off Big Bird to check the linkage...

Good news all moving freely & nothing seized... :thumbup:

Changed the small end of dog bone bearing as it was a bit crunchy... Other than that all good so cleaned up lashings of Kluba & put it mostly back together...

The carbs are seized solid so that needs sorting...

Bad news my feking withered arm is killing me now... :thumbdown:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
norry rc8

Post by norry rc8 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:42 pm
norry rc8 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:56 pm managed to get out a run late Sunday afternoon. looking for a road I went on years ago (night shift cutting trees on railway) it is lick a big set of jumps. :eek2 :biggrin :thumbup:

are you sure it wasn't a field
it had tar on it ?

I will keep looking :D
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:16 am
MacV2 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:02 am

QR for the fuel lines is a REALLY good idea. Ordered....
I agree that is a good idea :D

Is it 8mm release joints we need for our fuel lines as in Mac's link :?: And is it 10mm hose clips we need like these:- clips https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DOUBLE-WIRE- ... :rk:6:pf:0

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yes, 8mm will flow fuel faster than your bike will drink it.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.