what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by MacV2 »

Drained & removed the rust as fek tank off of Big Bird.

Removed petcock & fillter...Threw fillter in the bin.

Fitted petcock with new fillter & O ring onto ex Mons tank & swapped the fule cap over...

Then removed the sender unit from the rusty tank as Frank has a sale for one...

Frank sorted some other bits out for the sale package, bit of cleaning which I had to do as Frank is a bit usless with things like running water & sinks in general... :lol: :lol:

Re packed the MacCave... :crazy:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Nothing very interesting but gradually getting there as I get the odd spare hour. Fettled front F4i calipers, new HH pads and fresh fluid. The linkage is sweet so I might do the new (to me) exhaust next. I've already cleaned it up and pre-fitted the graphite gaskets and have new copper head gaskets to go in. At this rate it should be ready for Easter.

The rack (£50) and topbox (£50) is for sale.

Topbox has two keys.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Varastorm wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:25 am
sirch345 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:36 pm
Good to hear that battery box mentioned again :wink: :D
Once you make a start on it, it won't be as bad as you think :shh:

A Happy New year to you as well ta,

Chris.
Cheers Chris & thanks for all the encouragement over the last year :thumbup:

Today, well yesterday.. I've been faffing with air line fittings for the plasma cutter. Has anyone looked into it? Fekin Pandora's box if you aren't looking for standard pcl fittings.

Euro this'n US that bollox. I ordered a bag of 5 inline fittings 2 weeks ago from a Chinese seller £2.55..

They arrived a couple of days ago. No go, After the tip went in the shank was too tight :eek2

After placing my drill in the vice & clamping the fitting in it, I used a file to reduce the shank diameter from 11.7mm to 11.6'ish & used an inverted electric fingerfile belt to smooth things out.

I did it but a proper faf. :thumbup:
I'm not sure I gave you very much encouragement over the last year, but if I have you're more than welcome, you always inspire me with your work :D

I've have only had the pleasure of working with standard pcl fittings so not experienced your dilemma with a mix of Euro and US sizes, although I have had my fair share of imperial and metric problems in plumbing with copper pipe and fittings etc.
I'm sure reducing the shank diameter would have been a snipe for a man how can reshape carb needles :wink: :)
Well done,

Chris.
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

sirch345 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:55 pm
Varastorm wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:25 am
sirch345 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:36 pm
Good to hear that battery box mentioned again :wink: :D
Once you make a start on it, it won't be as bad as you think :shh:

A Happy New year to you as well ta,

Chris.
Cheers Chris & thanks for all the encouragement over the last year :thumbup:

Today, well yesterday.. I've been faffing with air line fittings for the plasma cutter. Has anyone looked into it? Fekin Pandora's box if you aren't looking for standard pcl fittings.

Euro this'n US that bollox. I ordered a bag of 5 inline fittings 2 weeks ago from a Chinese seller £2.55..

They arrived a couple of days ago. No go, After the tip went in the shank was too tight :eek2

After placing my drill in the vice & clamping the fitting in it, I used a file to reduce the shank diameter from 11.7mm to 11.6'ish & used an inverted electric fingerfile belt to smooth things out.

I did it but a proper faf. :thumbup:
I'm not sure I gave you very much encouragement over the last year, but if I have you're more than welcome, you always inspire me with your work :D

I've have only had the pleasure of working with standard pcl fittings so not experienced your dilemma with a mix of Euro and US sizes, although I have had my fair share of imperial and metric problems in plumbing with copper pipe and fittings etc.
I'm sure reducing the shank diameter would have been a snipe for a man how can reshape carb needles :wink: :)
Well done,

Chris.
I do feel that yourself, Fabio & many other members on here help & encourage me to get around & over all my difficult bike related issues. I suppose that's what these forums are all about :thumbup:

Yeah, those needles, what a faf they were. I forgot about them :lol:

Here's a picture of my bikes, all freshly washed'n polished ready for the year ahead.

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Varastorm wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:35 pm I do feel that yourself, Fabio & many other members on here help & encourage me to get around & over all my difficult bike related issues. I suppose that's what these forums are all about :thumbup:

Yeah, those needles, what a faf they were. I forgot about them :lol:

Here's a picture of my bikes, all freshly washed'n polished ready for the year ahead.

Wherever you get your inspiration from has to be good :D I like the time you needed a pipe bender. You didn't do what many would have done and just bought one, no you made your own, just brilliant :clap: :clap:
I really enjoyed reading how you did that and seeing all the photo's on it 8)

Your two bikes are looking really good :thumbup: a nice combination of the two,

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Actualy rode it !!!!

Not only that but two days in a row...

Got to have a lay down now... :lol: :lol:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i finished getting my swingarm back where it belongs :clap:

the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I'm always concerned when I see how close the rear downpipe is to the shock body.
I keep meaning to make up a shield to parent heat soaking into the shock when stationary, or perhaps some exhaust wrap.
Looking good, Rob
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

tony.mon wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:52 pm I'm always concerned when I see how close the rear downpipe is to the shock body.
I keep meaning to make up a shield to parent heat soaking into the shock when stationary, or perhaps some exhaust wrap.
Looking good, Rob
cheers tony. yeah the rear shock must get proper cooked on these things. i wonder would one of those shock sock type things help?
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Got one on the 2 and also ran one on my storm.
They scorch, proving the point, but don't burn.
Of course, the sock also reduces cooling....

I was thinking about trying a simple exhaust shield like the ones used to stop you burning your leg in high rise systems, they simply clamp on and should allow the heat to be dissipated but not towards the shock body as much.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

tony.mon wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:09 am Got one on the 2 and also ran one on my storm.
They scorch, proving the point, but don't burn.
Of course, the sock also reduces cooling....

I was thinking about trying a simple exhaust shield like the ones used to stop you burning your leg in high rise systems, they simply clamp on and should allow the heat to be dissipated but not towards the shock body as much.
good thinking tony. might look into one of them. :clap:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

well today i fitted a nice new rear gold Talon sprocket and put the back end together for its last time.. :clap: sorted
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

CCt's on Big Bird... Sorted... :thumbup:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Pulled the SP2 apart to fit some HRC copy stacks, found that they don't fit with a std airbox....
Talking to the seller to sort a refund.
Last edited by tony.mon on Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Had a wee trial fit of these bad boys today.. mucho thinking to do if i can be bothered going through with it or not.. :sad2