what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by sirch345 »

Podman, good to hear your opinion on the Triumph along with the other two :thumbup:

Chris.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Got the red storm through her MOT. Quite happy and she will probably be up for sale soon. My wife does not get why I want to keep her!
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

StormyRob wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:19 pm Got the red storm through her MOT. Quite happy and she will probably be up for sale soon. My wife does not get why I want to keep her!
Obviously because it's red :wink: :lol:

Good to get the mot, lets hope Rob (Fabio) has as much luck on Saturday with Blue :wink:

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:37 am mine is sat on the workbench with the bodywork off, exhausts off, clutch out, clutch slave & master in bits, rear shock out, front forks out ... so it looks very sorry for its self :(
New Clutch friction plates and HD springs ready to go in,
Service kit for clutch master and slave to fit
new braided clutch hose to fit
Nitron shock removed and Ohlins fitted, but coming back out to back off the preload setting
Front forks off for a service and re-spring [Aprilia have the same issue as Honda with to soft front spring!]

will be back up and running before the NI trip though
Any idea what Static Sag you could get with the soft fork springs :?:

Chris.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

sirch345 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:34 pm
StormyRob wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:19 pm Got the red storm through her MOT. Quite happy and she will probably be up for sale soon. My wife does not get why I want to keep her!

Good to get the mot, lets hope Rob (Fabio) has as much luck on Saturday with Blue :wink:

Chris.
I wish him the best of luck but the rules are a bit of a grey area it seems so can only hope the tester is reasonable
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

StormyRob wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:52 pm
sirch345 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:34 pm

Chris.
I wish him the best of luck but the rules are a bit of a grey area it seems so can only hope the tester is reasonable
If he gets a reasonable tester he should be okay,

Chris.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

After advice from Mac, ordered up a BMW S1000rr reg/rec, to be fitted on arrival. Also got bought a private plate for the bike by my daughter and son in law, for my birthday, all good :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Just spotted a gray man on a Blue Storm
Reg B1 TCH

Was it you?
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Pete.L wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:27 pm Just spotted a gay man on a Blue Storm
Reg B1 TCH

Was it you?
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I shall be rogering both of you regally the next time we meet. Gay, me, how very dare you! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
podman

Post by podman »

AMCQ46 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:13 pm thats a kicker for the Speed triple :( ... and like you, I think they are the best looking of all the super nakeds, but with less fun and less toys for your money it cant win
Was mate, im trying as much as possibly to buy British now or British manufactured but its not on the same footing as the other two...I wont be buying a BMW bike or car if they pull out of Oxford thats a fact..
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Kev L wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:02 am After advice from Mac, ordered up a BMW S1000rr reg/rec, to be fitted on arrival. Also got bought a private plate for the bike by my daughter and son in law, for my birthday, all good :thumbup:
That must be a Mosfet rectifier I'm guessing. Nice one Kev with your Daughter and Son-in-law's Birthday present :thumbup:

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

tore the gear linkage off the blue one.. infact iv only got one now :|

so tore the gear linkage of mine and put a motox CR125 gear lever on to run race shift and hopefully free up the gear change as the rearsets always made it a bit hard to shift properly into neutral. seems better now.

but tomorrow tells the tale, after taken advice from a few folk as dvla and the mot stations over here are useless im turning up tomorrow for mot with nothing but ,a horn and a number plate.. lets see how that goes. :eek2 :eek2 :eek2

it seems gone are the days you could turn up with the indis removed along with the switch and still pass having just front and rear lights :eek2 .

so iv my lights unplugged and covered up, il be amazed if it passes but lets see.the rules are a little grey to say the least
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Just finished swapping my previous Renthal Ultra Low bars for the carbon (wrapped) ABM bars I bought a while back. The ABMs are slightly taller and more swept back. I filled them with black silicone in the hope that it will reduce the vibration (not that the Renthals are bad in that regard). Will go for a ride a little later (rush hour here and a long weekend to boot).
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
popkat

Post by popkat »

fabiostar wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:40 pm tore the gear linkage off the blue one.. infact iv only got one now :|

so tore the gear linkage of mine and put a motox CR125 gear lever on to run race shift and hopefully free up the gear change as the rearsets always made it a bit hard to shift properly into neutral. seems better now.

but tomorrow tells the tale, after taken advice from a few folk as dvla and the mot stations over here are useless im turning up tomorrow for mot with nothing but ,a horn and a number plate.. lets see how that goes. :eek2 :eek2 :eek2

it seems gone are the days you could turn up with the indis removed along with the switch and still pass having just front and rear lights :eek2 .

so iv my lights unplugged and covered up, il be amazed if it passes but lets see.the rules are a little grey to say the least
Clear to me :wink: there used to be an advisory for no lights fitted but they removed it 2 or 3 years ago, now you'd either get a manual advisory or non at all. if they get funny ask them to check the inspection manual.. but as I said chat to the tester before he logs on just to make sure he's happy, he should be and if he's not he doesn't know his job.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s