what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
KermitLeFrog

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by KermitLeFrog »

The dashboard also has a load of historical information. Distance, time, average speed, maximum speed (eeek), fuel economy (they make that one up) and other things. But it's a weird bike. All this techno-trickery but no fuel gauge. Just an orange LOD. Tyres are also looking a little sad after 1200 miles.

They have quite a few race tracks entered in the app and you can also add your own. You can then set traction control and abs settings to different values for different parts of the track and it will change them automatically.

I'm actually just waiting for the thing to blow up. Keeping the Storm ready and waiting in the wings.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

dragged the blue girl out for a spin, i also had stormyrob at my door with a penske shock in his hand he found. mucho thanks for that find..

the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:48 am Not today but yesterday I went out with Deshevelled. Have cracked 1100 miles on the Ape and am gradually getting used to riding it. It was pretty horrid up on the grouse moor..

I was also testing out the "Multimedia Platform" which connects to your phone by Bluetooth. I'm not interested in the "Multimedia" stuff. I much prefer V4 music and I certainly don't want to answer my phone. The info on the dashboard and trip meter of the app is total rubbish

but... THE LOGGING WORKS! Send the text file by email and open it in Excel (or similar) and you can data sort to your hearts content. The files become quite large and chew through the phone battery but the information is fascinating.

Sort on max speed or max roll or lateral g or whatever you fancy and then punch the map co-ordinates into Google to see where you were. The map co-ordinates seem to be a few metres out but it's obvious you are on the road and not 20 metres into a sheep paddock alongside the road.

I've extracted a nice gentle (for obvious reasons) 40s part of yesterdays ride as an illustration of the data provided. I'm really quite impressed.

Take a look here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bak0vsp7cq1tx ... .xlsx?dl=0

I'm heading South towards Blanchland in County Durham. A lovely little spot.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...4!4d-2.0550425

Happy days.
Whats that blue in the back ground :lol:
A lovely day for getting out :thumbup:

Amazing how much info is there for you if you want it, and the amount of settings available.

The only problem is you going to have to behave yourself now :wink: :lol:

Chris.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Gave the Storm a thrashing today. No blue sky but still a nice day. Noticed the top triple clamp was not exactly straight and there was a creaking from the rear suspension which I haven't looked at for ages. Time for a little investigation..
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Fitted an aftermarket speedo Image

Trouble is it came with no decent wiring instructions I have indicators, high beam and neutral.
Can’t get Rev counter to work and oil indicator. Is there a decent storm diagram in colour as the one I have is not that clear.

Also if anyone has resolved this type of issue feel free to advise. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
popkat

Re: what have you done to your

Post by popkat »

Duffy1964 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:05 pm Fitted an aftermarket speedo Image

Trouble is it came with no decent wiring instructions I have indicators, high beam and neutral.
Can’t get Rev counter to work and oil indicator. Is there a decent storm diagram in colour as the one I have is not that clear.

It's possible the rev counter needs to pick up direct off a coil, it's likely the original input comes from the CDI an will not work with your clocks. surely you have some instruction about fitting it up ?
you might need someone with very good electrical system knowledge to help out.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

popkat wrote:
Duffy1964 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:05 pm Fitted an aftermarket speedo Image

It's possible the rev counter needs to pick up direct off a coil, it's likely the original input comes from the CDI an will not work with your clocks. surely you have some instruction about fitting it up ?
you might need someone with very good electrical system knowledge to help out.

Hi Malcolm I was looking at the old original speedo connectors and trying to match with a very similar speedo by another seller.

But mine had no instructions in the box so have emailed but don’t hold much luck on a reply.
I fitted stick coils and old clocks work fine but wanted a neater look for the fighter.

Electrics are not my strong point unfortunately Image

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Wiring diagram can be found at the following:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=24036#p309540

Yellow/Green wire from the converter unit goes to the rev. At least you wont need a speedo heeler. I'm guessing the speedo is a magnetic pickup from the wheel with that dash.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Thanks Carl. Speedo is a 3 wired pick up from the wheel like you say, but I am hoping I don’t need it and can pick up from existing loom as that has 3 wires too

Duffy1964
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

wrestled with the blue girl last night but it now wears a nice Penske shock. endless fun pickling my head with all the setting i now have :clap: :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
daz350

Post by daz350 »

Made these on the lathe had some spare stuff hanging around
Attachments
BAR ENDA 4.jpg
BAR ENDA 4.jpg (13.37 KiB) Viewed 1952 times
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

daz350 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:22 pm Made these on the lathe had some spare stuff hanging around
Good work :thumbup:

Chris.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Took the Yamaha FZ6 Fazer for its mot so I can go to Grainstorm Passed with flying colours

Duffy1964
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Today two great things happened. Saw an absolute bargain of a bike on Facebook last week. Fella had it sold within about 20 minutes of posting the ad. Had it shipped over from England and it arrived this morning at 0715

Then finally received some good from Japan!

Blade forks being rebuilt over the weekend hopefully and the fairings sent for a respray. Then I will have the blue one back together.

Happy fella todayImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
mik_str

Re: what have you done to your

Post by mik_str »

StormyRob wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:13 pm Today two great things happened. Saw an absolute bargain of a bike on Facebook last week. Fella had it sold within about 20 minutes of posting the ad. Had it shipped over from England and it arrived this morning at 0715

Then finally received some good from Japan!

Blade forks being rebuilt over the weekend hopefully and the fairings sent for a respray. Then I will have the blue one back together.

Happy fella todayImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Keep us posted on the results of that Spec-A (exhaust) exhaust.... please
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express