what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
fabiostar

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by fabiostar »

podman wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:23 pm
StormyRob wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:39 pm
fabiostar wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:13 pm done nothing but rode it today along with the other Rob.

Fantastic day. That bike of yours sounds like an evil chainsaw
Cracking shot gents...Game of Thrones road bychance?
yup thats the very place, its called the Dark Hedges. the home of the Dunlops..
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Done a little bit more on the bike today. Got the front end all back on.

And I done a little spraying. Still on the prep side of things and hopefully this is now ready for a final light rub down and I can then apply the 2k Basecoat and lacquer. The undertray will need a good rub down and anther coat first as that has a load of brush marks from the previous coat still. It's a slow painful process doing a respray and I have to rely on the weather. I have loads of cans of Acrylic now as more cans turned up today so I can get on with the front panels and tank too. Can't wait to break the 2k out. Once everything is peppered and ready I shall wait for a nice sunny day with no wind and do the lot in one go. Leave it a couple of weeks and then polish. Still waiting of decals to turn up. I want to lacquer them in.

==============================Enter the Darkside
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Very smart!

Where did you get the right angle tyre valves from?
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Looking well that front end Carl

Right angle valves are the way forward even if more expensive. Mine cost me 30 quid!
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

nice job carlos looking well.. what colour of yellow is that??
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Snail yellow :wave:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Where did you get the right angle tyre valves from?
I had that done when I got the new tyres. There's loads of them on eBay and not too expensive. Best to buy a couple ready for when you next get tyres fitted and get them to put them in, but most tyre fitters have them in stock.
what colour of yellow is that??
Sunny delight :lol: Give it any name you like...it's yellow. I have no idea what the exact name or code is as I bought the wheels of a forum member. I'm bored of Yellow now and want to go back to Black or better still Carbon Fibre :biggrin

Polishing those headers up will be the next big mission. I'm thinking of coating the insides with some of the following stuff:
Eastwood Hi-Temp Internal Exhaust Coating
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

VTRDark wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:37 pm Polishing those headers up will be the next big mission. I'm thinking of coating the insides with some of the following stuff:
Eastwood Hi-Temp Internal Exhaust Coating
the problem with coating the inside of the headers, is they have to be clean on the inside, and that's the tricky part :P
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Nothing a bit of Surfex and a jet wash wont sort out :wink: Also the header breaks down into smaller sections so I can get a bottle brush inside. I shall have to wait and see how things scrub up.
popkat

Post by popkat »

VTRDark wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:16 pm

Don't forget to put the pinch bolts back in :wink:

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

popkat wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:46 pm
VTRDark wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:16 pm

Don't forget to put the pinch bolts back in :wink:

Well spotted that man :thumbup:

Good work Carl, well done it's looking very good,

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

heehee yeh I know. I still need to give the front end a bounce to settle things and make sure all is straight and level. Can't do it right now as the bike is still on the Abba with no rear end. I also need to get some Stainless banjo's and bleed the brakes. Still lots to do. I'm so tempted to get new disks and get some Ti bolts for there too but can't justify that expense right now. Those disk bolts really stand out now. The callipers where really bad though and have been bugging me for a while. It's funny how something as small as rusty bolts can make something look so tatty. I done all the bobbins on the disks...what a pain in the butt job that is. I wish someone made a specific tool for that. I was thinking something cone shaped that could attach to a ratchet, fit in the hole, grip it and then it could be turned. Having to put a bolt in each one, tighten and loosen is so time consuming.
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Nothing so detailed etc. Part of the rehab after laying dormant was to get the MOT this morning, go for a blast and give a bit of tlc prior to heading to Lloydie and his assorted lubes this w/e. Back in love again :D

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

BigVeeGrin wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:12 pm Nothing so detailed etc. Part of the rehab after laying dormant was to get the MOT this morning, go for a blast and give a bit of tlc prior to heading to Lloydie and his assorted lubes this w/e. Back in love again :D

nice clean standard bike.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

VTRDark wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:34 pm heehee yeh I know. I still need to give the front end a bounce to settle things and make sure all is straight and level. Can't do it right now as the bike is still on the Abba with no rear end. I also need to get some Stainless banjo's and bleed the brakes. Still lots to do. I'm so tempted to get new disks and get some Ti bolts for there too but can't justify that expense right now. Those disk bolts really stand out now. The callipers where really bad though and have been bugging me for a while. It's funny how something as small as rusty bolts can make something look so tatty. I done all the bobbins on the disks...what a pain in the butt job that is. I wish someone made a specific tool for that. I was thinking something cone shaped that could attach to a ratchet, fit in the hole, grip it and then it could be turned. Having to put a bolt in each one, tighten and loosen is so time consuming.
dead easy .i found a we cone shaped grinder, i cut a small disc of inner tube and put it between the bobbin and the cutter.pop the shank of the cutter into the drill. buzz buzz a few seconds and its done