what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Shauned71

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Shauned71 »

For a change did some work on my own bike today... have hardly been on or even near my bikes this year and all iv'e done lately is work on other peoples bikes.
Swapped out the touring screen for a new tinted db I had because I prefer the look.... swapped out the microns for my black scorpions because the scorpions sound sooooo much nicer not to mention a hell of a lot louder. Added a 6mm shim.. more out of habit really. First storm I bought had a shim fitted and I liked the way the bike rode so I just move the shim from one bike to the next. Fitted longer side stand, swapped out the although new, awful renthal grips and last but not least... rode it for a few miles. Damn it's a nice bike.. the more I look/ride it the more I like it. I got a feeling it's gonna be hard to part with when the time comes.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I washed the car !!
redpig

Post by redpig »

There is an old saying which goes something likeadis. ..

'clean car sick mind'
ook
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

redpig wrote:There is an old saying which goes something likeadis. ..

'clean car sick mind'
8O I must have a sick mind too then, the car is looking all shinny though :shh: :lol:

Chris.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Sick I must of been ! Washing it at 4am !!!
NZSpokes

Post by NZSpokes »

After much contemplation I have decided to sell the VTR. I recently got a Zuki GSX1250FA which is far more comfortable for me with Sciatica.

Going to sell off the ohlins, braced swinger, springs etc and sell the bike stock.
darrenmartin

Post by darrenmartin »

Today i finaly got to scrub the new Metzeler M7's in. Once back, i removed then re-fitted the whole exhaust system ensuring no gas leakes at the joints. Then re-wrapped it with heat wrap. She looks :cool2
Like Riding Thunder and Lightning
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

checked it over as a 400 mile trip tomorrow. Cornwall and back to drop some keys off. what a bugger eh on a lovely hot day. :lol: good test to see if the new Gel seats a good un.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

bigtwinthing wrote:checked it over as a 400 mile trip tomorrow. Cornwall and back to drop some keys off. what a bugger eh on a lovely hot day. :lol: good test to see if the new Gel seats a good un.
Mind how you go Paul. There has been quite a few RTA's down near me recently caused by car drivers getting fed up being stuck in a traffic queue going nowhere, so are doing U turns. So watchout for this, the ones I've heard about have been on roads (A30) that have 3 lanes, the ones stuck in the queue are crossing double white lines to do a U turn. Some have been very serious,

Chris.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

sirch345 wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:checked it over as a 400 mile trip tomorrow. Cornwall and back to drop some keys off. what a bugger eh on a lovely hot day. :lol: good test to see if the new Gel seats a good un.
Mind how you go Paul. There has been quite a few RTA's down near me recently caused by car drivers getting fed up being stuck in a traffic queue going nowhere, so are doing U turns. So watchout for this, the ones I've heard about have been on roads (A30) that have 3 lanes, the ones stuck in the queue are crossing double white lines to do a U turn. Some have been very serious,

Chris.
Thanks matey. I get updates daily about RTA,s being a Fleet Manager etc. Its extremely worrying. I will be careful. we have recently had a women stopped in her car behind a truck, when the guy in a truck behind shunted her under the one in front. 1 adult and 3 kids killed. There Dad was in the car behind too. Bloody Tragic just but some tw@ not taking any notice of there surroundings. Ive just completed 29000 miles in 9 months and there are some absolute cocks on the road.
redpig

Post by redpig »

Oh yes there are complete nobheads aplenty,
keep your safety bubble boys, heads up, observe and anticipate.
ook
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Refitted the bumper after "badgers revenged" yesterday !!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

well 443 miles today, the Gel seats are amazing. 177 miles before filling up, at about 85mph where allowable etc. Bike was sweet.

I did lose it with a Guy fecking watching an I player whilst driving, he swerved out as i was filtering. I certainly threw a few fecks into him. I got off at a junction and he wouldn't open his boot. A bloke behind also was poised off with him as he had been wandering apparently. Obviously no Cops about. He also had 2 kids and his Mrs in the car.

I was amazed at the amount of people texting at the wheel, you could clearly see them looking down in there door mirrors.
Last edited by bigtwinthing on Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Ordered a rear tyre :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

bigtwinthing wrote:well 443 miles today, the Gel seats are amazing. 177 miles before filling up, at about 85mph where allowable etc. Bike was sweet.

I did lose it with a Guy fecking watching an I player whilst driving, he swerved out as i was filtering. I certainly threw a few fecks into him. I got off at a junction and he wouldn't open his foot. A bloke behind also was poised off with him as he had been wandering apparently. Obviously no Cops about. He also had 2 kids and his Mrs in the car.

I was amazed at the amount of people texting at the wheel, you could clearly see them looking down in there door mirrors.
I'm glad everything went okay, impressive mileage. Yes there are some ferking idiots out there,

Chris.