Roadside findings.

General Biker Banter
Jonesey

Roadside findings.

Post by Jonesey »

Beacause I live quite close to a Port, there is a LOT of hgv and haulage traffic that quite often lose bits and pieces on the A120.
So... what is the strangest/best/worst thing you've ever found or spotted on the road?
While we're at it, what's the strangest/best/worst thing you've found full stop?
I'll start- today I found, after narrowly avoiding it, a 30 ft length of heavy industrial chain, in really good nick, with a medium sized metal hook on the end.
It's now hanging in my workshop, I'm sure I'll find a use for it one day.
Your turn....
Unus Dies Gingiber Mos Hereditas Orbis terrarum.
Jonesey

Re: Roadside findings.

Post by Jonesey »

Just spoke to my bro in law on this subject, and he showed me the top of the range victorinox multi tool he found next a railway line last week.
Lucky git.
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

a few yrs back i was walking down the road when a car n trailer went passed, loaded with christmas tree's, a nice 6 footer fell off the back :think: , it went over my shoulder and back home with me! :thumbup: had a real tree every yr since then :D
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

A Oxford bike cover :thumbup: a little worse for wear but it's still handy to have.
SP1's rock!
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

once saw a handgun on the motorway, in the middle lane of the m62.
i pulled over and foned plod who interrogated me as though it was mine :eek2
it wasn't btw!!!

once in st.helens i was walking to the dole and a boddington's drey wagon tipped over, spilling crates of beer, pallets of cans and loads of kegs all over the road - there was nearly a riot lol :biggrin
i got what i could carry, which was a lot :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

i pulled over and foned plod who interrogated me as though it was mine
They do that, don't they. I remember reporting a break in when I was out jogging and they seemed to think it was some sort of elaborate double bluff. Told them to leave my house and that I'd never report anything again. They then apologised.

They don't do themseleves any favours sometimes, but we all need them and they do have some complete arseholes to deal with at times.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

tattie

Post by tattie »

A mate and I were coming back late from a trip up to Caithness last year and as we approached the junction at Latheronwheel he said what was that. We reversed back a bit, and low and behold it was a load of fish :clap: fresh off the back of a lorry :D one box lying there full of haddies and ice and the other with a few spilled out. Well I was out of the pick up before you could blink and scooping them up in a frenzy. We removed the spilt ones as they would have been a hazard :wink: and left a few in one box on the pavement.
It was about half four in the morning before I was done filletting them but it was worth it.

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

FirestormMike wrote:There's a dead badger on the road leading up to the village here. :thumbup:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Brilliant Mike :clap: :clap:

At different times I've found a workshop style oil can, a pair of pliers and an almost new Lufkin 5m tape measure.

Chris.
Jonesey

Post by Jonesey »

Thinking about this last night, couple of years ago i also found a panel beating hammer- the ones with copper one side of the head and leather on the other.
No use to me whatsoever, but you can't leave it there can you?
:thumbup:
motorboat

Post by motorboat »

I found a right hand NC30 fairing once :p shame it was mine after I had to go back in the car to recover it lol. I will never shabbily refit fairings again lol
Pop, pop, bang, bang!
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Timbo wrote:Were they shagging
Funnily enough... :)

Had to go on a Training Course a couple of weeks ago at Manchester Airport Holiday Inn for the week (what a joy that was... :problem:) and on my arrival nearby I took a wrong turn off a roundabout. This ended up being a dead end that lead into a woody area (no pun intended) that happened to have a car park up with 2 occupants in it, windows steamed, suspension rocking...

Suppose you can guess the rest :biggrin She didn't look overly impressed when I lit the whole surrounding area up with the full beams on my Xantia, turned round and gave them a pap on the horn :D :thumbup: Dirty feckers :lol:
SP1's rock!
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

O.K. LADS...BEAT THIS....My best mate found his first wife...in a traffic jam.
We where on the M6 north of Birmingham in a van "is that Romantic or what?"
It was a hot day, the motorway was at a standstill, he offered her a drink, and as they say the rest is history...fortunatly for him now so is she... :thumbup:
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

I liked her, but then again Iliked genghis khan.....
Zakalwe

Post by Zakalwe »

Timbo wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
This is a picture of a motorway.

Aint that actually a dual carriageway??? :D :D
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

I was thinking that Steve :think: