what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
User avatar
MacV2
Posts: 14387
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:07 pm
Location: Grain

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by MacV2 » Tue May 14, 2019 12:32 pm

Fiddled with Custard...

The clutch leaver developed a click when pulling it in... El Cheapo Aftermarket adjustable one...

So pulled it off, tightened the two little allen head bolts as they were both loose, gave it a good clean to get rid of all the crudy old grease...

Gave it a good lube & put it back on...the click is no more... :thumbup:

Did the brake lever as well...

Changed the mirrors back to std ones from the R6 items that were on it, they had been on The Jonesey waggon, I never really got on with them as I found the adjustment limited...
Lowering the tone since 2007...

tony.mon
Posts: 13553
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm
Location: Norf Kent

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by tony.mon » Tue May 14, 2019 12:38 pm

MacV2 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:51 am


Blonkey 3.jpg
You forgot "fat"
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.

User avatar
Duffy1964
Posts: 1913
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:15 pm
Location: Orpington Kent

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Duffy1964 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:50 pm

Got the Triumph Trophy running as been stood for 8 years.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter Project (Rufus), Black 2006 Fazer FZ6, Blue 2005 Sherco Trials 290 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project

User avatar
sirch345
Site Admin
Posts: 17970
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:35 pm
Location: Cornwall, UK

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by sirch345 » Wed May 15, 2019 6:36 pm

MacV2 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 12:32 pm
Fiddled with Custard...

The clutch leaver developed a click when pulling it in... El Cheapo Aftermarket adjustable one...

So pulled it off, tightened the two little allen head bolts as they were both loose, gave it a good clean to get rid of all the crudy old grease...

Gave it a good lube & put it back on...the click is no more... :thumbup:

Did the brake lever as well...

Changed the mirrors back to std ones from the R6 items that were on it, they had been on The Jonesey waggon, I never really got on with them as I found the adjustment limited...
You need to be careful Lloydie doesn't hear you using words like that Mac :wink: :lol:

Chris.
A closed mouth gathers no foot. :thumbup:

User avatar
Cadbury64
Posts: 399
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:22 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Cadbury64 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:12 pm

My poor VTR has been languishing in the Mancave for a few months with little riding, and it decided to reward me by developing a minor clutch fluid weep from the slave. Last night I (hopefully) rectified that with some new seals. The inside of the slave was only mildly grungy, but the bore and the piston were a bit scaly, so I cleaned that off and then got the Autosol out and buffed the parts back to shiny. Hopefully that will fix things for a few more years.

A couple of tips that I adopted to make the job easier:
Pulled the lever in and fixed it there, to stop more fluid gravity draining down the hose
Refilled the slave through the open banjo port before I refitted the hose
Both of these made for very easy bleeding back to a nice feeling clutch.
1997 VTR1000F, 2009 ST1300

User avatar
Commando77
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:35 pm
Location: Fleet, Hampshire

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Commando77 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:25 pm

Bought the JBA tool to access the carbs mixture screws. Deleting the PAIR valve made it possible. Turned out the adjustment was bang on, 1.5 turns either way made little difference to the idle quality. I was surprised how fine the adjustment is. Nothing to do but ride now😁

User avatar
fabiostar
Posts: 6044
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:53 pm
Location: sunny belfast

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by fabiostar » Thu May 16, 2019 9:06 pm

thanks to kermit i changed old yellow into touring storm with some givi stuff to go with the high bars and wee TT screen.... its no goldwing granted but pretty comfy.

Image


Image


Image



Image
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:

User avatar
Cadbury64
Posts: 399
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:22 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Cadbury64 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:15 am

fabiostar wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:06 pm
thanks to kermit i changed old yellow into touring storm with some givi stuff to go with the high bars and wee TT screen.... its no goldwing granted but pretty comfy.
As long as you like your touring in 100 mile spurts, that will be grand!

Firestorm: able to pass anything on the road except a petrol station...
1997 VTR1000F, 2009 ST1300

User avatar
fabiostar
Posts: 6044
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:53 pm
Location: sunny belfast

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by fabiostar » Fri May 17, 2019 6:59 am

Cadbury64 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 4:15 am
fabiostar wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:06 pm
thanks to kermit i changed old yellow into touring storm with some givi stuff to go with the high bars and wee TT screen.... its no goldwing granted but pretty comfy.
As long as you like your touring in 100 mile spurts, that will be grand!

Firestorm: able to pass anything on the road except a petrol station...
:clap: after a hundred miles im more than ready for a rest these days
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:

User avatar
Duffy1964
Posts: 1913
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:15 pm
Location: Orpington Kent

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Duffy1964 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:28 am

Cadbury64 wrote:[quote

Firestorm: able to pass anything on the road except a petrol station...
What a great comment ImageImageImage


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter Project (Rufus), Black 2006 Fazer FZ6, Blue 2005 Sherco Trials 290 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project

User avatar
Duffy1964
Posts: 1913
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:15 pm
Location: Orpington Kent

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Duffy1964 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:29 am

fabiostar wrote:thanks to kermit i changed old yellow into touring storm with some givi stuff to go with the high bars and wee TT screen.... its no goldwing granted but pretty comfy.

Image


Image


Image



Image
Great high speed touring steed Fab Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter Project (Rufus), Black 2006 Fazer FZ6, Blue 2005 Sherco Trials 290 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project

User avatar
Wicky
Posts: 7528
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:43 pm
Location: Colchester Essex
Contact:

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Wicky » Fri May 17, 2019 2:30 pm

Looking good - crack in the fairing on the mirror mount will need attention soon, and you dropped something...

Image
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

User avatar
fabiostar
Posts: 6044
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:53 pm
Location: sunny belfast

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by fabiostar » Fri May 17, 2019 3:48 pm

Wicky wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:30 pm
Looking good - crack in the fairing on the mirror mount will need attention soon, and you dropped something...

Image
lol you know what, i was missing a washer and had to find another one :clap: :clap: :clap: well done sir
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:

User avatar
MacV2
Posts: 14387
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:07 pm
Location: Grain

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by MacV2 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:59 pm

Will you never learn Fab's...

Wheres the bin's man !!!


:lol: :lol:
Lowering the tone since 2007...

User avatar
sirch345
Site Admin
Posts: 17970
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:35 pm
Location: Cornwall, UK

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by sirch345 » Fri May 17, 2019 7:38 pm

MacV2 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 4:59 pm
Will you never learn Fab's...

Wheres the bin's man !!!


:lol: :lol:
It's black and it's on the back of the bike :thumbup:

:lol: :lol:

Chris.
A closed mouth gathers no foot. :thumbup:

Post Reply