Dunlop D207RR's

Best deals in town
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Dunlop D207RR's

Post by firestorm_al »

The local tyre place has some excellent deals on these at the moment.

Are there any other FireStorm owners out there who have tried them??

Any other comments welcome. ( I'm currently running a BT010 front and BT020 Rear )

Al
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

I think Steve Hartup (vtrsteve) has tried them on many trackdays, rated them highly from what I can remember. Stick like the proverbial to a blanket. :wink2

I'm on BT56's at the moment which I don't seem to get along with, I just don't like the lack of feedback from them (although suspension setup will probably be playing a part in that too).
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

What are sticky tyres, Neil try leanin the bike over a bit, it helps. Those were my old BT56s mate I think, maybe i shagged em.

I use bakalite (bad spelling) tyres, ok if you don't mind highsides.

Del.
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

'Lean'.....what's all that about then? :wink2

The storm is doin little else other than sitting on the motorway in a straight line these days, haven't been out for a weekend ride in ages. All me mates either have kids now, are moving, or they live 200 miles away. :cry:

The nearest thing it gets to a blast is 12 miles each way to one of the local bike meets, which is usually crawling with police.
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
vtrsteve

Post by vtrsteve »

I've been running s/hand 207GP's for a while now and they are the mutts nuts. Wear is a bit hard to predict - anywhere between 300 and 2000 miles depending on use(abuse?) but they do wear consistently over the entire tread, only the last one squared off a bit after the TT but it was already dead before I went!
I think you need to avoid mixing GP's and RR's with std 207's tho' cos there is a difference in profile.... I ran a std rear with a GP* front and it wasn't nice to ride.

RR's will last a bit longer but still give loads of grip - not used them myself mind!

All down to cost really - I couldn't justify paying over £200 for a pair of new tyres but I'm more than happy to pay £60 a pair for ex-race tyres that I now use
Lucazade

Post by Lucazade »

I'm on my second set of D207RR and I'm very happy with them: stickier than the average road tyre (and therefore last less), very good in the wet and quick to warm up. Not as good as the GP version on a track, if only because they can overheat and start sliding.

The RRs are also more stable than the GPs because of a less triangular profile, in particular at the front.

The perfect tyre for the VTR-F, IMHO.
-- Luca.
----------------------
Second-hand bike parts:
http://www.aboutbikes.co.uk
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

I was out for a run on Monday night with a few mates ( 1 on 2001 Blade, 1 on 2002 R1 and the other, an ex racer on a 748SP ) and I managed to cook the surface of my rear BT020! I've only ever seen that kind of damage on my mates tyres after they have done track days.

They were all on D207RR's and I still managed to keep ahead of them ( hance the state of my rear tyre ). The dealer in Aberdeen is selling the 207's at £153 a pair fitted, which can't be bad!

Al.
Lucazade

Post by Lucazade »

£153 fitted is a very good deal. I don't think you can get them for anything less than £200/pair normally.
-- Luca.
----------------------
Second-hand bike parts:
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

I'm on the wrong list, is this the MotoGP list of tyre shaggers, rear wheel sliding, saving the front end after it washes out list, Dooh.

Del.
Lucazade

Post by Lucazade »

delmeekc wrote:I'm on the wrong list, is this the MotoGP list of tyre shaggers, rear wheel sliding, saving the front end after it washes out list, Dooh.
Yes, we're all a bunch of sad w*nkers. Come and join us.
-- Luca.
----------------------
Second-hand bike parts:
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

i've just had a 207 put on the rear of my vtr, only done about 400 miles on it so far, but seems to be perfectly fine...... i paid £113 for the rear (fitted), done at my local honda dealer....
timmy

Post by timmy »

delmeekc wrote:I'm on the wrong list, is this the MotoGP list of tyre shaggers, rear wheel sliding, saving the front end after it washes out list, Dooh.

Del.
wish i could have saved the front on sat :( SOB :(