Arai RX7 to good to be true??

Best deals in town
budd

Arai RX7 to good to be true??

Post by budd »

Currently available on ebay (where else!!)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARAI-RX-7X-N ... %7Ciid%3A1

Now I love a bargain but is this simply to good to be true??
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
agentpineapple

Re: Arai RX7 to good to be true??

Post by agentpineapple »

has to be a Chinese knock off copy at that price, has it got the uk/eu sticker on the back, illegal to use here if it hasn't got one.
you should also check out the Chinese copy cars. some are so close to the originals is crazy. bugger all copyright laws I suspect.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Arai used to make different shell shapes for the different markets around the globe, so the fit may well be different to the uk spec lids.
At that price I would imagine AP’s assessment would be correct, even though it’s the old model helmet.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Clue is in the listing
Postage: Free Standard Delivery | See details
International items may be subject to customs processing and additional charges.

Item location:
Shezen , China

Posts to:
Worldwide See exclusions

Country/Region of Manufacture: China
Last time I looked Arai were a Japanese company >

Even cheaper here at £85.06 with free shipping from China > https://uk.dhgate.com/product/arai-helm ... 69715.html

Would make a rather expensive plant pot....
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

These Chinese copied lids have to be one of the most dangerous things going in an accident. I have seen video's of them where they where put through tests and just the way the visor alone smashes is scary enough not to mention the strenghth of the shell. You would be safer buying a cheapo non named lid as long as it genuine and has all the BS stamps or even riding with no lid and I'm not jesting about the no lid. These things cause more harm than good and make a mockery out of having to wear one. Get a turban that would be better. :P
==============================Enter the Darkside
budd

Post by budd »

It was a rhetorical question they are very obviously fakes, poor looking ones at that, and their listing says they've sold 2800 of the bloody things you may as well be wearing a flat cap!! ebay won't do jack sh%t about it either but are happy to ban me for 7 days when I messaged someone my email address, Ebay's priorities are a joke a few years ago I found some fake Dainese back protectors and reported them both to Dainese and ebay and they remained on sale. Selling fake luxury items like watches/sunglasses/handbags etc is one thing but things that have a direct impact on personal safety is totally unacceptable and the items should be seized and destroyed and the sellers prosecuted with the same vigor that is applied those selling knock off Rolex's and the like.
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

They should never be allowed to get a away with it where danger is involved I agree :evil:

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

eBay are ultimatley to blame for allowing it. You couldn't walk into Motorcycle City or other high st stores and purchase a fake item. They would be in big trouble for that so why should online stores like eBay be allowed to get away with it. Customs and Excise can only do so much to stop fake / illegal goods coming into the country and they pick and choose. One would think they would do something about it as it would cut down the work load they have if eBay where stopped from allowing it to go on. Sadly the only thing that will change things is when people start dying because of it. Fake watches, clothes and everything should not be allowed either but fake motorcycle helmets is in a league of it's own. How many fake electrical items are out there too. So many things. They would rather stop real fur coming into the country because animal rights are kicking up a stink.

What I can see happening is that the blame will be passed onto the user. If we are stopped and are caught wearing one of these lids even though it was bought in good faith and possibly believing it to be real then we will get fined. It will become another revinue maker as it is to eBay allowing it. There's tax's being earned from it so maybe that's why it's allowed. Customs charges, banking fee's, buisness tax etc. Not that eBay pay much tax but it all add's up. More time is spent on catching drugs becuase there is no tax being made from products like that. Both items have the possibility of killing somone. One makes money in the criminal world where the goverment don't see any of the money directly and and the other feeds them snippets which all adds up to £££'s heading their way.
Cadbury64

Post by Cadbury64 »

Sure to be a fake; the side pods on Arais stay fixed and don't lift with the visor.

Have also seen fake Shoei GT-Air helmets on eBay recently.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/shoei-gt-air-h ... SwVzRatWPM
2017 MT-10SP, 2019 Vespa Primavera 150
budd

Post by budd »

VTRDark wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:28 pm eBay are ultimatley to blame for allowing it. You couldn't walk into Motorcycle City or other high st stores and purchase a fake item. They would be in big trouble for that so why should online stores like eBay be allowed to get away with it. Customs and Excise can only do so much to stop fake / illegal goods coming into the country and they pick and choose. One would think they would do something about it as it would cut down the work load they have if eBay where stopped from allowing it to go on. Sadly the only thing that will change things is when people start dying because of it. Fake watches, clothes and everything should not be allowed either but fake motorcycle helmets is in a league of it's own. How many fake electrical items are out there too. So many things. They would rather stop real fur coming into the country because animal rights are kicking up a stink.

What I can see happening is that the blame will be passed onto the user. If we are stopped and are caught wearing one of these lids even though it was bought in good faith and possibly believing it to be real then we will get fined. It will become another revinue maker as it is to eBay allowing it. There's tax's being earned from it so maybe that's why it's allowed. Customs charges, banking fee's, buisness tax etc. Not that eBay pay much tax but it all add's up. More time is spent on catching drugs becuase there is no tax being made from products like that. Both items have the possibility of killing somone. One makes money in the criminal world where the goverment don't see any of the money directly and and the other feeds them snippets which all adds up to £££'s heading their way.
I don't really understand why the government allow it, both the importation of obviously fake goods and the tax situation applied to ebay, Amazon and the like, it seems an easy win from a political point of view. It would potentially remove shoddy (dangerous goods) from circulation, generate increased tax revenue and maybe even give our beleaguered high street sellers a chance to compete on a fair playing field. I realise the sheer volume of products coming in from China and the East make removing the illicit items a massive job but I'm sure they could do a lot more, they could apply a 'sh%t goods ' tax :lol:, but fair taxation for the big corps should be easier to implement. How is it fair that Amazon boss Jeff Bezos is the richest man in the world while the British taxpayer subsidises the wages of his employees? surely he can afford to pay them a fair wage so no wages top up is necessary, it's no wander the high street is now either full of betting/charity shops or simply boarded up how can a small outfit compete with the likes of Amazon?
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yep, we'll know we're in trouble when the betting and charity shops close down.....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

tony.mon wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:23 pm Yep, we'll know we're in trouble when the betting and charity shops close down.....
don't forget the fried chicken shops...….. :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
budd

Post by budd »

I emailed Arai's UK distributor yesterday here's their response :

Thankyou for contacting us

Unfortunately fake helmets can be common, particularly online. As a helmet manufacturer Arai try to keep ontop of it, but as the UK distributor, we are limited as to what we can do, other than report our findings

The first link is an American shell (RX-7X) , though a UK seller, looks like a private address. And the second is an American seller

I will certainly email these over to Arai to look into

Kind Regards
Emma Broadhead
Customer Services Advisor

at least they responded and I imagine it's a thankless task trying to keep up with the various knockoffs doing the rounds, I guess it's buyer beware.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

So an American company in China :confused Yes I can imagine there's not much they can do about it. They simply don't have the powers. This kind of thing needs to come from the top i.e a goverment authorities with some legal backing. This is why there is customs and excise who have more powers than the police. It really doesn't make sense. They will happilly stop and question someone coming into an airport carrying over £10,000 but allow these kind of things to come in.

Anyway well done you. It's commendable to even be bothered to contact Arai about it. Most folk including myself wouldn't bother. If you really feel that passionate about this and want something done then the only thing that will make changes is like I said earlier lots of folk start dying as a consequence and / or there is a stink made about it and it gets media attention. In fact I think it has been on TV briefly in the past where they warned folk on Watchdog or the One Show and I think one of the motor programmes showed some examples of the tests done on them. But no way the amount of coverage something like the Cambridge Anaytica saga got but then that directly affecting voting. :Beer Popcorn:

Maybe one of those online petitions where there are so many votes Parliment are obligied to bring it up and discuss it. Letter to your local MP is another route or getting in touch with one of the big biking organisations. Bike mags write an article etc. Look at the action being taken against the real fur trade because animal rights have been activly protesting even though fake furs and microfibres contain loads of plastic which is bad for the enviroment :roll: Personally I would like to see human fur. I could make money from shaving then :lol: