Superb Service: Cameron Autotech, Cuminestown, Aberdeenshire

Best deals in town
TheGingerBeardMan

Superb Service: Cameron Autotech, Cuminestown, Aberdeenshire

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Best service in Aberdeenshire (AB53 Turriff area)

I can't praise this company enough.

Cameron Autotech
23 High Street
Cuminestown
Turriff
Aberdeenshire
AB53 5YD

Tel: 01888 545230

http://cameronautotech.co.uk/

How to find them: (Google map)
http://tinyurl.com/nk7wt4b
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I paid another visit today (Thursday 25th June 2015), to get new Bridgestone Battlax T30 Evo tyres fitted to my Storm, front wheel bearings fitted, and bought new brake pads.

Another excellent job well done. :clap: They're not the fastest in the world, but that's a good thing. Everything is done methodically, and done right first time.

Cameron Autotech is owned by Roy Cameron. They are a car and bike garage.

The guy I've dealt with, has been Dod Duncan. He's looked after me and my FireStorm for the past few years.

He's also a Firestorm owner and rider, and so is his wife! Yup, they both ride Firestorms!

I've known Dod since he ran "Important Bikes" in Turriff, way back in 1999-2000.

And it was in his bike shop, back in 2000, where I saw my first brand new, in the flesh, VTR1000F Firestorm for sale. The only down side....it was a yellow one.

I wanted it back then (despite the colour), but I failed the finance request. Dod, the owner, bought it. (And he still has it!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That all said, the service at Cameron Autotech (for those in Aberdeenshire) is second to none. Their tyres are all fresh with almost "off the press" manufacturer dates.

The MOTs are all done on state of the art technology, and the bike workshop is more than fully equipped. Workspace for the bikes is shared alongside cars, bike ramps to the left, and cars to the right.

They carry Fuchs Silkolene oils, EBC brakes, Scot-oiler oil, and have a good selection of parts (and a small amount of accessories) ready to go. When stuff isn't on the shelf, they can get it in 48 hours or less (depending on what it is, and suppliers availability).

The bike mechanics know what they're doing, despite some of them looking about 10 years old (but that's just me getting old).

They've got a good selection of up to date bike magazines to read whilst you wait in the small waiting/viewing area: (Classic Bike, Used Bike Guide, Superbike, Ride, MAGs "The Road")

There's also a free hot drink vending machine, where you can get yerself a coffee, tea, soup or hot chocolate. (supply yer own biscuits!)

I've recommended Cameron Autotech to some of me biking and trike buds in the past, and after they've been and seen the service for themselves, they've gone back!

:thumbup:
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
VTRDark

Re: Superb Service: Cameron Autotech, Cuminestown, Aberdeens

Post by VTRDark »

He's also a Firestorm owner and rider, and so is his wife! Yup, they both ride Firestorms!
I hope you gave them a nudge in the direction of the forum. :plainsmile

How nice to hear a positive review....very refreshing and a well written review it is too. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
TheGingerBeardMan

hope you gave them a nudge in the direction of the forum.
That I have, but the man is busy busy busy.

He owns the original yellow storm I was wanting to buy back in 2000. His wife has a red one.

They were not long back from holidays, touring, and it was late at night nearly home, when his wife trashed her storm. Proper mess it was.

I offered to search the internet for good plastics, and promised to let him know if any red stuff came up in good nick.

He asked me if I had time, to find a red left side panel. Now, THAT's the same side (and colour) that I am looking for, as mine got cracked and split when some drunks kicked it over in Nov 2014.

I DID find a panel for him, in bloody good nick.

And here it is: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-VTR1000 ... 7675.l2557

Now, I could have bought if for meself, and then said nothing. But, as he's a great guy, and his wifes storms sadly been off road since her accident, I told him about the panel, sent him the link, and he bought it from flea bay straight away.

I asked him about the panel when I went through to get me tyres n brakes etc yesterday (did it arrive ok etc), and he said there were more marks on it than advertised AND despite being red R157, it looks like it has an orange tint to it. Absolutely bizarre. He said he was gonna T-cut it to see if it will match up. He also said that he's not going to bother contacting the seller. Too much hassle.

I'm kinda gutted, as I thought I'd do the guy a favour.

Anyhoo - I did mention and recommend the forum. I've also said what a brilliant bunch of guys are on here (without trying to sound "overly enthusiastic about a bunch of men" if you catch me drift)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have heard a few bad things about the garage from various folk. But, you get that from anyone about any garage. Some folk will hate it, some will like it. Some will never have been due to hearing they're more expensive than other garages.

It's horses for courses, and I've never had cause to complain or not want to go back. They are the type of folk where you don't need to need anything done, or buy anything.

You can just pop by when on a run and say hi, read a magazine, grab a free coffee, get the craic, and head off again. It's all part of building up a good relationship if you need them big time. Not just turn up, get work and never go back till the next time.

They NEVER turn their noses up if you just buy a £1.20 bulb one week, then a month later you go back for a 30A fuse. The fact is you keep going back.

It's a modern kitted out garage, but run the "old fashioned way" by way of customer service. And it's in a rural area, so a lot of folk are farming people along with haulage contractors, and they are the last type of person to annoy or offend. One bad word spread by one farmer or HC, and the company would lose a massive proportion of business.

OK. Outa here. Again. WHY OH WHY can I not write a short post? I used to be able to. Is it a sign of getting old?

Am I In training for Points of View?

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

This one is quite short...

See it's easy to do a short post...

...& yes you are getting old... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
TheGingerBeardMan

El President extracted the urine...
:Show elbow: