Beware Of This E Bay Seller

Best deals in town
kenmoore

Re: Beware Of This E Bay Seller

Post by kenmoore »

Well,

Lots of messages and the last one is asking me to close my case with the E Bay resolution centre and then they will ship the parts.

I don't believe that they can supply!

I have advised them that I will close the case when they advise that they have shipped the mirrors and provide a tracking number.

E Bay policy advises sellers that this is the way to remedy a situation like mine.

If I close the case they are of the hook and that is not going to happen.

I have asked Carcamworld on several occasions if they can supply the mirrors and the question has not been addressed, that is why I won't close the case, and that is why I don't think that they can't supply.

Sooner or later I will get what I want.

I have done a lot of digging on Carcamworld and they have a lot of unhappy customers.

There is plenty on the net that is not complimentary in relation to their conduct.

The other thing that worries me is that the case I have opened against them is dragging on and I have not heard from E Bay, so I am wondering how effective their resolution centre is in dealing with suppliers that don't do the right thing.
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

I have always been pretty lucky with my ebay purchases but recently tried to buy a simple mini blade fuse holder from a crew called Led-essential. It never showed up,on the day promised so I gave it a few days before messaging them and they insisted it had been sent, but it never showed. So I messaged again and got same response, then they promised they would send it first class and still no show so I messaged again, and the day after it showed up - it was crap!!!!! The cap for the fuse would not seal so was useless so I demanded a refund which was made today - when I belatedly checked their feedback it was a common story!!!!!

Buyer beware
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Update on CARCAMWORLD! so should it be CARSHAMWORLD!

Lodged a complaint with E Bay.

Have asked CARCAMWORLD several times if they can supply.

As it is now overv3 months I think I know the answer. They CARCAMWORLD avoid the question at all costs.

I have told them in no uncertain terms that I want what I paid for.

They request that I close the E Bay case and that they will ship the parts.

I will not do that because I expect that as soon as I do they will offer a refund again.

These people are despicable and are not to be trusted.

I don't believe that they could ever supply in the first place.

The items are no longer on their sites.

Bloody shambles.

Do not deal with these rip offs under any circumstances.

Disappointed in E Bay as well. I have messages them and still awaiting reply!

This whole experience has turned me off dealing with E Bay.

In future I will only buy from overseas if absolutely necessary.

I suspect that CARCAMWORLD do this sort of business regularly by looking at their feedback.
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Update,

Message received tonight saying that they will send the mirrors.

I have posted my thoughts on this on the Ozfirestorm site!

The shifty little dodgers are running out of places to hide.

I still believe that they can't supply!

Time will tell, and I have plenty of that!

This is almost the best $50- I have spent.
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Update,

Had a phone conversation with EBAy resolution centre in the States.

They have asked Carcamworld if they can supply the mirrors I ordered and to reach out and help me.

As I pointed out to E Bay , I don't believe that they can supply and if that is the case the seller Carcamworld2012 is in breach of EBay policy.

I asked what will happen and it was indicated that if they can't supply that they would be penalised.

Does that help me? No not really as I wanted the mirrors that they sell, but it may help the next poor sucker that gets the runaround from the pack of mongrels called carcamworld2012.

I now have to wait a couple of days to see what response EBays request generates!

Lousy pack of f!!!!!g c!!!!s
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

As I pointed out to E Bay , I don't believe that they can supply
Does that help me? No not really as I wanted the mirrors that they sell
Now there's a contradiction in terms. :lol:

Well done for pursuing this at least it gives others a warning. There are far too many scammers and dodgy dealers on eBay these days and it about time eBay took things more seriously but they don't seem to care as long as they make money out of the scammers and dodgy dealers listings fees.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Update,

The lousy scumbags have sent me another message asking me to close the case!

Even after E Bay have contacted them and advised them to get me sorted.

Did a bit of snooping and Carcamworld2012 has several shop fronts on E Bay including domecamworld.

My advice to any one is to stear clear of any name with cam world in it.

These rotten pricks have got more moves than a Swiss watch.

At least they might have to shut down carcamworld2012 if I continue.

They are now at a point where they have to answer to EBay as well as me.

I intend to keep spreading the word just to piss them off the lousy pack of mongrels.

Game on!
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Update,

Carcamworld sent me a message saying that they have shipped the replacement parts.

I replied thanks and advised them that I would like to know when I will get the parts and that in light of the way that they have treated me that I will not close the case until I get the parts.

What a bloody farce!

I would advise anyone to steer clear of any seller on E Bay with camworld in their name as it appears that these guys have more than one shop on E Bay .

One example I have found is domecamworld, and guess what they sell the same mirrors except they are black.

All I can do now is wait and see if the right parts show up and that they are not broken.

Based on previous experience I don't like my chances, at least I have caused them some drama.

Remember anyone on E Bay with camworld in their name! Don't deal with them or you stand a good chance of being ripped off like I have been.
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Update,

Any name with Carcam in it!

Remember Carcam , bloody rip offs.
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Do they sell VTR parts? Are they a member here? Are you using this thread cos google will index it with your comments?
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Hi,

I don't know the answers to your questions.

The parts were ordered for a Suzuki!

I have noticed that when I google there name Carcamworld 2012 that it comes up on the USA and Oz sites but not the U.K site.

The whole point of the post is to make any other poor sucker aware of the problems that I and they could have if they use this company.

I am a prick when it comes to things like this.

I abhor the sort of attitude and treatment that E Bayers like this have.

If I save one person from what I have been through it is in my opinion worth it.

I hate people that do not do the right thing.

The whole situation is beyond a joke and I won't stand for it.

3 effing months, countless messages and still no joy.

If I ever get the parts I will post a pic of them fitted to the Storm.

The latest from carcamworld2012 is to check with my post office to see when the parts will arrive.

I still think that they are stalling and can't supply, what they now know is that I have a direct contact inside E Bay USA resolution centre that is watching what is happening.

I know that they can simply change their name and keep trading , however there is a macabre sense of satisfaction on my part to know that little old me is causing Carcamworld some grief.

Mo Fos picked the wrong bloke to dud! and I don't forget or give up easily.

Stay tuned for further developments in this ongoing saga.
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Are you using this thread cos google will index it with your comments?
That did make me laugh
I have noticed that when I google there name Carcamworld 2012 that it comes up on the USA and Oz sites but not the U.K site.
Give it time and when googlebot next trawls the site it will.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Just a quick update!

Still no parts, E Bay USA say they can, or don't want to help because of the time lapsed.

Have sent message upon message to carcamworld2012 , even called the nasty names like sh1t for brains etc and am still on E Bay.

They are thieves and E Bay condone their actions as evidenced by their lack of action.

Thieving pack of cee You Next Tuesdays.

Stay away from Carcamworld and E Bay if you value your money!

It seems to me that E Bay just want your money and they allow this sort of thing to happen.

They have gotten so big that a percentage of pissed of customers is acceptable .

E Bay has lost me forever.

Their loss , my gain as I will contact all E Bay sellers personally before I part with any more $ .

Most sellers reply and parts that I want are received.

Eff E Bay, they are ineffectual money grubbing twats.

I feel better now.

If I find something on E Bay that I want I just contact the seller direct and work it from there now!
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

kenmoore wrote:It seems to me that E Bay just want your money, and they allow this sort of thing to happen...
I agree! Ebay do just want money. They don't care about the little man. For every person that has a gripe or complaint, there are 2 million more that are happy, so it doesn't bother them. Sad but true. Yes, they do help certain cases, but I hear more bad results than good. :(
kenmoore wrote:They have gotten so big, that a percentage of pissed of customers is acceptable...
Again, yes, they find it acceptable. It's like collateral damage. They know that a small minority will have a problem. Compared to the vast amount that don't, ebay take the pissed off ones very lightly. Mainly cos the same reasons as my 1st reply - for every one person complaining or raising an issue, there are millions more "happy" (or just not bothering) customers.
kenmoore wrote:If I find something on E Bay that I want, I'll just contact the seller direct and work it from there now!
I don't "do" ebay, and never will. I've read their terms and conditions, and after they bill you, paypal bills you, then more added charges. Unless selling an item for a huge price, the average man doesn't make any money using ebay.

Having a set of brake and clutch levers (for example) sitting there for a start bid of 4.99 will never see anyone bid. There are millions more the same to battle with. And if you put "buy it now" for 10 bucks the set, by the time the sellers fees come off, and the paypal charges, yer left with almost nothing.

I work ebay the same as you plan to do. I DO use it to look for bits and pieces. If I see something I REALLY want, then I'll look at the bottom for a traders address or phone number / email address. I'll then contact outwith ebay, explaining I'm not a "member of ebay", and can I buy direct? Stuff ebay rules. To me, a sale is a sale. Most big companies or traders will happily sell to "non members", and just mark the item as "no longer available".

Small public/private sellers rarely have personal contact details, and if they do, they are sometimes "frightened" to go against ebay rules, for fear of getting banned or reprimanded. This is ebays threat, as the seller is getting a sale, and ebay have lost out in profit and commission. Many sellers of bikes and cars put their mobile phone number in the descrition. to help sell outwith ebay. Heck, can you imagine the sellers fees and all, once selling yer bike? It must be hundreds they take? I dunno.

As a point of interest on this subject, last night I found something VTR related on ebay. I wanted it, and sent the trader an email. He got back to me saying he'd happily send me an invoice so I can pay by visa card or postal order. All outwith ebay. :thumbup:

At the end of the day, ebay is a handy place to source bits if you're desperately needing stuff. But I just use it as a price comparison site. I can easily find what I'm looking for, get an idea of price and availability, and then look on other trader sites to compare and price match (M&P, Demon Tweeks, Wemoto, David Silver Spares etc).

Trust me Kenmoore, it'll be hard (at first) sticking to your guns and not giving ebay your custom. So many people rely on it for buying and selling stuff. But in time, there are the old reliable ways of getting stuff you want. OK, it's a few dollars or pounds more, but you're then dealing with a local (ish) company and not some fly-by-night cowboys who are 10s of thousands of miles away with a middle man involved.

Best of luck with everything. Image
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Well, the trader on ebay sent me the invoice and was able to buy via Visa card. I clicked on the ebay page again where the item was, and it says "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."

:lol:

So, that keeps ebay happy, doesn't get the seller in trouble for ending the sale early, and I'm happy as I have a very rare item for the VTR. I just hope it arrives in good nick and the posties don't crush it in the process of stuffing things tight in mailbags...then throwing from one end of the warehouse to the other...after playing football with the bag.

Jobs a good un.
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017