Re: My Hermes don't use them

Post by AMCQ46 »

so are you going to have to use bin bags and bungie straps
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

AMCQ46 wrote:so are you going to have to use bin bags and bungie straps
lmao oh im going if i have to go naked lol.. they just turned up in some blokes car who was filling in for a driver? anyhow they have arrived better late than never i suppose...time to pack
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Stu9

Post by Stu9 »

Dpd for me
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Hope I don't jinx myself here... have sold quite a few items lately and have mostly used myHermes with just a couple occasions turning to Yodel to have larger parcels picked up... so far haven't had any negative feedback regarding post.

And seeing as i'm currently getting very annoyed with DPD right now I thought I'd mention them... what a useless bunch or morons!!! Bought £1400 worth of pc parts last week... paid for next day delivery. Bought early Thursday, items were picked up by DPD Thurs afternoon too so all set for Friday del. Have constantly followed their parcel tracker... pick up ok... items taken to their Manchester branch where they then go on to Birmingham and sorting before coming out to my local branch. Items got to Manchester Thurs afternoon.. By Friday morning the tracker is showing a delay and after phoning them they said they didn't know where the items were not to mention one time telling me that items had not been picked up from supplier at all.

So ok... something has gone a bit crazy in Manchester (going by their twitter feed a lot of folk effected that day) and del will be a bit late... no problem, I can live with that.
Spoke to customer service on the Friday evening... that said they couldn't guarantee what time my bits would get into Cardiff... So, just in case.. I booked a pick up slot for Saturday around 12.30pm. My tracker tells me at around 3 am Sat morn that my parcels have left B'ham and are on route... Approx 6.30am tracker states that items are in Cardiff. happy days :-) Just in case... I'll ring customer services to make sure all is in order because I have to sort out a lift off a mate to pick parcels up... me no car and boxes to big for bike. Everything in order... pick your parcels up.

Get to local depot.. wait 20 - 30 mins while some moron has a go at the reception guy because he didn't have his parcel... although he did admit that he was drunk the night before and was hungover the next day which in turn meant he missed his delivery... He was even more pee'd off when told that he couldn't simply turn up and collect but had to phone customer services to arrange a pick up slot for the following day... long story short.. he bogs off outside to moan at someone on his phone and it's my turn. Give reception dude details and then joke with him how I was collecting a pile of pc stuff (the moron guy was trying to collect pc bits too) and i'm sure that the other guy will be even more upset when I walk off my parcels... anyways.. 15 mins later when reception dude returns... sorry mate, can't get your parcels WTF :Rant: Parcels came off lorry early morning but for some reason, even though marked for pick up they went into one of their storage containers along with I don't know how many other 1000's more parcels and because they apparently only had 3 staff on the depot floor even though the place is twice the size of large Asda.. there was no way they were going to get through all the parcels just to find mine. Crap!!!

There is a Sunday del... so.. book it on the basis I get lucky and they empty the right container that night and come across my stuff... and then failing that it's a Tuesday del (today) Went back home, phoned customer services to express my disappointment and double check the bookings... all in order, all I have to do is follow my tracker online. Sunday comes and goes and no delivery.. ah well, wasn't holding my breathe considering they are short staffed. Sunday evening my tracker changes and shows a Tues del.. was same all Monday too... great. 3am ish Tues morn, tracker changes to parcel arrived at depot.. that means my parcel has come out of the container and has been scanned.. looking good.. Next message turns up at 7am telling me my parcel is being held at the depot... hmmmmmm then another message shortly after saying there was a delay... stuff it, back on to customer services to find out what's going on.. they tell me parcel is there and it's waiting collection.... Another WTF :Rant: I can't collect, it's booked for delivery I tell them... I also point out that if I hadn't of phoned in i would of been waiting all day for parcel that wouldn't of left the depot at all. Nice lady takes my number and says she will ring my depot and get back to me asap... fair play she does just that.. 20 mins later she rings me back and tells me my items will be delivered today although she couldn't give a time at that point and simple said it would be late afternoon.. fine, I will keep one eye on the tracker etc...

So... at 6.30 tonight.. I'm yet again back on the phone where's my bloody parcel? I will ring your local depot and get back to you.. 10 mins on hold and I am then told... it's at the depot waiting for collection Doh!!! Explain their screw ups and was told I would receive special treatment for lack of better wording and will have my delivery between 8.30am - 12pm tomorrow.. and ofc at no extra charge.. cheeky beggers! have now spent over 90 mins on the phone over the past few days because of how busy they are and the time it takes to even get through. To be fair... can't say DPD in general are crap but it certainly seems my branch is run by a bunch of monkeys. Maybe i will be lucky tomorrow :think:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Deep breath & relax...You feel better now for getting that all out Shauned... :lol:

I really hope you get you bits tomorrow Dude...Please keep us posted...or delivered...or collected...whatever...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Shauned71 wrote:...heaps...
I hereby declare I no longer have the title of longest poster. I didn't quit...I was usurped!

Shauned71 has kindly taken up the position. It pays nothing mind you, and the flak you get from the minions is hellish. :lol:
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:
Shauned71 wrote:...heaps...
I hereby declare I no longer have the title of longest poster. I didn't quit...I was usurped!

Shauned71 has kindly taken up the position. It pays nothing mind you, and the flak you get from the minions is hellish. :lol:
I have my moments :P This was probably down to pent up aggression towards DPD :lol:

MacV2 wrote:Deep breath & relax...You feel better now for getting that all out Shauned... :lol:

I really hope you get you bits tomorrow Dude...Please keep us posted...or delivered...or collected...whatever...
I hope so Mac... It's not the parcels being late that bothers me... it's being told they are coming and then hanging around waiting for nothing... or taking the trouble to arrange a lift to pick up and not being able to.
Must also say I am a little concerned as to the items well being what with the constant off the lorry on the lorry, in to containers and back out again plus a good few trips up and down their conveyor belts while being sorted... I'm probably just being paranoid but it's not unknown for parcels to get handled a bit rough at times... can imagine it happening in a warehouse like that after a bit of boredom sets in, not exactly a riveting place to work.
Stu9

Post by Stu9 »

I'm mixed...first I used them was crap, second time was fine, but think I'd stick to dpd ect