RCJ Chrome plating, Hoddesdon, Herts

Best deals in town
Kev L

RCJ Chrome plating, Hoddesdon, Herts

Post by Kev L »

I know it's unlikely that any of you guys will need the services of a chrome platers but I thought I would put this on here as a warning to stay well clear of this firm.
I took a headlamp bowl, rim, fork ears, indicator stalks and rear brake cable for the Suzuki GT250M (75) I am rebuilding, to RCJ for a refurb on the 27/09/13 and was given a lead time of 10-12 weeks. Not being in any great hurry that was no problem so I handed them over to the office lad and asked if someone could give me a call to discuss whether the connector on the cable could be chromed and give me an idea of cost. I was assured they would call that evening. Two weeks later I called them a little pissed off having heard nothing from them, and was placated by the manager saying the part was ok for chrome and they should be able to complete within 5-6 weeks, hmmm alarm bells should have rung, but I'm still not in that much of a hurry.
Today I called them for a progress report, 17 weeks after delivering and 15 weeks since I last spoke to them, to be told "you'll have to give us another couple of weeks, we haven't finished them yet". "How much have you done to them?", pause "Ahh we haven't touched them yet". I told them to gather them together and I would be around to get them.
Half hour later get round to their works and enter into a thorough and frank conversation with the office staff, who then went to get the manager who stood in front of me and ummed and ahhhd as to why they treat customers in this manner and the relative merits of actually communicating with the customer. The tw@ then says we can do them in a couple of weeks if I leave them with him. I told him I would rather flush my cash down the toilet than give any of it to them. I then noticed that in the box of bit's which belonged to me was a freshly plated bracket which obviously belonged to another customer and had been placed with the wrong order. Piss ups in breweries springs to mind.
Anyway long rant over AVOID RCJ PLATING, Hoddeson, Herts complete tossers.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Watty

Re: RCJ Chrome plating, Hoddesdon, Herts

Post by Watty »

At top quality business 8O , absolute w#nkers mate. Cheers for that :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Sounds like a right bunch of cowboys. So are you looking for another chroming firm then. You can get the whole bike done at the following.

http://www.chromespray.co.uk/

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Watty has given me the details of a recomended company who will also do the exhausts for me. So should be sorted soon, hopefully.
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

I will steer clear of them then Kev, did you get all your bits back ok fella?
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Yes mate, ta. To be honest it could all have been avoided had they shown some consideration to customer satisfaction. A phone call at any point with an explanation and revised timescale would have resolved it. There you go, lesson learnt.
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Damn Kev, that's poor :thumbdown:

The importance of communication is lost on some people.

Glad you've got a recommendation now though and they do exhausts which is becoming rare. :thumbup:
Jamie :wave:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

What a waste of time and emotion with those idiots.

Surprised about the new guys doing used 2 stroke exhausts, as I was told the carbon fecks up the solution in the plating baths and they have to replace it all afterwards so most will only do new pipes.

If you do get te pipes done, I might get them to do the pipes on my little 125.... Tell us how you get on and what the cost is :thumbup:
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I will let you know mate. The good news is they are local to you and have quoted me £125 a side for the 250 exhausts.