ltd edition brand new vtr1000 for sale!

Best deals in town
chric

Re: ltd edition brand new vtr1000 for sale!

Post by chric »

you may want to find rubber seals for them cans other wise they will be scratched to fu*k.
And after all that time would the cct's need doing?
And would the warrenTy still be in place?
And I may popin one day just to have a gander are you still across from british continetal.long eaton worth going just for chippy :D
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
pidcock dave

Post by pidcock dave »

lanny wrote:I may be wrong here but im sure i have seen something about new old stock having to have age related plates or something like this ? :?:
I recall buying a new old model RRX Blade from Padgetts in 05 but it had to be registered as 03, not sure if it had something to do with emmissions :confused
This is interesting and thanks for raising it. I will do some research and give dvla a ring to find out about this when i get a free afternoon.
pidcock dave

Post by pidcock dave »

chric wrote:
you may want to find rubber seals for them cans other wise they will be scratched to fu*k.
And after all that time would the cct's need doing?
And would the warrenTy still be in place?
And I may popin one day just to have a gander are you still across from british continetal.long eaton worth going just for chippy :D
Id say the cam chain tensioner would be fine as its only the same as the part being in a box in warehouse. As for the warranty i am going to speak to our Honda used guarantee provider. If it would not come with Honda warranty then we would pay for a 2 year one so it would be the same cover as a new bike. You should pop over for a coffee and some fish and chips! Yes we are in long Eaton.
pidcock dave

Post by pidcock dave »

macdee wrote:i don't see the problem with this thread and don't see it as spam
I actually like to here about the fact that theres a new firestorm out there :shh:
Hi! thanks for the support. Also i will do some digging and find out about the fork upgrades and jet kit but my boss assures me it has those parts.
pidcock dave

Post by pidcock dave »

popkat wrote:
macdee wrote:i don't see the problem with this thread and don't see it as spam
I actually like to here about the fact that theres a new firestorm out there :shh:

+1 on that, I really don't see why some are getting hot and bothered by it, or making inappropriate comments*, it just allienates the forum and makes it come across as clique (spelling?). (*sorted now though i see :thumbup: )

I don't feel this bike is that special, it was a model made up by Honda uk, and has essentially some nice-ish (at the time) bolt on parts, It was released at a time when Honda were struggling to shift firestorms so partly it was done to shift 50 units, any connection with russell savory has long gone and his involment was only brief (as opposed to the likes of v&m or Harris for example). would be interesting to know what sort of warranty it'll have and who with ?, lets say i bought it and the shock seals/fork seals etc leaked, is my local honda dealer going to fix it or do i have to return it to you ?, I think it's maybe like buying a 11 year old second hand bike with no miles and a new plate, are the tyres going to be changed ?. An imaculate low mileage (sub 5000mile) 05 Storm would fetch maybe £3750 tops at a main dealer and much less private. With some good upgrades it might command a little more?(or less !), this particular bike in my opinion should sell for £5000-5500, I know that seems low but can't see anyone putting hands in pockets for any more.. I guess some collector could come along and pay more for it, but they''ll be waiting a very very long time for it to be a classic.

Other anniversary models don't really hold any special value, they might on a good day get a little more but thats all, eg, the vfr800/blackbird/cbr600 versions

It's not that easy to sell on older-new bikes, Padgetts still advertise new GSXR1000k3/4 models they've had them for sale for a couple of years and no takers, Nobody wants them, they get nearly new newer models for tha same money. Hope you see where I'm coming from mr Pidcock
Hi, Thanks for the post. Will be checking on the warranty side of things as im not quite sure wether it will be honda used guarantee or manufacturers warranty. Good question on the tyres though. We will be changing both tyres and doing full fluid change (oil, coolant and brake fluid).
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

A mint early Blade, maybe a zero-miles SP1, maybe they're collectable, but no-one's daft enough to put a Storm on a plinth over their mantelpiece.
Try the VJMC.

For less than that money you should be able to build a new one from new old stock parts, surely?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.