Riding kit

Best deals in town
Kev L

Riding kit

Post by Kev L »

Anyone looking for replacement riding kit? If you are try Essex Bikers Centre in Braintree, Essex. The bloke who runs it is Steve Crosdale on 07773125354, http://www.essexbikerscentre.com
They sell on E Bay, and their website links to the E Bay sales. They have an extensive range of new and part exchanged kit. They will take quality brands in part exchange against their stock.
I was specific in wanting a black one piece leather suit and they had plenty for me to try on in size 48-50 UK. It seems, like helmets, you fit one make or another. Dainese have short legs/high crotch so didn't fit me (shame really as he had a really nice set of Dainese/Puma's for £400). Arlen Ness are the same as Dainese whilst AlpineStar, RST and IXON fitted very well with IXON being the best fit. I paid £380 for a brand new set of IXON Pulsar Air which he had listed for £500 and are listed elsewhere for £650.
The guy is highly knowledgeable about who manufactures whose leathers for whom and knows which leathers suit your shape. He sells crash helmets, gloves, back protectors, one piece & two piece leather as well as textiles amongst other stuff for the motorcyclist.
I am not associated with the company just really impressed with the service and knowledge offered.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
seb421

Re: Riding kit

Post by seb421 »

Kev L wrote:Anyone looking for replacement riding kit? If you are try Essex Bikers Centre in Braintree, Essex. The bloke who runs it is Steve Crosdale on 07773125354, http://www.essexbikerscentre.com
They sell on E Bay, and their website links to the E Bay sales. They have an extensive range of new and part exchanged kit. They will take quality brands in part exchange against their stock.
I was specific in wanting a black one piece leather suit and they had plenty for me to try on in size 48-50 UK. It seems, like helmets, you fit one make or another. Dainese have short legs/high crotch so didn't fit me (shame really as he had a really nice set of Dainese/Puma's for £400). Arlen Ness are the same as Dainese whilst AlpineStar, RST and IXON fitted very well with IXON being the best fit. I paid £380 for a brand new set of IXON Pulsar Air which he had listed for £500 and are listed elsewhere for £650.
The guy is highly knowledgeable about who manufactures whose leathers for whom and knows which leathers suit your shape. He sells crash helmets, gloves, back protectors, one piece & two piece leather as well as textiles amongst other stuff for the motorcyclist.
I am not associated with the company just really impressed with the service and knowledge offered.
how weird is that they have a link to and Andelle leathers just up the road from me in Horwich
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

will look into that m8.... ive sort of outgrown my hg 2 piece & its old so it's time for new.
happy with my boots, gloves, lids etc but need a proper decent set of leathers, and would like a top that can accomodate a decent back protector & breastplate after what happened to Krewy (RIP)
unfortunately they cost a lot of £ and im skint atm.
but that's ok cos i got an offer of £13,145.28 yesterday for my pot hole binnage :thumbup:
happy days!
i dont need anything else tbh & am not shopping for another bike cos tbh i dont need one, but i'll have a fabbri screen for the sp1, new tyres all round, new chain & sprocks, and means i dont have to scrimp on the firestorm rebuild & will be able to afford some proper dyno time to get the fuelling how i want it lol. at last! :beer:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

benny hedges wrote:will look into that m8.... ive sort of outgrown my hg 2 piece & its old so it's time for new.
happy with my boots, gloves, lids etc but need a proper decent set of leathers, and would like a top that can accomodate a decent back protector & breastplate after what happened to Krewy (RIP)
unfortunately they cost a lot of £ and im skint atm.
but that's ok cos i got an offer of £13,145.28 yesterday for my pot hole binnage :thumbup:
happy days!
i dont need anything else tbh & am not shopping for another bike cos tbh i dont need one, but i'll have a fabbri screen for the sp1, new tyres all round, new chain & sprocks, and means i dont have to scrimp on the firestorm rebuild & will be able to afford some proper dyno time to get the fuelling how i want it lol. at last! :beer:
sweet as mate!
point me in the direction of the biggest hole please, id have a leg and butt like yours for that money!

i remember reading about the lad when i joined NWB mate, what / how did it happen
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

seb421 wrote: i remember reading about the lad when i joined NWB mate, what / how did it happen
one rider hit the armco on a bend and came off, then got hit by a second rider who managed to stay on, krewy was 3rd round the bend, braked too hard & lost his bike and slid off but chested the armco post and tore an artery in his heart & just went to sleep, despite frantic efforts to save him.
very sad.
i wont mention what happened after that cos a few are still seething about it tbh :thumbdown:

i had never even considered wearing a chest protector til this happened but makes you think eh.
he couldve come off anywhere else and survived with just a few scrapes & i'm sure a breastplate wouldve saved his life, maybe a few bashed ribs.

same with back protectors.... theyre not so much a back protector as a neck protector.
if you land on the back of your neck it will break & youre either dead or fkt up... a good back protector will not only soften the blow but will make you take a roll rather than just snapping.
when i did my back, the damage was caused by impact, sort of a concertina effect as my spine compressed with the force of the impact.
a back protector wont prevent that happening.
the only way to be 100% safe really is to never fall off but its not like you go out on the bike thinking er, i best wear all my gear today cos i think i might bin :roll:

just heard today that a friend's lad came off his bike this afternoon wearing trainers and has snapped his ankle badly.
with a decent pair of boots that wouldve been a sprain / bruise. :thumbdown:

pretty shitty way to learn a lesson tbh.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Forcefield back protectors are good chaps, had one for a few years but thankfully not tested it in a significant off.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

I'm glad to hear so many sensible people in here.

We'll soon be into the silly season of T-shirt clad heroes in shorts and trainers zooming about on their sports bike with no gloves. Just the sight of them makes me shudder. Maybe I should show them the marks on my gloves and leathers from my off. I was only going 40-50mph, and apart from the contact with the ground once the flying portion of the accident had passed, there was no hard impact, I was able to slide nicely to a halt with nothing more than a fractured wrist (forward break-fall landing) and a bruised butt. Their "look at my tan" skin won't stand up as well as a good slice of cow that's for sure, and they seem to think nothing of riding 2 or 3 times as fast as my accident.
boz

Post by boz »

tankslappa wrote:I'm glad to hear so many sensible people in here.

We'll soon be into the silly season of T-shirt clad heroes in shorts and trainers zooming about on their sports bike with no gloves. Just the sight of them makes me shudder. Maybe I should show them the marks on my gloves and leathers from my off. I was only going 40-50mph, and apart from the contact with the ground once the flying portion of the accident had passed, there was no hard impact, I was able to slide nicely to a halt with nothing more than a fractured wrist (forward break-fall landing) and a bruised butt. Their "look at my tan" skin won't stand up as well as a good slice of cow that's for sure, and they seem to think nothing of riding 2 or 3 times as fast as my accident.
Firstly that's terrible about that lad.
I am totally with Tankslappa on his.
I was in a local car park when some young lads on their 125's and scooters pulled in to check my bike out...one is a friend of my son, nice lads but full of misplaced bravado. They all had trainers on, fleece type tops and 2 with no gloves. Only 1 lad on an Aprilla was kitted out.
Anyway, I gently pointed out how slippy it was today and said to them to be careful. One lad said it did not hurt coming off a 125!!! I rolled up my trouser leg showing them the consequences of 5 fractures, a lost knee cap and more bolts than the Humber Bridge. Job done for most of them and I felt good about spreading the joy. I've been a biker for 32 years and seen my share of good people lose it all. I feel a responsibility to show the right way to youngsters wanting to progress, like we all did. The [protective] gear nowadays is fantastic, so it makes sense to take the best care as you can, even though people are still going to be killed.
CBR900rr Fireblade