Stratstone Triumph at Leicester

Best deals in town
Snoogle

Stratstone Triumph at Leicester

Post by Snoogle »

I apologise now for the essay lol

I went with a mate today to look at a 2010 Speed Triple SE.

The shop had it up for £7211. It's done 2.5k ish and was an unmolested example. Only thing we found wrong with it was a stone chip to the paint on the front mud guard.
My mate missed out on a very similar one at Webb's Lincoln by about half an hour a couple of weeks ago. The one at Lincoln had done very similar mileage, but had more extras...belly pan, exhausts, tail tidy, crash bobbins and an alarm. This sold for around 6500.

When we asked if there was any movement in price the salesman point blank refused to budge because he said his manager prices the bikes daily and that is the best price they could do today...even after telling the chap he'd be paying in cash - half now, half in a week when he came to pick it up. I asked is it worth asking the manager anyway (we had just driven nearly 70 miles to look at the bike and weren't gonna walk away without asking) the guy said you can, buy its pointless.
We walked back into the showroom to see the manager, where we asked the question...
He just looked at us, said no, and proceeded to check Bike Trader for all Triumph Speed Triple SE nationally...turns out there are 4 for sale on there in the country (not a great deal of choice I admit, and when you don't have many to choose from, I admit, its probably going to be difficult to reduce the price a great deal, but still).
Our mate pointed out to him that there is a private one in Hull. It's got more extras and has done more miles, however, if he reduced the price of the one in the shop then he would buy it off them instead. Manager still says no then starts banging on about how you can't compare a private sale with a trade sale and that how good his bikes were and the warranty is worth the extra money. I asked if there was something wrong with the bike he's selling if my mate needs the warrenty compared with the private one, and reminded him the private one would come with the balance of the Triumph warrenty anyway. That caught him off guard but he still was really not interested.

My mate asks one final time, because he still wants to buy the bike as it is what he wants (even though the manager is a complete and utter prick and generally being extremely unhelpful and completely obnoxious) is that the lowest price he'd sell the bike for? Manager - Yes, I'm not willing to move on price. In fact if you were to buy it, theres a used bikes sales surcharge!!

WTF?! A used bike surcharge...in all my time of dealing with sales of anything, this must be the first and only time a salesman would not only point blank refuse to budge on the price by a single pound, but instead raise the price by nearly 100 quid as well lol

In the end we both walked out fairly shocked and a bit gobsmacked as to what had just happened.

Providing the bike in Hull is still there my mate will no doubt end up buying it at a cheaper price, with more goodies on to start off with and be extremely happy that he's bought the bike he wanted at a price he's happy to pay.

Has anybody else had anything to do with them? Is it just us that expected too much as far as a bit of a barter was concerned? Or did the guy go out of his way just not to sell it? Surely its better for them to knock a couple of quid off their already inflated dealership price to at least make the buyer feel like they've got a good deal even if they havent, rather than have it sat in the shop/on the forecourt? Only thing I can think of is they paid too much for it when it was traded in and they don't wanna lose too much money on it going out again??

Whichever way...their loss lol
A head full of fears has no room for dreams
agentpineapple

Re: Stratstone Triumph at Leicester

Post by agentpineapple »

sounds like a juggler to me
i remember paying 8 grand for a new vfr800 from johns of romford, they had a special deal on which mean't it was a thousand quid cheaper than any other dealer. the sales staff wouldn't even let me have a test ride, and i was spending 8 large, i couldn't believe it 8O .
the only thing you have to remember is, to be prepaired to walk away and hopefully the dealer will chase you. if not theres always another bike around the corner.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
vtrsteve

Post by vtrsteve »

Interesting to know as I'm thinking of going there to look at a 995i tiger at the weekend....
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

Good luck! it might just have been us...they might not have liked the cut of my jib, but I swear to the mughty Elvis himself they won't sell wombles all if they treat all the customers that way.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

I'm supprised, all the Triumph dealers I have been to have been great.

You wouldnt mind if he turned around and said, sorry lads, we just cant do it for any less, of course we want to sell the bike, but we cant go down on the price, and not act like a jerk off..

That kind of attitude sucks, might be worth sending an email off to Triumph, they will care but wont help you get the price dropped.
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

Even if he'd just said the bike owes them too much and he just can't do anythin then we'd have understood...just his attitude absolutely stunk :thumbdown:

At the end of the day he sh1t out, not my mate...I said all along the one from Hull was the one he should go for lol
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

was there any explanation for the 'used bike surcharge'? Sounds like he was just being a total egotistic juggler and wanted to wind you up
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

All used bikes they sell have this charge applied apparently? Probably just tryin to wind me up...only thing it did was make me wonder how they sold any bikes at all lol
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

Well I've met 2 of the members of the team on that page lol