demontweeksdirect (eBay)

Best deals in town
VTRDark

demontweeksdirect (eBay)

Post by VTRDark »

I have just had some bad service from demontweeksdirect on eBay.

I ordered some R&G Bar end weights from them. Before ordering I wanted to check whether they came with the bolt's or not.
Do these bar end come with the hex bolts for attachment? If not would it be possible for you to supply two bolts?

Many Thanks
the response I got was:
Good Afternoon,

The R&G sliders will come with all the appropriate fittings to attach the item to the application listed.
So I thought cool, I shall go and order them.
When they turned up there was no bolt's at all. :( So time to email them:
My bar ends just turned up, but to my disappointment there is no allen key bolts for attachment. On the 22nd of April I specifically asked "Do these bar end come with the hex bolts for attachment? If not would it be possible for you to supply two bolts?" The reply I got on the 22 April was "The R&G sliders will come with all the appropriate fittings to attach the item to the application listed." That is misleading me into a sale, I feel like I have been conned into purchasing these! I have no way of attaching these to the bike without purchasing bolts at extra cost to myself as my bike does not have the original bar end weights! If I new these would not have come with the bolts I would not have purchased them as they are pricy enough as it is. Would it be possible for you to send me a couple of hex bolts that would fit please?
Many Thanks
The response I got was:
Good Afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear that the item didnt come with the bolts. I've now been told only certain bar end sliders for certain applications will come with the bolts but usually they are installed using the standard bolt/screw.

With your bike not having the bar ends at all you will need to get the bolt and other parts from Honda.

Alternatively you can return the sliders to us? We will refund your return carriage for the inconvenience also. We could maybe swap the item for a Bike It item as they tend to come complete with new parts as they are different to OE.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.
Not very helpful at all. I was hoping out of good will and for misleading me in the first place they may offer to send a couple of bolts out. I'm sure a firm like them stock loose nuts and bolts etc.

I decided to keep them instead of going through the hassle of sending them back and order some bolts from David Silver at £1.45 each. What a pain though :!:

OK rant over. Just be careful if ordering from them and be sure of exactly what you are getting.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

demontweeksdirect (eBay)

Post by lloydie »

There response seems good and fair to me an offer of refund and the postage to boot . :) lol
VTRDark

Re: demontweeksdirect (eBay)

Post by VTRDark »

Yeh I suspose, Just felt a bit mislead. Anways I have told them I shall keep the bar end's as sending back is no good to me as these are the style I want. But it might be a good idea if they can mention it to thier R&G Rep or to R&G directly. Considering the price of them R&G really should supply a couple of bolt's with them like other aftermarket bar end's.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Re: demontweeksdirect (eBay)

Post by agentpineapple »

there response was the bare minimum they had to do to cover themselves, unfortunately thats all you seem to get these days, i doubt it would have been any different if you had purchased something that was worth hundreds of pounds. sometimes dealing with smaller companies is the way to go, anyway i've got the hump with demon tweeks, i have to scroll thru all there listings on ebay, it takes up valuable seconds in my life :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!