ESSENTIAL RUBBER

Best deals in town
Darknomad

ESSENTIAL RUBBER

Post by Darknomad »

these guys are great .reasonably priced and very helpful
they have also owned vtr's themselves in the past and have some knowledge on them personally
ive had my rear bearings and head bearings replaced plus rear brake pads
they also do brake lines forks etc mot's also
basically everything but engine it seems.
only charge 20 quid a fork for seals replacement and re oiling as i got the parts myself they do source seals also i found out after
if it wasnt for wemoto ballsing up the size for the goose's forks seals i would be riding her now instead she is sitting in there garage till there supplier drops of some fork seals for me so hope to collect her around tues weds no cost for storage of my bike either thats real nice of em i think
anywho if ure london based or close to the north side of the blackwall tunnel as there now based less than a quarter of a mile from there on the a12 heading to said tunnel drop in get your essentials done :D
east london/essex [leyton ]
MacV2

Re: ESSENTIAL RUBBER

Post by MacV2 »

Took your recommendation & popped in there today.

Went for a pair of Dunlop Sport Smarts Which were fitted with great care to me newly powder coated wheels whilst I waited. :thumbup:

£220 fitted to loose wheels with an extra £10 knocked off as I said they had been recommended on this here fine web site. :thumbup: :thumbup:

No free coffee but yes good service & very friendly.

Deff recommend these guys for anyone in the area.

Mac.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

MacV2 wrote:Took your recommendation & popped in there today.

Went for a pair of Dunlop Sport Smarts Which were fitted with great care to me newly powder coated wheels whilst I waited. :thumbup:

£220 fitted to loose wheels with an extra £10 knocked off as I said they had been recommended on this here fine web site. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Mac.

you could have popped in and had a look at the undertray while you were there............lol
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bigspanishmarty wrote:
MacV2 wrote:Took your recommendation & popped in there today.

Mac.

you could have popped in and had a look at the undertray while you were there............lol
I may take the piss sometimes with my time keeping at work but i think that would have been pushing things a little bit too far on that day!
Having said that after I left Sunny E1 today I only had one more job to do & that was done & dusted in under 20 mins so I spent the rest of the day wasting time till rolling up at the office 10 mins before leaving!

Council workers Eh!
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

"Having said that after I left Sunny E1 today I only had one more job to do & that was done & dusted in under 20 mins so I spent the rest of the day wasting time till rolling up at the office 10 mins before leaving!"

sounds like some of my days at work , prior to the sneaky swines fitting a tracker to my van..

anyone else on here suffering in a similar way......
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Bumped for Carl....
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Nice one Mac I shall keep them in mind. :thumbup:

http://www.essentialrubbertyres.co.uk

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Just got two Michelin Pilot Road 3's from these guys cost me £237 cash which I thought was very good indeed including fitting, balancing and new valves. They did quote me £260 over the phone in the week, I don't know if the guy made a mistake with the price or if it's because I mentioned the forum. I wasn't going to argue :lol: Nice friendly chaps and reasonably quick service for a busy Saturday morning. Would I use them again, yes. Defo at that price. :biggrin

breakerm

Post by breakerm »

ive been using them for years even when they was in dalston

they will help with the simple or trouble things nothing is 2 much hassle for them

very good blokes and money talks.....
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I recently had an issue with them, I phoned up and ordered a pair of dunlops, £250 fitted, no problem go ahead and order them, they said 3 days, 5 days later and i'd not heard from them, so I rang them again and was told they'd ring me back, but they never did, 4 days later I cancelled the order and went elsewhere.
shame because I know several people the swear by them and I've been to there garage with friends on many occasions and they seem to be spot on. maybe I just caught them on a few bad days... :thumbdown:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Furrybiker

Post by Furrybiker »

I go there from West London, it is almost worth the journey for the craic alone.
Found them to be good on price but not great at ringing you back.
They also seem to suffer because they are at the end of their wholesalers run so can miss out on deliveries if the driver is running late.
Last time I was in there they thought that the lease might not get renewed, so could be on the move again in a while. :roll:

Ah yes almost forgot, they are "bike friendly" on their MOTs, and will fix stuff while you wait to save you coming back.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Big news folks

Closing down Party/BarBQ at essential rubber on the 5th September for anyone that is interested. I have yet to get a time but I guess it will start early afternoon and go on into the evening. Yes you heard that right.....closing down. I have just come from there and this is straight from the horses (Mick) mouth himself. His lease is running out and the complete bit of land is being developed on with some posh flats or something. Party on the 5th and then on the 6th it is literally all being demolished, so Micks like "I don't give a sh1t we can do what we like as it's being knocked down the next day" :lol: It could be fun, lots of bikes, lots of banter, and lots of food to go along with a few burnouts etc I would imagine.

Unfortunately Essential rubber will no longer be in business as Mick can't find premises. He's been searching for 8 months. If he ran a cycle shop....no problem, there's government help. But as far as motorcyclists go it's the same old, same old...were bottom of the pack and Mick cant afford the London prices. I think Mick has now given in and accepted it's time to move on to greener pastures elsewhere, possibly even nothing to do with motorcycles. :thumbdown: A bit sad really but he's in good spirit and basically accepts there is sweet f all he can do about it, so no point kicking up a stink and move on.

So folks party and barbie at essential rubber on the 5 Sept, anyone interested in a meet up.

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Hmmm thats a shame. I do know that Mick lives down near Canterbury...or Margate...any way North Kent somewhere so maybe he will start up again down there...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Funny you should say that he did mention something about banjos at the party. 20 grand a year he was paying for that place and looking for a new place to set up at London prices for the equivalent premises now are coming in at around 70 grand :eek2 :eek2 So maybe if he can find somewhere elsewhere outside London he may well set up there. :Shrug:

I forgot to mention. We bumped into another firestormer, nice young chap, while we where there on his RED Storm. He's a member here already (cant remember the username) but more of a sleeping member. I cant remember his name either but he;s from Woolwich so maybe you know him Mac. :lol:

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Nope.