Leathers repair/refurbishment

Best deals in town
Kev L

Leathers repair/refurbishment

Post by Kev L »

You all probably have your own people to sort out problems with leathers, boots and gloves, but if anyone is struggling to find a reputable company Byson Leathers in Barkway, Herts are really good.
They sorted out a pair of Sidi Vertabrae for me, stitching on new velcro for about £25 if I remember correctly.
They can handle most jobs, with re-sizing (after all the Xmas pud!) being one of their specialties.
They are a husband and wife team working from home but do their best to fulfill deadlines when required. My boots were done in under a week.
Check them out at http://www.bysonleather.co.uk/
Hope this is of use to some of you.
Kev :beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
tony.mon

Re: Leathers repair/refurbishment

Post by tony.mon »

Here's one right near junction 3 on the M25 for us lot darn sarf:

Wested leathers:
http://www.wested.com/bikers-world-14-c.asp

They'll repair and alter, but not while you wait unless by arrangement, but they're seriously cheap- have a look!
I couldn't say that their listed stuff is particularly hard-wearing, but they'll use thicker leather, add armour and match colours etc if you ask.

And their workshop's always got a bargain bucket of stuff going for pennies!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Joyda are the best in my locale....
http://www.joydaleathers.com/
years of experience track & road - they will hand make complete sets or alter & repair your old ones... boots & gloves too.
check out the gallery / price list & see the quality of the work they do - highly recommended
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I picked up my pair of MW leather trousers from Byson leathers on Monday last week. Brilliant repair job. I loaned them to my brother for a couple of years and they came back with a busted calf zip. They were also a little tight round the calves (all the running training I guess) so Byson replaced the rear leather panel with a stretch panel and replaced both zips. They also repaired my Forcefield back protector as the elastic straps had lost all elasticity.
£80 for the leathers and £20 for the back protector. Very highly recommended. :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Watty

Post by Watty »

Kev L wrote:I picked up my pair of MW leather trousers from Byson leathers on Monday last week. Brilliant repair job. I loaned them to my brother for a couple of years and they came back with a busted calf zip. They were also a little tight round the calves (all the running training I guess) so Byson replaced the rear leather panel with a stretch panel and replaced both zips. They also repaired my Forcefield back protector as the elastic straps had lost all elasticity.
£80 for the leathers and £20 for the back protector. Very highly recommended. :thumbup:
Excellent service Kev! Joyda as Benny said are highly recommended, but local to me I can't recommend highly enough AM leathers. Sorted me a zip stitching repair for free :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!