Bennetts Rip off !

Best deals in town
Rider on a Storm

Re: Bennetts Rip off !

Post by Rider on a Storm »

benny hedges wrote:with ebike for just under 3 yrs and my no claims is back up to 4 years with the accelerated ncb scheme. :biggrin
nice to have a choice, here were held to ransome by the few that will insure us,
Tray
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

post office! been with em for 3yrs now, underwriters are devitts, sp1 full comp, protected nc, garaged, £104 :biggrin
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

like all insurance deals you only find out how good they are if you need to make a claim. the cheapo premium is ok but its the claims service which counts..
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
seantopbloke

Post by seantopbloke »

Against my advice my Dad went with Bennetts as they offered the best price for his insurance & paid his premium up front, low & behold he is having to chase them up for his documents, all he can get from them is "ever so sorry sir, we have sent them/perhaps there is a problem with the mail/have you ever had problems like this before/you should have received them by now, we will chase it up for you ASAP ", he is still waiting after 4 phone calls ? :Argue 1:

I rest my case ! :clap:
Its the sound of thunder at the back end that makes me smile at the front end !
BIGANDYREDVTR

Post by BIGANDYREDVTR »

Was with bennets when i wrote off my 2 year old Blackbird (caused by a taxi turning and blocking the road in front of me, i ended up avoiding him and hitting a parked car!) ended up having to claim off myself as a total loss! the legal cover I paid extra for agreed with the taxi driver saying that I just lost control and hit a parked car! My premium was £1,100 a year comp 8O 8O 8O 8O ! and they paid out £4,500 on a bike worth about £6,500! wouldnt pay for leathers, crash helmet or panniers! and were rude and an absolute nightmare to deal with!! Their advice believe it or not was that next time I should throw my crash helmet through the taxi drivers windscreen, so the police would need to be called and then i would have someone to back up my story!!!!! I replied that i was sorry for being busy lying bleeding on the ground at the time and if god forbid that there was to be a next time I would probably not take their advice!!!!!

been with swintons ever since and they have been brilliant ! :D :D :D
seantopbloke

Post by seantopbloke »

BIGANDYREDVTR wrote:Was with bennets when i wrote off my 2 year old Blackbird (caused by a taxi turning and blocking the road in front of me, i ended up avoiding him and hitting a parked car!) ended up having to claim off myself as a total loss! the legal cover I paid extra for agreed with the taxi driver saying that I just lost control and hit a parked car! My premium was £1,100 a year comp 8O 8O 8O 8O ! and they paid out £4,500 on a bike worth about £6,500! wouldnt pay for leathers, crash helmet or panniers! and were rude and an absolute nightmare to deal with!! Their advice believe it or not was that next time I should throw my crash helmet through the taxi drivers windscreen, so the police would need to be called and then i would have someone to back up my story!!!!! I replied that i was sorry for being busy lying bleeding on the ground at the time and if god forbid that there was to be a next time I would probably not take their advice!!!!!

been with swintons ever since and they have been brilliant ! :D :D :D

And i bet there are more stories like yours all over the country, i originally went with them when i was 17 & they treated like i was inferior, i gave them the benefit of the doubt after 20 years & they were still the same !
I took 2 experiences but i have learnt my lesson !
:Banned:
Its the sound of thunder at the back end that makes me smile at the front end !
chaz

Post by chaz »

I would keep away from E bike or any of its other branches Evan or Ecar, my eldest wanted to change his policy mid term, they said he could call them or do it on line, he called them to change when I got the phone bill it was over £40 , ill stick with Carole Nash, multi bike policy now just taken out another classic modified policy with them freephone on there 30 mins sorted with no major problems to put on 2 chops
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

i think ebike have made some major changes to their way of doing business in the last 6mth or so... or more recent.
after using them for years with no issues whatsoever i have just sacked them in favour of chaucer direct, simply because of their idiotic timewasting and completely arsy attitude.
i wont use them again.
they are also now probably the most expensive insurer on any comparison whereas they used to be the lowest with the best benefits.
most definately crossed off my crimmy card list. :Ball Kick:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
SneakyF

Post by SneakyF »

I used these idiots, and when I checked my policy sometime later. I know I should have really looked when i 1st got the documents but fraid to say I just filed them.
Whyen it came to getting new tax some 5 months later I noticed that the registration was out by a letter instead of a N its a M. I called them and they wanted a 60 payment ontop as admin charge.
I told them that it was their mistake as the email I sent with original details I had kept.
They were adamant I had to pay the charge. I told em I wasnt paying and lo and behold it got cancelled
If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be.
Only a Biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

I found Bennets ok, but what puzzled me was when I moved to a lower risk area, and acquired a garage instead of having the bikes parked on the drive I had no drop on the policy just got given more restrictions on where I have to story my bike when its at my house.
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

Im with bennets :( :cry: what have I done :lol:it took 2 weeks to get a cover note to tax the bike :x :roll:
Loud pipes save lives!
gwynmorris

Post by gwynmorris »

had a problem with swinton bikes. i cancelled my policy over the phone but they didn't cancel the policy!

my policy was £127 for thy year for a thunderace and they tried to charge £100 cancellation fee!!!! :redface rip off merchants they were threatening
me with legal action but i held out!

don't you think its funny how they record most calls, but never the calls that cost us money!!!!
jezman

Post by jezman »

use bennettes at your peril!!!! what a bunch of nobs. just dont ever get knocked off if your with them!! a woman pulled out on me knocked me off had witnesses and everything not my fault but bennetts treat me like a nazi war criminal!!! and took my no claims off me on renewal till it got sorted and with the solicitors (must be a bunch of inbred ball scratching monkeys) they were using god knows how long that could have been and they said no reimbursment when sorted!! :confused ....and relax breath deeper was 2yrs ago and not bitter at all!!!! :) just off to find my happy place :lol:
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Vtrkidda wrote:Im with bennets :( :cry: what have I done :lol:it took 2 weeks to get a cover note to tax the bike :x :roll:
I just had this, I insured the Storm and waited 7 days for the cert, they said it gets sent out bussiness mail :roll:
Rob

Post by Rob »

jezman wrote:............. and took my no claims off me on renewal till it got sorted and with the solicitors ...........
That's normal with any insurance company.

Always been with Bennets - though never made a claim.

Reading this thread I'll do a bit of research when my insurance is due next spring, no point having a cheap policy if it's pants :eek2
'02 VTR1000-FY Yellow.
'12 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE Tenni.