New Guy

Test your messages here, beginners welcome..
Puff998

New Guy

Post by Puff998 »

:D Hi All,New to the group.Just making sure this thing works.I am from Ottawa ,Canada and ride a 98 VTR

Puff
thumper

Post by thumper »

welcome to you puff :lol: i guess its a wee bit far for you to come to the next meet , but please dont worry we will put lots of nice pictures up of firestorms in their natural enviroment ie. twisty country roads ( we know a song about that ....... all together now ) 8)
just because your breathing doesn't mean your alive
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Puff :!: :)

Chris.
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Welcome Puff

Hope you enjoy the Storm :lol:
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
Puff998

New Guy

Post by Puff998 »

Hey All,
Thanks for the warm welcome.It's starting to get cold here in Canada Eh!.Maybe 60-65 more days of riding left before the cold and snow starts.I have a 98 Vtr with 43,000 Km's.It has a double bubble screen,Pilot powers,Arrow CF slip -ons,APT manual tensioners,Ohlins of course,and Watsens LED front signals(a small Canadian company that makes really neat stuff).Last time on the dyno she did 103Hp at the wheel.
On Aug 3 i did the fast school(Level 2) and this holiday monday i am doing another track day at Shannonville Motorsports Park near Belleville,Ontario. The gang i currently ride with are called the Manypause Mountain Riders.Mostly sportbikes(all makes)with a few BMW gs in there to piss off us sportbike guys when they pass us in the twisties.Average age,good question.We go from 30 ish to 73(He rides a K1200S).Well that's enough about me ,I gotta work now...LOL

Puff998.(Dennis)[/img]
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Hi Puff
:D Welcome on board :D
I was in Ottawa 2 weeks ago, lovely city.
So, could I have seen you cruising through the Market or Blasting off the lights in front of the Chateau Laurier? I saw a couple of Storms whilst I was there last time.

Pete.l
Puff998

Ottawa

Post by Puff998 »

Hi,
Glad to here you were in Ottawa.It's a great city.Were you on Parlament Hill?I work there.I don't get to ride much during the week(Kids and stuff...)Eastern Ontario has some of the best twisty roads in Canada.Our Saturday rides average 3-400 Km's.About an hour from Ottawa they are opening a new race track(Calabogie Motorsports Park) and it should be one of the best in Canada.No venues there,just private rentals and track days.Check out the web site...This monday (Sept 4th) i and a few of my buddies are doing a track day at Shannonville .Should be a great day(the long track)if its not to cold.Work calls..later

Puff.....Dennis