new to the forum

Test your messages here, beginners welcome..
poorider

new to the forum

Post by poorider »

Greetings I am new to the forum. I purchased My 2004 Firestorm in March 2007 it had done 2.5k miles, now 4k. I had a bit of misfortune with the bike in that oil starvation to the fromt cylinder camshaft caused it to seize. Where the oilway passes through the cylinder head gaskit is a reducer and that had become blocked by something. Close examination showed it was hard and would crack under the nail, but not metallic. As you know the camshaft runs direct in the head so that was knackered. I wont say what it cost to have this put right! Anyone heard of such a fault before? My query on misfire I have put in the workshop section.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Hi Poorider :lol: Welcome Aboard :lol:

Can't say we've had much in the way of oil starvation faults, sounds like a one off to me. We've had, got and will have more on misfires though. That's one thing the Storm does really well :wink:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
veeteearr_HRC

Post by veeteearr_HRC »

hi ho hello . welcome i'm new mi self . the name poorider sounds a bit anal tho :lol: :lol: :wink:
poorider

Post by poorider »

No not anal its poor rider because I am not a very good bike pilot. I have been riding since passing my test in 1962 but just can't seem to get the hang of it yet. I think if they start retesting old gits like me I would probably fail. Been out on the bikes again today managed to get home OK once more though Thanks for the welcome..
poorider

Post by poorider »

poorider wrote:No not anal its poor rider because I am not a very good bike pilot. I have been riding since passing my test in 1962 but just can't seem to get the hang of it yet. I think if they start retesting old gits like me I would probably fail. Go down on the U-turn I reckon. Been out on the bikes again today managed to get home OK once more though Thanks for the welcome..