TT will it be cancelled ?

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

cheekykev

TT will it be cancelled ?

Post by cheekykev »

I'm getting a strong rumourr that the TT will be cancelled, does anyone know for sure :?:
If it is, what will the Steam Packet company do about all the people that have already payed for the ferry :?:
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
freeridenick

Re: TT will it be cancelled ?

Post by freeridenick »

Ah sh1t. I was hoping this year I could get the old man over now he's fit.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I think we are going to have to get used to this kind of news..... And knowing the steam packet, I bet they try and avoid refunds, but I hope I am wrong.

At this rate the only holidays that won't be cancelled will be our OP storm meetings, but we will all have to endorse the social distancing rules and not ride closer than 3m to each other.

Might be a good time to add the NC500 onto the OP storm Scotland trip, as there will be a lot less tourists up there getting in the way
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I received an email from easyjet yesterday, and P and O. ferries today, regarding cancellations or changes to booked travel.
Easyjet were offering an opportunity to defer travel to a later date and P and O are offering EITHER a refund or credit note if you decide not to travel.
I'd expect something similar from steam packet if it's cancelled.
Last time I looked, Iom has no cases of the disease, so might be a good place to hide from it for a few weeks.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

AMCQ46 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:28 am I think we are going to have to get used to this kind of news..... And knowing the steam packet, I bet they try and avoid refunds, but I hope I am wrong.

At this rate the only holidays that won't be cancelled will be our OP storm meetings, but we will all have to endorse the social distancing rules and not ride closer than 3m to each other.

Might be a good time to add the NC500 onto the OP storm Scotland trip, as there will be a lot less tourists up there getting in the way
We can just sleep with our helmets on and the visor down in the bunkhouse.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

tony.mon wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:35 am
Last time I looked, Iom has no cases of the disease, so might be a good place to hide from it for a few weeks.
If that continues That might be a good excuse to keep us all out 8O .
I'm just hoping the worst of it will be over by then and people will be more used to dealing with it and carrying on a little closer to normality
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

I emailed the Steam Packet company yesterday, late afternoon, to be fare they replied within 2 hours.
This is the reply I got.

Thank you for your email
If the event is cancelled by the IOM Govt. full refunds will be offered

Kind regards
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I was due to be in Rome as of Friday for the 6 nations game. Alitalia e-mailed last Tuesday cancelling the flights, but with no mention of refunds. I have attempted to call them and e-mail with no response.
The RFU have said that because the game is postponed and not cancelled they won’t act until a new date is announced, and then ,if we wish, they will attempt to sell them for us.
Travel insurance wriggling to avoid stepping up. All parties standing in a circle pointing right and advising you contact the next in line!
Such fun :crazy:
Anyway going to a nice hotel in Sudbury today instead!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

TT2020 cancelled

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of- ... cancelled/

This year's TT has been cancelled because of the coronavirus pandemic, the chief minister has confirmed.

Howard Quayle made the announcement at a special media conference which started just after 5pm.

The measures are as follows:

- Anyone arriving in the Isle of Man from 11.59pm tomorrow (Tuesday, 17 March) will be required to take immediate action:
Those displaying symptoms of coronavirus will be required to self-isolate for at least 14 days
Those not displaying symptoms of coronavirus will be required to self-isolate for at least 14 days, to eliminate the possibility they are carrying infection

- Those aged 70 and over or pregnant or have underlying health conditions are strongly advised to take extra care to prevent the possibility of being infected. More guidance will be issued shortly
- The 2020 Isle of Man TT is cancelled to protect the Island’s critical care services
- Schools will remain open
- Testing for coronavirus in the community will be stepped up with immediate effect
- Due to the measures being introduced today, at this stage government will not be placing any restriction on public gatherings
- The government will be taking necessary steps to postpone both the 2020 local authority general elections and the Douglas South by-election until further notice
- A package of measures will be introduced by the Treasury to support the Island’s workforce and protect the economy

In addition, both the Local Authority General Election and the Douglas South by-election have been postponed.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

No supprise really...

https://crash.net/rr/news/937425/1/isle ... s-outbreak

They havent updated their web site yet though...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

It's on there now

https://www.steam-packet.com/informatio ... 46c59f9ff4

Bastid Corona. I guess we wont pass the Fizzical by then :sad2
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Next year.
I 'm doing the whole two weeks.
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

I'm all booked up for next year.
Steam Packet gave me the option to transfer my booking so I took it.
Kev will you be doing the same?
Pete.L

TT2021 Cancelled

Post by Pete.L »

Guess What?
It's happened again :cry:

2021 has been cancelled as well
https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/n ... -cancelled

"In a statement released today, Lance Skelly, MHK, Minister, Department for Enterprise, Isle of Man Government, said, “We do not underestimate the disappointment that this decision will cause to many people. However, we are making an early and logical decision to provide certainty and clarity to race fans and everyone else involved in our event. The TT relies on thousands of volunteers and officials across a wide range of organisations and we could not move responsibly towards operating to that date and commit to welcoming tens of thousands of people to the Island in June, despite the progress towards a vaccination programme globally and on the Island.”

Might have to look at doing a Scottish tour instead. Maybe a bit of wild camping :think:

Pete.l