Ramstorm 2020

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Jonesey

Ramstorm 2020

Post by Jonesey »

So- Mac and I have been in cahoots and have decided that this year I will host the southern (ish) workshop day usually known as the magnificent Grainstorm.
Now although the location has changed the rules and format are the same.
All welcome even non Storm riders...
Tea & coffee & possibly bacon sarnies till 09.30...after that self service. It is customary for attendees to bring biscuits, snacks, nibbles & comestibles. Bring your own particular favourite but don't get mad if someone else munches them...

All welcome...PM me for full addy details or look on google maps or some such, Ramsey CO12 to see if the journey is worth getting out of bed for.Speaking of which, if anyone wishes to camp after the tooling about is finished they would be most welcome, firepit, music, and beer not out of the question....
As is the norm for a workshop day the whole idea is to do the work on your bike yourself...there will be someone on hand to talk you through it if you're not 100% confident. So bring any parts & fluids you will need & tools if possible.

If you want to attend just for the craic, to meet fellow Stormers or just to talk general bollacks..thats fine...we need just one bike to be worked on to make it a workshop day...& it gives the rest of us someone to mock... :wink:

I have paddock stands,and most tools...but please bring you own tools if you can...I don't mind lending out tools but keeping track of them when there are loads of bods around is a bit tough. remember the old saying...

''If you handle another man's tool treat it as you would treat you own & always return it wiped clean with no messy residues upon it...''

There will be plenty of rags, paper towels, fluid receptacles etc on hand, brake tools & large hammers.

Remember you are working on your own bike.

There is plenty of room but limited hardstanding so please bring a sidestand puck or similar.

I do have some spares, oils, fluids & lube if needed.

It has to be a Saturday in case a major part is required & a trip to a bike shop is required.

If you want to attend then drop me a PM to start with. Inc. your user name & what you intend to be doing. In return I will send you full address & a contact number..

New members with less than 50 posts...get posting or post on here & I will PM you.

I am not putting my Address, phone number or e-mail in this post...Contact via PM only...
So now to the date....
Please see separate post for date poll.
All the best, Jonesey.
Unus Dies Gingiber Mos Hereditas Orbis terrarum.
MacV2

Re: Ramstorm 2020

Post by MacV2 »

Ooohh I got severe Deja vu reading that... I'm sure ther are copyright rules or something...

I'm in, if only for the poss of a sleep over, just so I can mock Jonesey's jim jams... (See his FB xmas post...)
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Count me in.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Rhughes945

Post by Rhughes945 »

It's a bit of a ride (3 hours) but I could get someone to do my (I definitely mean help me do) MCCT's.

Will check with the boss and see if it fits around our wedding funding before I say yes
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Rhughes945 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:24 am It's a bit of a ride (3 hours) but I could get someone to do my (I definitely mean help me do) MCCT's.

Will check with the boss and see if it fits around our wedding funding before I say yes
There you go a job to be jobbed on the day... Check your inspection cap is free from corosion... Try to undo it with an allen key if it dont move leave well alone. They chew up real easy. Best get a spare to bring with you as it may need aggressive removal...

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=28583

This one fits & is better as it's not an allen socket.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rugged-Roads ... 1726640942
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Rhughes945 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:24 am It's a bit of a ride (3 hours) but I could get someone to do my (I definitely mean help me do) MCCT's.

It will be worth the trip these men know their stuff when it comes to vtr's
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Rhughes945

Post by Rhughes945 »

MacV2 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:30 pm

There you go a job to be jobbed on the day... Check your inspection cap is free from corosion... Try to undo it with an allen key if it dont move leave well alone. They chew up real easy. Best get a spare to bring with you as it may need aggressive removal...

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=28583

This one fits & is better as it's not an allen socket.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rugged-Roads ... 1726640942
Ooo I work pretty much next door to Rugged Roads, won't even have to wait for the postman!

I'll broach the subject with my other half over the weekend.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

If I haven't finaly got round to doing it before, me thinks its radial master time...

Been meaning to do the C&S on Nue Red but weather has been pants recently...It's proper hanging so needs doing befor MOT time...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Sooo...I spoke to Chris yesterday, depending on what Boris comes up with on Thursday 7th...

A/Continued Full lock down.

B/Partial lifting of lockdown.

C/ Back to normal plebs if you die it's your own fault...

If... A/ RamStorm is off... :(

If... B/ Depending on what restrictions there are re 'Mass Gatherings.' RamStorm is on. :D

If... C/ RamStorm is definitely on... & the Bacon will be frying... :D :thumbup:

Personaly...I think A/ will be the way it is going to go, maybe with some restriction still in place, I doubt pubs & clubs will be opening anytime soon.

I think B/ is still going to be no mass gatherings but what constitutes a mass gathering ? upto 10...less than 20 ?. Chris has plenty of room to fully adhere to current social distancing rules so no issues there... Obvs no Man Hugs tho...

If C/...most unlikely so rule that one out...

So depending on Thursdays news I'm up for a nice ride out if it's possible... whos with me ?
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

God, yes.
Any excuse for a ride out, even though the roads will be rammed with slow and steady out-of-practice elderly car drivers out for a nice trip out to see the grandchildren.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 6:28 pm God, yes.
Any excuse for a ride out, even though the roads will be rammed with slow and steady out-of-practice elderly car drivers out for a nice trip out to see the grandchildren.
Didn't know you were a Grandad already Tony...You kept that quiet... :lol: :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Did I miss this meetup?
My tyre still needs pumping up...
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:11 am Did I miss this meetup?
My tyre still needs pumping up...
It was cancelled Tony..YES LAST WEDENSDAY!