Oulton tomorrow

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

freeridenick

Oulton tomorrow

Post by freeridenick »

I assume no one is on the MSVT event tomorrow?
AMCQ46

Re: Oulton tomorrow

Post by AMCQ46 »

nope :(

hope you have fun
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

What times are you after?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

tony.mon wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:01 pm What times are you after?
Under two minutes would be nice.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Well I didn't get near 2 minute lap, 2:07 was fairly consistent and 2secs slower than last year.

The biggest differences in the bike were the engine braking and the extra power making the back end move. I'd not changed any of the suspension settings but I don't remember the rear moving about under acceleration with the old engine. Yesterday it felt like a yo yo until I increased the damping.

The engine braking completely changed my braking markers and I need more time to get them right. Going into Shell Oils was quite hard on the brakes with the old bike but I bearly touched them at the same point yesterday. It was the same going into Druids - roll off and tip in was all I needed. It'll be some time before I'm fast enough through Clay Hill to need to brake hard there.

Popkat could be right about the slipper clutch. I went off at Druids in the second session when I found neutral, or a false one. Foolishly I went down a gear instead of up and the rear tried to overtake me. Fortunatly I kept it upright and ran off through the gravel but it was a 'moment' and a half.