Bikes Classic at Spa

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

podman

Bikes Classic at Spa

Post by podman »

:evil: Anyone from the forum make or ride in this event over the weekend?

[url]Image

Apart from the total nightmare that was the Eurotunnel check in/M25 on the way home, we had the most amazing weekend, never been before but ill be back.

Last time I went to Spa was in 1993 and it was peeing down, I expected the same again but its was bloody hot and all the better for it.

We took 3 bikes , caught the 7am eurotunnel and by 12:30pm was checking in at our accommodation in the lovely village of Stavelot..

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

By 1pm we'd gone out on the bikes ...and returned again as the NS400 had shat all its water out and the (borrowed from my friend) 250LC was running like a bag o'shite.

Those of a nervous disposition, look away now..

[url]Image

We soon got the Kawasaki and LC running well and headed out for a nosey, id totally forgotten how vast the place was so it took us some time to find our parking area/entrance.

[url]Image

Bit of auto jumble stuff going on.

[url]Image

[url]Image

Took hundreds of photos over the 2 days we was there , some random examples.

Firestorm was going well.

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

Day 2 we managed to bluff our way in on the bikes and got to see far more of the circuit and the actual racing, maybe older and very old bikes and riders of all ages but they was not hanging around.

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

Outside the circuit, on one of the entrance roads was an event running called "Sultans of Sprint", some very cool bikes and way cooler people than us involved in this scene!

Lots of ladies both riding the bikes and managing the teams...was a real crack to watch and listen to ..

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

Bike and rider of the weekend for us!

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

Sunday we headed home via Bastogne to visit one of teh WW2 museums, by chance, we ended up passing Bastogne barracks and decided to go along for one of their tours, if your in the area, I would recommend it, lots of history about how the place was actually used and what went on during The Battle of the Bulge esp with the American 101st Airbourne division who where based there, very interesting and moving.

Place is still an operational Army base and the tour is free.

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

Many of the veterans have returned over the years, so our guide said, one or two are intending to jump(solo) next year for the 75th anniversary of D Day!

[url]Image

This section of the building was one of many used as a military hospital, dressings / beds etc left as was from 1944.

[url]Image

[url]Image

And loads of tanks and miliatary vehicles to end our tour on, alas we had to miss out on the beer tasting as the tour had lasted nearly 3 hours and we had the train to catch but in the end, there was no need to have rushed back for that...

[url]Image

[url]Image

All in all, an incredible and memorable weekend.
Kev L

Re: Bikes Classic at Spa

Post by Kev L »

Looks fantastic, thanks for posting. Some interesting bikes in those pics. The FP and the virgin racing Yamaha (is that an R7?), and the sprint bike at the end. What’s under all the bodywork?
Thanks again
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Wow once again some super pics and bikes. You know yesterady was the anniversary of the battle of Somme.

==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

love it, looks like a great weekend
AMcQ
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Great pics Bryan.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

What a fantastic weekend you all had by the looks of it 8) No doubt the great weather made all the difference compared to your last visit in 1993.

Some great bikes there in the photo's, many thanks for sharing all of the pic's with us :D

Chris.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Now that is how you spend a weekend. Looks like you had a ball.
Now go put a post up for this next year...
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
podman

Post by podman »

Kev L wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:19 am Looks fantastic, thanks for posting. Some interesting bikes in those pics. The FP and the virgin racing Yamaha (is that an R7?), and the sprint bike at the end. What’s under all the bodywork?
Thanks again

Yes, that was a R7 , I think it was Niall Mackenzies, his Cadburys Boost YZF750 was also out and about, Terry Rymer wasnt hanging around on his old Loctite OW01 as well...Great to see those older machines being used in anger.

There was a 2 x 2 hour "endurance" race run both Sat and Sunday evening, so the whole event was over 3 days, with 2 of those days programmes starting at 9am and finishing around 9pm...the cost for all 3 days access was just 30 Euros.

The Sprint bikes where madness, that particulary bike had a super charged BMW twin underneath it buit anything goes, one of the fastest was an old turbo'd Triumph motor in it, lots of ladies present at that event, not just as spectactors but riding the bikes and managing the event..id defo follow that series but i dont think they venture to the UK, the health and safety bods would have a fit for starters..
podman

Post by podman »

VTRDark wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:14 am Wow once again some super pics and bikes. You know yesterady was the anniversary of the battle of Somme.

I didnt but im glad I was doing something fitting on the day.

Next year I shall be aiming to make some of the D Day 75th anniversary commemorations, will be a huge event with only a handful of veterans from that war remaining and even less going, hotels are going fast apparently so will be booking that in the next few weeks, if anyone is interested.