Run to GrainStorm V

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Solarboy

Re: Run to GrainStorm V

Post by Solarboy »

Wicky wrote:Bring a length of hose for impromptu refuelling just in case...

Don't forget 8mm socket (front tank bolts) and JIS screwdriver/s and hit-temp silicone for cam cover gasket.
Thanks for the heads up on the HT silicone. I’ll get some in the week. We won’t need any hose. My right hand is fairly easy with the twisty grip.. famous last words.......
If we don't learn from our mistakes we are destin to repeat them
fatfreddy000

Post by fatfreddy000 »

Solarboy wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:01 pm
tilt390 wrote:
Southwind531 wrote:Hi all.

I'll be up for meeting en route if there's room for a small one? - I'll be coming from Southend - A127, onto A130.
Tilt390. I Could meet you at the lay-by near Wickford turn? You're less likely to be done for kerb crawling if there's two of us & I definitely don't look like a brass!

S
Watcha. Fine with me matey. I'll be in the layby after Wickford turn off 8going towards A127 at 07.15 ish. I'll be the one in high heels ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Hi all, only one week to go until the Grain Storm extravaganza so here we go with the details for the meet ups from Harwich.
06:40 Bottom if Ramsey Hill, Ramsey. Joneses.
07:00 garage on northbound side of A12 Col U junction, Wickey
07:20ish lay-by after the Wickford turn off, south bound on the A130, tilt and southwind. (In heels)
Now as Grain is about 95 miles from me and the Jet petrol station on the A228 is about 87 miles there is a good chance I won’t make it without having to stop before hand. So I was thinking of topping of the tank when Jonesey and I meet Wicky. This way we should all be able to go to the Jet from there.
These are the meeting points so far Gents so if anyone else would like to jump in please do.

Mac's just flogged me a brake caliper and it's now become clear how close grain is so I thought I better stick my oar in and makes things further complicated.
If I can fit it in I'll be coming from Hackney, London so could meet on the a13 or somewhere if possible. I will have a look at a map when I'm not on my phone screen.
Ive recently gone vege but now seriously considering a short vacation from that to further strain macs bacon rasher rashions..
“If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.” Biologist Jonas Salk
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

fatfreddy000 wrote:
Solarboy wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:01 pm
tilt390 wrote:Watcha. Fine with me matey. I'll be in the layby after Wickford turn off 8going towards A127 at 07.15 ish. I'll be the one in high heels ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Hi all, only one week to go until the Grain Storm extravaganza so here we go with the details for the meet ups from Harwich.
06:40 Bottom if Ramsey Hill, Ramsey. Joneses.
07:00 garage on northbound side of A12 Col U junction, Wickey
07:20ish lay-by after the Wickford turn off, south bound on the A130, tilt and southwind. (In heels)
Now as Grain is about 95 miles from me and the Jet petrol station on the A228 is about 87 miles there is a good chance I won’t make it without having to stop before hand. So I was thinking of topping of the tank when Jonesey and I meet Wicky. This way we should all be able to go to the Jet from there.
These are the meeting points so far Gents so if anyone else would like to jump in please do.

Mac's just flogged me a brake caliper and it's now become clear how close grain is so I thought I better stick my oar in and makes things further complicated.
If I can fit it in I'll be coming from Hackney, London so could meet on the a13 or somewhere if possible. I will have a look at a map when I'm not on my phone screen.
Ive recently gone vege but now seriously considering a short vacation from that to further strain macs bacon rasher rashions..
Hi Freddy, nothing complicated about meeting up mate. The A13 is a good idea or even the M25 if you can think of a safe location that makes it easy for you to wait?? I don’t head down that way very often so am open to any suggestions.

As for the bacon, I am sure Mac will have plenty, I hear there is a Danepak ship coming in to Tilbury on Wednesday with Mac’s name on it.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yeah, he had to put in a special order for bacon with a dry weave top sheet.
It's the only way you can guarantee you get wings, not thighs.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Services at Thurock for a meet point.

Just hope Solor Boy has wound his micky mouse watch up that morning. :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:34 am Yeah, he had to put in a special order for bacon with a dry weave top sheet.
It's the only way you can guarantee you get wings, not thighs.
It's just normal bacon from a normal shop for local people...

I'm begining to think that maybe you lot dont want bacon sandwij's this year...???

BTW I'm not wasting my cash on red & brown sauce this year so if you want to ruin a good bacon sarnie with that muck bring your own...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Mac, is the cloud-seeding light aircraft still operating up your way?
They used to have to manage precipitation due to the extraordinary local climate caused by the nuclear power station emissions, both airborne and in the coolant water.

There was a schedule in the local paper so you knew when it was going to be raining.
Is that still going on?

Let's hope that this year the rain, in Grain, stays mainly on the plane.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:48 am Mac, is the cloud-seeding light aircraft still operating up your way?
They used to have to manage precipitation due to the extraordinary local climate caused by the nuclear power station emissions, both airborne and in the coolant water.

There was a schedule in the local paper so you knew when it was going to be raining.
Is that still going on?

Let's hope that this year the rain, in Grain, stays mainly on the plane.
:lol: :lol:

Nope no plane with rain around here although apparently they used to use a sprayer plane to do the marshes to keep the mosies undercontrol...

Before my time here...
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

MacV2 wrote:Services at Thurock for a meet point.

Thurrock services sounds good, okay with you Freddy?
Actually it’s a Mini Mouse watch Mac, never liked that freak Micky.......Image
fatfreddy000

Post by fatfreddy000 »

Solarboy wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:14 am

yep thats perfect.
whats the ETA at Thurrock?
as i say I'm only 95% sure i can make it presently but will know for certain mid next week.
got a couple of jobs to do on her first including fitting the new font caliper, repairing the hugger, adjusting chain slack etc, and i hope full a quick clean too..
anybody familiar with the A13 speed cameras- i know theres a lot of warning signs but can't remember if they're gatsos, or average mph types, or which are active?..
“If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.” Biologist Jonas Salk
fatfreddy000

Post by fatfreddy000 »

fatfreddy000 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:03 am

yep thats perfect.
as i say I'm only 95% sure i can make it presently but will know for certain mid next week.
got a couple of jobs to do on her first including fitting the new font caliper, repairing the hugger, adjusting chain slack etc, and i hope full a quick clean too..
anybody familiar with the A13 speed cameras- i know theres a lot of warning signs but can't remember if they're gatsos, or average mph types, or which are active?..
p.s
how may will be showing up at thurrock? really looking forward to the roar of those v-twins arriving en masse, i hope to get there a bit early and be waiting with a coffee to film you all riding in on my phone camera..
will we meet at the pumps or main service area?
pretty exciting for me- I've been a solitary biker for 15 years now (boohoo), never riden in a group like this!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

https://www.ecosia.org/search?q=A13+spe ... on=firefox

Plenty to read about them here.

There are cams between Dagenham & the M25...a lot of it is 50mph now. You just have to have a look to see if they are rear or forward facing ones.

Forward facing ie the cam is pointing toward you...no problem for a bike as we don't have front number plates do we...
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

fatfreddy000 wrote:
yep thats perfect.
p.s
how may will be showing up at thurrock? really looking forward to the roar of those v-twins arriving en masse, i hope to get there a bit early and be waiting with a coffee to film you all riding in on my phone camera..
pretty exciting for me- I've been a solitary biker for 15 years now (boohoo), never riden in a group like this!
To be honest Freddy, it’s my first time too, but don’t tell anyone......

So the group so far is.
Jonesey
Wickey
Tilt
Southwind
Yourself and myself.
Alan Jones may be coming and might be a good idea if he meets us at Thurrock services if he wants.

As for the time, well it’s like this so far.

Leave Ramsey at 06:40, Colchester 07:00, tilt and southwind 07:30ish in the slip road or lay-by after wickford turn off on A130. I’m guessing Thurrock services is 25 mind from there? So just before 8am at the petrol station on the Thurrock services. Image
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

fatfreddy000 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:43 am

Pumps/ service station is prob the best place to meet as the main shoping area carpark is huge... :lol:

Havent been there for a while meself but I'm sure ther is somewhere away from the pumps themselves to plot up & wait.

Re the meet up time I have no idea but I can tell you once you are over the bridge its about 30-40 mins to my front door depending on how fast you going...Traffic shouldnt be an issue that time of the morn.

You can expect a bit of a queue for the tunnel on the way home tho...It's been brill since they removed the toll booths to ''speed things up...'' :crazy:

Squeez the lanes down more from further back & put blood traffic lights in FFS. Bikes are free tho so thats OK...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

''To be honest Freddy, it’s my first time too, but don’t tell anyone......''

Woohoo a group ride virgin...Treat him gently lads... :twisted: :Bike: :Behind 2: :bondage: