GrainStorm V

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

fatfreddy000

Re: GrainStorm V

Post by fatfreddy000 »

alanfjones1411 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:21 pm
MacV2 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:15 pm So any one needing any work then ?
Brake and clutch fluid replaced
Hoping I can make it for a few hours now mac, thanks..
And regarding what needs doing.. Hmmm.. Everything really, but mainly hoping we can fit in a fresh paint job.. I can bring the hammerite and some rollers so it matches the job done on the subframe, wheels, cam covers, and radiators!
That's just a heads up to alleviate a little of the piss taking I'm expecting.
“If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.” Biologist Jonas Salk
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

To my way of thinking it's 22 overpaid blokes with stupid haircuts chasing a bag of wind
:kneel:

I couldn't agree more but the bag of wind has two legs and a pair of shorts. A game for the brain dead and sheep. Not very intellectual....a bit like reading the Sunday sport. No sportmanship with either. I think the problem is with large team sports and football seems to be the worst offender from a player and fan point. As humans we have a habit of behaving different as a pack and end up playing follow the leader rather than use our brains whereas in motorsport there's more individuality. That's the problem with the human race no intelligence to think outside the box for most, to the point where we listen to everything we are told by others and the media and let it influence our vote and who we go to war with. :roll: If more people started thinking for themselves rather than getting brainwashed by society then the world would be a better place. :wink:
==============================Enter the Darkside
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I need to do an oil change, so that at least will have an opportunity to get spanners out and a bit of oil on the Grain Grunters xv rugby shirt/bike cleaning rag.

But I'm torn...
In the interests of lightness I bought a nice Racetech ti sump plug, which is certainly lighter.
But if I fit that it works against mass centralisation principles, where you want all the heavier bits in the middle.

Now I'm undecided.

Am I overthinking this?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

VTRDark wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:33 am
To my way of thinking it's 22 overpaid blokes with stupid haircuts chasing a bag of wind
:kneel:

I couldn't agree more but the bag of wind has two legs and a pair of shorts. A game for the brain dead and sheep. Not very intellectual....a bit like reading the Sunday sport. No sportmanship with either. I think the problem is with large team sports and football seems to be the worst offender from a player and fan point. As humans we have a habit of behaving different as a pack and end up playing follow the leader rather than use our brains whereas in motorsport there's more individuality. That's the problem with the human race no intelligence to think outside the box for most, to the point where we listen to everything we are told by others and the media and let it influence our vote and who we go to war with. :roll: If more people started thinking for themselves rather than getting brainwashed by society then the world would be a better place. :wink:
:hijacked:

Talk about thread hijack... :lol: :lol:

Only Carl could refrence football with war... :lol: :end:

So whats your veiws on cricket me old fruitcake ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

A gentlemans sport but a little too sedate accept when they are rubbing balls :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:29 am I need to do an oil change, so that at least will have an opportunity to get spanners out and a bit of oil on the Grain Grunters xv rugby shirt/bike cleaning rag.

:lol: :lol: I'm not sure we'll be seeing Storminghonda this year... I did PM him...

But I'm torn...
In the interests of lightness I bought a nice Racetech ti sump plug, which is certainly lighter.
But if I fit that it works against mass centralisation principles, where you want all the heavier bits in the middle.

Now I'm undecided.

Am I overthinking this? Yes I think you maybe are...I tried thinking once, it gave me a headache...
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

How about some sticky labels? So we can see the moniker of the people we haven't met before. It will help with the avoidance routine. Don't worry about yours Tony, I've met you before....
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

You can't miss Mac...he's the one that looks like catweasel :lol:
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

VTRDark wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 1:40 pm You can't miss Mac...he's the one that looks like catweasel :lol:
With greasy fingers?
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 1:32 pm How about some sticky labels? So we can see the moniker of the people we haven't met before. It will help with the avoidance routine. Don't worry about yours Tony, I've met you before....
I tried that at the very first workshop day.
The first three arrivals were all called Dave, so to save time we just called everyone Dave for the day.
Anyway, people mostly have a real name and a forum name, so they'd need two labels.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

VTRDark wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:30 am A gentlemans sport but a little too sedate accept when they are rubbing balls :lol:
whats that mean then ? :lol:

good feet for a big man???, that's another, lol.

Im hoping to be there, what do I need to bring for a carb balance ? are you bringing your device Tony M ?

:thumbup:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

lumpyv wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 4:09 pm
VTRDark wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:30 am A gentlemans sport but a little too sedate accept when they are rubbing balls :lol:

good feet for a big man???, that's another, lol.

Im hoping to be there, what do I need to bring for a carb balance ? are you bringing your device Tony M ?

:thumbup:
I've seen some of Tony's devices you don't want to go there 8O

You need to bring your bike, a length of Vac tube, a T peice unless already fitted & thats it really...I have a Carbtune device, the front take off doo dah.

As previously said give the adjuster a couple of squirts of WD-40 in the week....
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 1:32 pm How about some sticky labels? So we can see the moniker of the people we haven't met before. It will help with the avoidance routine. Don't worry about yours Tony, I've met you before....
I don't need a label I know who i am...If I forget I just look in a mirror & theres a bloke who looks like me... :crazy:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

VTRDark wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 1:40 pm You can't miss Mac...he's the one that looks like catweasel :lol:
Thats a bit rich coming from you ya fekin scruffy hippy... :Ball Kick:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Code: Select all

Cameron Bancroft: Australia player admits to ball-tampering, Steve Smith knew in advance
Thats a bit rich coming from you ya fekin scruffy hippy... :Ball Kick:
Actually I'm more like a tramp these days :lol: