OP STORM SW Scotland Mk6, Aug 10th to 13th 2018

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

tony.mon

Re: OP STORM SW Scotland Mk6, Aug 10th to 13th 2018

Post by tony.mon »

grumpyfrog wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:29 am Rollingthunder, If you get the chance, you MUST get some AVON skin so soft woodland scent. you will need it for the midges.
Even the midges up there will drink anything with alcohol in it, like the Avon product mentioned.
Don't Avon do a Buckfast scented version?

Or is it that the midges are a myth, so the locals can wear so soft skincare products?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Buckfast is only for those in the central belt....
Whilst it is the land of "water of life" there's far too many settlers up here now opening gin bothies!!! The airs alight with scents of botanicals, no wonder the midge is feasting.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

and to make matters worse, Buckfast wine is made in a monastery in Devon .... they are not too happy about its reputation :lol:

Buckfast Tonic Wine[edit]

The monastery's most successful product is Buckfast Tonic Wine, a fortified wine which the monks began making (to a French recipe) in the 1890s. Its perceived links to violent anti-social behaviour - especially in Scotland - have been a controversial issue for the abbey[24][25] which has employed a youth worker in one area affected.[26]

Following a decision by Police Scotland to attach anti-crime labels to bottles in some areas, the abbey's bottler and distributor, J Chandler and Co. announced its intention to pursue legal action.[27]
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I will remind you all nearer the day, but it will also be a good if everybody who is coming has read about the 2nd man drop off marking system click here to read the marking system rules and asks any questions if they are not sure how it works.

also please send me your mobile number and join "WhatsApp" so I can set up a group where we can quickly share information & location between everybody on the ride.
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

after the fun of Yorkshire, it looks like we might have 4 more

UK13iker
Budd
Mark2000VTR
AdyF

currently 17 already in and paid, so 3 beds up for grabs

that will make it the biggest ever turnout for this ride, and there are at least 4 extra turning up on the day plus Gabi in a chalet with his family
AMcQ
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Can I book a place for Stavros, my old enduro buddy? He wants to come.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 8:59 pm Can I book a place for Stavros, my old enduro buddy? He wants to come.
Ian,
the last 3 beds are provisional booked to Ady, Lee and Budd, so Stavros has a couple of options.

a) he can wait as the first reserve for when Macdee tells us he isn't coming
b) camp at the site
c) book a chalet at the site
AMcQ
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

AMCQ46 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:19 pm
KermitLeFrog wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 8:59 pm Can I book a place for Stavros, my old enduro buddy? He wants to come.
Ian,
the last 3 beds are provisional booked to Ady, Lee and Budd, so Stavros has a couple of options.

a) he can wait as the first reserve for when Macdee tells us he isn't coming
b) camp at the site
c) book a chalet at the site
No problem. I've booked a 2 man cabin for the three nights (10th, 11th and 12th August) so I'll probably be leaving a hole in the bunkhouse for someone else.

Stavros is on an MT09 Tracer and if my memory of him blowing me away on the enduro special tests is reliable he should be able to pedal it quite competently.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
mags@port

Post by mags@port »

If there is a spare bunk going in the bunk house, can i have this for Friday and Saturday night?. If poss? :beer:
Break it, mend it, mod it, thrash it. If it's made then it's bettered by beer and goggles. Me bikes had Kwak ZZR, Suzuki TL1000s, Yama R1, Aprilia RSV. Now have VTR, Honda CB750 hand built brat/trickster, Yama XS750 and wee old Vespa.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

mags@port wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:01 am If there is a spare bunk going in the bunk house, can i have this for Friday and Saturday night?. If poss? :beer:
Fine by me. Unless Al has some objection?
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

grumpyfrog wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:12 pm Buckfast is only for those in the central belt....
Whilst it is the land of "water of life" there's far too many settlers up here now opening gin bothies!!! The airs alight with scents of botanicals, no wonder the midge is feasting.
:lol: too right. Found an empty bottle of it on the pavement yesterday right outside the front door, and empties pop up like daffodils in spring in the park when the sun's out.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:11 am
mags@port wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:01 am If there is a spare bunk going in the bunk house, can i have this for Friday and Saturday night?. If poss? :beer:
fine by me, but you guys need to work out who pays who for what and knowing that you may chose to be paid in "personal favours" I want no part in the transaction :lol:
AMcQ
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

AMCQ46 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:51 am
KermitLeFrog wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:11 am
fine by me, but you guys need to work out who pays who for what and knowing that you may chose to be paid in "personal favours" I want no part in the transaction :lol:
Not even a bit of "commission" (as they call it...)
mags@port

Post by mags@port »

Let me know what I need to do for squaring you up kermit, just pm me ta
Break it, mend it, mod it, thrash it. If it's made then it's bettered by beer and goggles. Me bikes had Kwak ZZR, Suzuki TL1000s, Yama R1, Aprilia RSV. Now have VTR, Honda CB750 hand built brat/trickster, Yama XS750 and wee old Vespa.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

in the next 3 weeks I want to confirm that we all
a) want bedding & towels [£5 each extra].. some have paid already, but most haven't
b) will want spaces at the gourmet burger night on the Saturday night . they want to know numbers, you will pay on the day. starting 6.30pm and approx. £15 for 2 courses per head
c) will be using the café for breakfast - they just want to know approx. numbers, you will pay on the day.

for Friday night we will still have to work out our food and drink options, as we are not a walk to the nearest pub.

so we can :
cook / BBQ on site
use the café on site [we need to warn them]
ride to town to the chippy then back to site for beer
phone for a takeaway to be delivered to camp [not sure if they deliver that far, but I am sure our order would be big enough]

we have access to a car with Gabi, and my sister lives 5 miles away and I am sure she can help with a delivery of beer and supplies from the supermarket.
AMcQ