OP STORM SW Scotland Mk6, Aug 10th to 13th 2018

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

budd

Re: OP STORM SW Scotland Mk6, Aug 10th to 13th 2018

Post by budd »

looking like a good turn out . :thumbup:
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
budd

Post by budd »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:56 pm Your brother on an RC8!!!! Eeeek. I'm looking forward to watching that disappear into the distance.
depending which year RC8 it is, late models are much better than earlier ones either way it's unlikely to be any quicker than your Tuono
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

budd wrote:
KermitLeFrog wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:56 pm Your brother on an RC8!!!! Eeeek. I'm looking forward to watching that disappear into the distance.
depending which year RC8 it is, late models are much better than earlier ones either way it's unlikely to be any quicker than your Tuono
I was thinking more of the pilot than the bike. Have you seen the guy ride? Impressive what he did with old machinery on the last Scottish trip.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
budd

Post by budd »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:25 pm
budd wrote:
I was thinking more of the pilot than the bike. Have you seen the guy ride? Impressive what he did with old machinery on the last Scottish trip.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk
I seriously considered an RC8 last year before deciding to keep the RSV so it will be interesting to chat to someone who owns one, but your right if the guy can peddle it it would take some catching regardless , I certainly won't be getting near :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Budd, my younger brother has no concept of fear or danger and he has been riding dirtbikes every day since he was 13, oh and since he has swapped the bandit12 for the RC8, he is out riding the roads we will be on 3 times a week [even been told he has bought some leathers!] ........... I am already getting worried how this is going to end, as I have never backed out of a race with him, but I generally make sure I have a better bike! 8O

anyway, back to the logistics.

I have now paid to have 18 sets of bedding & towels and we have still got 2 bunks still free for late comers, but you may need to bring a sleeping bag.

also told them 20 for the burger night, but you will pay on the night......... and we can look at the menu Friday and place our orders Sat morning they will be very happy.

Breakfast - again I said approx. 20 and you pay if you eat. ... it is £9.50, so not bargin basement, but should be good.

and last but not least, Friday night ... they have confirmed that the Indian takeaway in Castle Douglas will deliver to the camp site, so we just need to make sure we have enough beers brought with us :beer: :D
AMcQ
gabi81

Post by gabi81 »

Im in the car so order ...ill carry

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Aha you know what it is black and yellow...black and yellow !!!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

budd wrote:
Yeah right! I’ve seen him on a sh1t old bandit in the wet after not having ridden on the road for a few years. I could hardly touch him then. Don’t want to think what he could do on a more modern bikeImage
I don’t think they make slow Mc Q’s🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
mags@port

Post by mags@port »

You want funds just now for bedding and towels or I can pay I arrive?. Ta. Hope the weather is good
Break it, mend it, mod it, thrash it. If it's made then it's bettered by beer and goggles. Me bikes had Kwak ZZR, Suzuki TL1000s, Yama R1, Aprilia RSV. Now have VTR, Honda CB750 hand built brat/trickster, Yama XS750 and wee old Vespa.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

mags@port wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:33 pm You want funds just now for bedding and towels or I can pay I arrive?. Ta. Hope the weather is good
pay when you arrive mate, I will just about be able to work out who has paid for what!!!! but you all owe me a beer :D
AMcQ
rollingthunderx2

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

Hi, I just noticed the rideout comes near Hawick.
You may like to consider a stop at the Steve Hislop / Jimmy Guthrie rooms at Wilton park, Hawick, there are Steves Ducati and other bikes, plus Jimmies old vintage race bikes, its not big, but it is very good, and there is a new cafe opened in the park just by the Museum.
The rideout comes to near Selkirk, and the road to Hawick is a fast A road over the moors, about 6 miles off the current route.
I live just outside Hawick and have a well equipped workshop.
rollingthunderx2

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

There is a petrol station in Selkirk, halfway round the route.
Museum
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserR ... tland.html
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Podman has had to drop out and with Kermit and Ady using Chalets rather than the bunk house, we should have a few beds spare in the main Bunk house.

any last min takers will be more than welcome .. bring a mate if you have one :lol: they wont believe how good the roads are for biking... and as Fabios mate, James, pointed out on his first visit ... "he never had so much fun on a bike before" . you could see his smile even with his helmet on
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

and hes busting his ass counting down the days to we get over this year :clap: :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

So, I've booked a cabin for Friday and Saturday, not sure about riding back on Monday

For those riding up from the South on Friday:

If you would like to ride up to Leeds on Thursday you're welcome to stay at my place, then continue the journey on Friday

I assume we'll be meeting with Al and others, in the Hawes area, for the ride up to Scotland?
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Will meet up in settle and Hawed, I will set times later and add all the details on the first post
AMcQ