Op Storm Wales 2018 Sep 14th to 16th

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

KermitLeFrog

Re: Op Storm Wales 2018 Sep 14th to 16th

Post by KermitLeFrog »

AMCQ46 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:12 pm They are very different to ride, Considering they have the same chassis !

The RR is more stable and better on fast sweepers, also has more feel from the Front end. The R is lower geared and has 3000 Revs less red line and feels twitchy in comparison. The only thing the R was better for was rider comfort with the flat bars and lower pegs, and now with the RR a bar conversion it works better as I like the higher pegs.
Only had 1hr on the R today, so will see if I can gel with it with more practice
Interesting! Thanks.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

HI all you Storm troopers, just letting you know me and cheekyads went round to Bennys bench on our way home, said a few word from all of us, and shared a can of John Smiths with him.
Good job we called, the new owners of the campsite have been trying to find out who the bench belonged too, apparently it is now part of the caravan and camping club, and due to new regulations they can only have approved equipment on the site.
The woman who came to speak to me and explain everything was really nice, and was really pleased to find out who it belonged to, she is a biker herself so was quite interested in why we had it made in the first place.
She figured it was a memorial bench, but unfortunately it has to go.
Anyway the upshot is, because she couldn't find the owner, she had to make a decision, so rather than get rid of it for it to end up just anywhere she has made arrangements for it to go next door in the local community park where it will be used and looked after, she asked if we would be OK with that, to which I replied yes, and thanked her for her efforts.
She has taken my name, phone nbr and email address and will keep me informed, she also said we're welcome stay there anytime.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for making it a great weekend, and also thank you all for making cheekyads feel welcome and part of the gang.
If everyone is happy with the way I planned it all then I'm quite happy to arrange it again for next year, I have already preliminary booked the Bunkhouse for next year.

Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Nice photo, well done Kev.
A good job you and Cheekyads turned up when you did,

Chris.
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Up for it again next year, thinking of you benny.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Nice photo Kev.

Glad it will have a good home
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

It's the down side of using a Whatsapp group for the ride, all the photos and banter are not on hear for the rest of us to realise what we missed... :(

any more photos ? And did I miss the announcement that grumpy frog had a Suzuki?

If it's any consolation we had rain most days in Sardinia and although we tried to use the weather radar to plot a ride that would avoid the worst, there was 2 days we didn't go out as it was relentless. And on the ride home one afternoon I can safely claim that it was the most wet I have ever been on a motor bike.. Not just the rain, but standing water, and the trucks coming the other way threw up a wall of water when it went through the standing water .... But it would have been warmer water than Wales

I did spend that day on the S1000R and got a chance to learn how to gett He best out of it, but I still preferred the RR for its better stability and front end feel.

But the roads here are SOOO different to anything in the UK, with the never ending tight turns clinging to the side of a mountain, I doubt we ever got above 70 on those roads, so it's not easy to work out how they would feel on our UK roads.
The attachment image.jpeg is no longer available
image.jpeg
AMcQ
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

I'm off to Sardinia next June.Are them bikes for hiire and have you got telephone numbers for them Al.?
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

There were really not many photos on WhatsApp. It was mainly rabbit about Gabi's bike maintenance and other dross.

Only two relevant pics, below:

The attachment IMG-20180916-WA0008.jpg is no longer available
IMG-20180916-WA0007.jpg
Ooops. Can only attach one pic. The other one was "The Bench" by Kev which you've seen.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

So sad to hear about your rainy time in Sardinia, Alistair, so sad .....🤔.......😂😂😂
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

alanfjones1411 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:14 am I'm off to Sardinia next June.Are them bikes for hiire and have you got telephone numbers for them Al.?
Alan,
Those weren't hire bikes, they were trailered down from Koblenz by 2 of the owners, the rest of us lazy bastids just flew in with our helmets.
The bloke who own the 2 BMWs and the Ducati (and he was the original owner of the Fireblade that was also there) is retired now, but he is just such a big petrol head (and he has more than enough money) so all he wants is people to go an ride with, and he is happy to lend me and our American mate one of his bikes each.... No questions asked, and he had never seen me ride before!!

I am sure there are hiring options in the main cities, as I did look into it once, but all the good roads are in the middle of the island, so you need to plan to be away from the nice beaches on the coast, but it is well worth it... It is like Skiing black runs all day, but you enjoy going up the mountain as well as coming back down :D :D
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:28 pm There were really not many photos on WhatsApp. It was mainly rabbit about Gabi's bike maintenance and other dross.

IMG-20180916-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20180916-WA0007.jpg

Ooops. Can only attach one pic. The other one was "The Bench" by Kev which you've seen.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

this is one of the days riding we did ... zoom in and look at the ribbon of bends :D

sardinia loop
AMcQ
gabi81

Post by gabi81 »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:28 pm There were really not many photos on WhatsApp. It was mainly rabbit about Gabi's bike maintenance and other dross.

IMG-20180916-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20180916-WA0007.jpg

Im sure thats the only one :lol:
Aha you know what it is black and yellow...black and yellow !!!
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Shhh, it's all Pete's fault and me just being a tight Scot.
Sometimes you just have to take advantage of what's in front of you.
It's in for first service so now it can go above 5k and I can get nappies for the experience...
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

5k is where the fun beginsImage
A few suspension tweaks and you’re in for a barrel load of fun.
Must admit, it was great to be out on the SP again and when Graham binned it, it was easy to turn inside of him and still control the slide coming to a stop. But with the weather There where quite a few times when I would have been comfier on the gixxer 🤪

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal