DevonStorm 2017...Al's photo diary.

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

MacV2

DevonStorm 2017...Al's photo diary.

Post by MacV2 »

Due to his unfortunate mishap with the rear of his tank, Al had to bail out of the Devon run.

So acting as his stunt double General Bollock stepped in.

As a reminder of a great weekend Al missed I put together a photo diary of Al's adventures over the weekend.

The southern softies meet up at Clacket lane. Dad of Bazza, Tony Mons, Bazza & Al.

This wouldnt be the last time Al suffered a squeez from a strange man over the weekend & they don't come much stranger than Mr T. Mons esq.

Quick pit stop at Reading. Smoke, drink, empty bladders & fil tanks.

Pit stop at Gordano. Met Pete, had some lunch, smoked, had a double take at a long haired blonde in full leathers on a 848 Ducati...it was a bloke on closer inspection. Shortly after this pic was snapped a full on hairy biker mob turned up on various cruisers...Easten Europeans I think but UK plates. More fule added to tanks...Next stop Westward Ho!

Think thats Pete giving Al another rupture !

Not many Storms on Devon Storm this year, only me & Malc upholding the tradition... :cry:

Al enjoying the veiw from the chalets.

Chilli time ! Thanks again Sue for sorting the welcome in grub. It went down very well.

At this point in time me & Mark (Dad of Bazza) went for a stroll to get some supplies on our return Martin (Bazzas mate) had turned up on his baboon arsed Suzuki.

Time to relax with a cider on the new benches for this year.

Later that eve we all went for a stroll downtown. We had an ice cream.

Visited a famous local attraction.

Went to the beach & got sand in our nuts !

Had a drink or two...maybe three...

Played some pool...badly in some cases. :lol:

More beer.

Took in the veiw from the sea wall on the way home...There was a veiw of sorts the flash drownded it out.

Back to the chalets for some more beer, more chilli, farting competitions & finaly to bed & the snoring competitions began...In our chalet Pete won hands down as he started as soon as he lay down the bastid ! In the end I could take no more despite ear plugs I headed for the sofa where apparently I woke Malc up snoring...hahahaha.

In the other chalet world champion snorer Tony M got his comeuppance as he was sharing with Martin who fell into a deep sleep but left his phone on which was beeping incessantly all night thus keeping the Mons awake all night...

End of day one...
Last edited by MacV2 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
bigtwinthing

Re: DevonStorm 2017...Al's photo diary.

Post by bigtwinthing »

What 'baldrocks" eh!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

love it ..... with mates like you who needs bolloks :lol:
AMcQ
MacV2

Re: DevonStorm 2017...Al's photo diary. Day 2

Post by MacV2 »

Up far too early for a day on holiday. Not helped by the snoring Pete disturbed sleep & an uncomfortable sofa...

Plan was for a 10o/c head off to Boscastle for breakfast then head out over Dartmoor to head for Exeter then head home.

We stopped at the local petrol station to fill up...

Thanks to Malc, the local tranvestite cobbler, Bazza & Tony the key was cut, the bike was pushed, the keys were programed...the bike was rescued...

I didn't get a picture of Al & the cobbler, despite the temptation I thought it may not have gone down very well with the man in a dress... :lol:

Still we made it to Boscastle more for lunch than breakfast....

Bazza & Al relaxing after lunch.

Enjoying the veiw...& no thats not the veiw of Tony's belly I'm talking about...

After lunch a nice ride including a bimble across Dartmoor, a bimble mainly as the road was in a shite state & the local sheep population were happy to be wandering about in the road despite all the cars & bikes...Lloydie would have loved it & I'm sure Al was trembling in me pocket... :sheep shagger:
We made it to Exeter & Bridge M/C shortly after Tony had ran out of fuel, a couple of bottles syphoned out of Petes tank & we were on our way.

I'm sure Malc only went there to wind the salesman up... :lol:

Quick pit stop smoke & re group, then we head back to the Ho!

Back at HQ after a nice day in the sun hooning around.

Whilst waiting for Bazza's meal to turn up...Fussy git had to order something that stressed out the staff...No peas, beans instead...

We had all finished by the time it turned up correct, still it gave Tony time to reach the Vinegar stroke...Which then meant I had to take Al to the karzzie to wash Tony's mess off...Good job no strangers walked in...Interesting wall art that W/C...

Last few from the last day to follow.
Last edited by MacV2 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

lmfao..... fecking headers :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Re: DevonStorm 2017...Al's photo diary. Day 3

Post by MacV2 »

So Sunday dawned bright & early...Bazza, Mark & Martin heading off for home at silly o/clock in the morning.

Better nights sleep for me as Snorey Pete was banished to sleep on the sofa !

As the world woke up coughing, burping & farting as is the want of a Storm meet...

Tony decided to head off as well, he was going to do the ride out but didn't fancy the ride home straight after that...What with the heat & wot not...

So then there were Three...

Plan A/ meet Terry, Malcs mate on a GSXR at the petrol staion @ 10 & not snap any keys, then head off to a garden centre with a cafe for breakie...

Lifton(?) Garden center...had a real nice ride up to here but fek me was it hot !

Terry meets Al...

Four left...filled up on bacon, sausage, egg ect...We head off to Bude for an Ice Cream...

Hmmmm what to have ???

Bubble gum flavour, didn't go for any spinkels or crushed nuts... 8O

After this we sort of just headed back to HO!

On the run out on Saturday Malc had to do a last min. route change on the hoof due to a closed road we were due to ride, it was being dressed with Tar n Chippings...On the way back we again came across a freshly T & Chip'd road...10 mph max was like riding on marbles...Don't know about the others but I was still pulling tarry chippings out of the bike on Tuesday...Didn't do me freshly painted bikini fairing much good... :roll:

Anyhoo we got back to HO! around 2.30/3. o/c...the sea was dead calm & real nice colour...

Relaxing in the sun...

Malc, Al & Mac...

Er...not sure... :lol:

We headed to the local dive & discovered they had a carvery on...It was OK meat was a bit chewy but it filled a hole.
Malc not drinking as he was going to go home on the Storm & come back in his van in the morn to clear up & kick us out...

So that just left two...

We made a not too difficult decision to go into town & carry on drinking, played some awful pool again & wandered back later on.

Malc did indeed turn up around 9ish, we all wizzed round on tidy mode. Packed our gear & headed off @ 10.00...

Me & Pete stopped on the M5 at the first services just for a quick pitstop for some munch & a smerk.

After this I shot off down the A303 rather than use the M4. pit stop for fule just after the Henge, was gonna stop for a pic but the bastids have closed off the only stopping places that have a veiw. On wards we go M3 on to the M25...loads of traffic stop start all the way really... Final splash & dash @ Cobham...homeward stretch...

Got in just before 16.00...bike in the cave,dump all me gear in a heap & head for a nice cool shower!

Once again I had a brill weekend. Great roads, fantatic weather. The best company you could wish for. Top weekend...Roll on Wales !

Oh & as a postscript. If you have never been on a Storm meet...put it on your bucket list...still to come in 2017 Operation Scotland in August & Operation Wales in September...wether you slum it in a tent or glam it up in a B&B the rides are stunning & fun, the social is funning & sun or sumsuch...drink will be involved...hic.

See the ride out sections & bloody sign up!

Al
Last edited by MacV2 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
popkat

Post by popkat »

Top write up and pictures Mac :thumbup: but who the feck is Warren ?, you can't of washed your ears out that morning, it was Terry, sounds a lot like warren Not :lol:

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hmmmm what to have ???
So who had Crushed nuts then :biggrin
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

popkat wrote:Top write up and pictures Mac :thumbup: but who the feck is Warren ?, you can't of washed your ears out that morning, it was Terry, sounds a lot like warren Not :lol:

I had ear plugs in & a crash helmet on....even through breakfast... :lol:
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Looks like you got some fantastic Weather!

That was a great read through :lol:
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Thanks to photobuket holding me to ransom...I've re booted the pics with a new supplier...imgur.com

Enjoy & don't forget to sign up for a Storm meet or two next year...or even this year Scotland or Wales!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

DevonStorm IV 2018 is being talked about but needs more confirms to make viable re costs of chalets.

If you fancy a ride out common down, the chalets are brill no tenting going on, meeting up just for the ride out day is accepatable but you miss out on the beer & hoots if your not staying over...

Of course other Storm meets are avaliable.

Let these images & tales remind you all to book your 2018 Storm meets ASAP.

BOOK NOW...BOOK NOW...BOOK NOW !

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I thought I had posted on this thread, but cant see it now Mac has brought it back to life.

I should either thank mac for taking my traumatised bollock on holiday with him,

or more likely tell the piss taking bastid to feck off or I will kick him in the general ballsacks :lol: :Ball Kick:

on the plus side, with friends like that you are always going to have a laugh :beer: :thumbup:
AMcQ