Short ride out Friday afternoon/evening

Full day Sat

Short ride out Sunday morning

Route: a cracker!

You are in for another brilliant ride out :Mexican Wave:

Weather permitting! :(

Saturdays Route: start time should be 9am

There will be 2 groups, again

This is to allow those who wish to gallop off into the distance...........................................to gallop off into the distance :Bike:

Those with me can have more of a canter rather than a gallop :deadhorse1:

It also means there will be less hanging around waiting for riders to catch up

Anyone unsure of there abilities can now come along knowing the pressure is off[/b]
Flatline

Re: Op Storm Wales 2017 September 15, 16, 17

Post by Flatline »

I'm sure the usual suspects will be attending?

Flatline
MacV2
Grumpyfrog
AMCQ46
Tony.Mon
Bazza696
AdyF
Miztaziggy
Steve97
CheekyKev, Cheekyads and CheekySue
Budd

Who's coming then?

Route to be decided
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Admin
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

As mentioned above, the camp site we normally go to is undergoing refurbishment starting at the beginning of September, therefore will not be available for the dates we require.
With this in mind I have searched other options and managed to come with what I consider a very good alternative.
The place is called Woodhouse Farm (Link Below) a lot depends on the number of people attending, but the options are, a Bunkhouse that will accommodate 20 people at a cost of £240 per night, or a dormitory that will accommodate 14 people at a cost of £170, I’ll leave the maths for you to work out, also there are camping pitches at £5 per night and £15 per night with electric hook up.
If we choose the bunkhouse, you can bring your own sleeping bag, but they will provide bedding for a one off payment of £3 (no brainer really) all based on self-catering, but they will provide a breakfast for £5 pp if required, and a 2 course evening meal, again if required for £12 pp, a BBQ is also there for us to use if we want to have our own burgers etc.
I’ve spoken to Flatline and AMCQ46 and we all agree with a reasonable amount of attendees, and due to the fact you’d have nothing to carry on your bikes apart from your clothes and soap box, this would work out a very practical and economical way of doing it.
I personally think we should just book the Bunkhouse for 20 and just split the cost between us regardless.
If there’s 20 the cost would be £24 each for the 2 nights, if there’s 16 it would cost £30 for the 2 nights, etc. etc. at the end of the day, if only 10 attend it will still only be £48 for the 2 nights, considering you don’t need to bring a tent etc. with you, again I think it’s a no brainer.
If you would like me to go ahead with this then please put your name down as soon as possible so I can confirm the numbers attending, and put a deposit on the place, please note if you are coming I will need a £10 per night (£20) deposit immediately your name goes on the list, and full payment within the next couple of weeks.
I do need commitment from people because I will be booking it this Friday 16th June using my own money.
If you click on the link below you can see everything in more detail, it looks spot on for us, kitchen, dining room, bed areas can be separated for the shy ones :lol: drying room, toilet, showers, veranda, BBQ what more do ya need :thumbup: :D
Please note, If you are NOT coming, please do not litter this post with reasons why, I’m not really interested in why you can’t come, I’m only interested in those that can, I’m sure that any of you that have tried to organise any event yourself will appreciate where I’m coming from :thumbup:

http://www.woodhouse-farm.org.uk/

Finally, because everyone enjoyed last years route so much, the Saturday ride out will be the same as last years, unless anyone else as got a better one of course.
Last edited by cheekykev on Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Sardinia trip is the weekend after, so I can do both this year :D

count me in Kev and PM me your paypal or bank details so I can send money
AMcQ
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

I'm in details for me as well
Last edited by Flatline on Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Book me in!

Who do I send deposit to ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

MacV2 wrote:Book me in!

When I have a considerable amount of attendees I'll PM my email address to the relevant people so they can pay by Paypal, or my address so they can send a cheque, that's if people still do cheques :lol:
Last edited by cheekykev on Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Like what you do
Do what you like
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

cheekykev wrote:
MacV2 wrote:Book me in!

When I have a considerable amount of attendees I'll PM my email address to the relevant people so they can pay by Paypal, or my address so they can send a cheque, that's if people still do cheques.

Checkmate ? Don't do cheques you'll have to pay cash... Boom Boom Tish... :tumbleweed:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
budd

Post by budd »

I'm in :thumbup: PM me the paypal details when payment require.

Who's game for a ride down from the North?
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

I'm up for this. Old (very old) happy hunting grounds for me.

May bring some others with me. "Fast Andy" has expressed interest.... (not a groomee, that one)

Bank details please for BACS.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

I'm in Kev

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

cheekykev wrote:As mentioned above, the camp site we normally go to is undergoing refurbishment starting at the beginning of September, therefore will not be available for the dates we require.
With this in mind I have searched other options and managed to come with what I consider a very good alternative.
The place is called Woodhouse Farm (Link Below) a lot depends on the number of people attending, but the options are, a Bunkhouse that will accommodate 20 people at a cost of £240 per night, or a dormitory that will accommodate 14 people at a cost of £170, I’ll leave the maths for you to work out, also there are camping pitches at £5 per night and £15 per night with electric hook up.
If we choose the bunkhouse, you can bring your own sleeping bag, but they will provide bedding for a one off payment of £3 (no brainer really) all based on self-catering, but they will provide a breakfast for £5 pp if required, and a 2 course evening meal, again if required for £12 pp, a BBQ is also there for us to use if we want to have our own burgers etc.
I’ve spoken to Flatline and AMCQ46 and we all agree with a reasonable amount of attendees, and due to the fact you’d have nothing to carry on your bikes apart from your clothes and soap box, this would work out a very practical and economical way of doing it.
I personally think we should just book the Bunkhouse for 20 and just split the cost between us regardless.
If there’s 20 the cost would be £24 each for the 2 nights, if there’s 16 it would cost £30 for the 2 nights, etc. etc. at the end of the day, if only 10 attend it will still only be £48 for the 2 nights, considering you don’t need to bring a tent etc. with you, again I think it’s a no brainer.
If you would like me to go ahead with this then please put your name down as soon as possible so I can confirm the numbers attending, and put a deposit on the place, please note if you are coming I will need a £10 per night (£20) deposit immediately your name goes on the list, and full payment within the next couple of weeks.
I do need commitment from people because I will be booking it this Friday 16th June using my own money.
If you click on the link below you can see everything in more detail, it looks spot on for us, kitchen, dining room, bed areas can be separated for the shy ones :lol: drying room, toilet, showers, veranda, BBQ what more do ya need :thumbup: :D
Please note, If you are NOT coming, please do not litter this post with reasons why, I’m not really interested in why you can’t come, I’m only interested in those that can, I’m sure that any of you that have tried to organise any event yourself will appreciate where I’m coming from :thumbup:

http://www.woodhouse-farm.org.uk/

Finally, because everyone enjoyed last years route so much, the Saturday ride out will be the same as last years, unless anyone else as got a better one of course.
WE HAVE 9 SO FAR, COME ON GUYS, GET YOUR FINGERS OUT.
I want to get this booked before the end of the week before we loose it
Last edited by cheekykev on Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Like what you do
Do what you like
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

had a bit of a look through the bunk house website and it looks great. plenty of space to fire up a bbq and drink some tinnies in the evening.

nice find Kev
AMcQ
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

Right, I'm sold. I'm definitely coming this year!