Op Storm Wales 2017 September 15, 16, 17

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

grumpyfrog

Re: Op Storm Wales 2017 September 15, 16, 17

Post by grumpyfrog »

Gabi, get in touch with Alistair again 're the space in the bunk.
See southern ride up for details .
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
gabi81

Post by gabi81 »

Been in touch ill be there
Aha you know what it is black and yellow...black and yellow !!!
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

I'm afraid, for many reasons, the NE Mafia can't make this one. Kev, pm me and I'll send the balance of the money outstanding.

Poo elbow!
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

Anyone know the earliest time to get into the shed, barn, bunkhouse thing on the fri (15th) ?
Who do we ask for ?
Is brother Kev still alive ?
What is the meaning of life ? :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Steve97 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:42 pm Anyone know the earliest time to get into the shed, barn, bunkhouse thing on the fri (15th) ?
Who do we ask for ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Steve97 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:42 pm Anyone know the earliest time to get into the shed, barn, bunkhouse thing on the fri (15th) ?
Who do we ask for ?
Just spoke to the Bunkhouse people and they said between 15.00 and 16.00 is the earliest that it will be ready, if you arrive earlier it's not a problem but you may just have to hang around a bit while they finish off.
Regards parking, apparently the ground around the Bunkhouse is firm and they've never had a problem with bikes parking there before, he said if needed he'd give us bits of wood to put under the stands, personally I'll be taking a plastic stand base just in case :thumbup:
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Hi All you Storm Troopers, just a quick update so you all know what's going on, a few have dropped out and given their place up to another, and with KermiLefrog +2 dropping out there are now 3 places vacant, see list of details below.

cheekykev + 7 all payed :thumbup:
AMCQ46 paid, not coming been replaced by gabi81 :thumbup:
grumpyfrog paid :thumbup:
Flatline paid :thumbup:
uk13iker paid :thumbup:
budd paid :thumbup:
MacV2 paid, not coming been replaced by Jack, son of Steve97 :thumbup:
Steve6088 paid :thumbup:
Bazza696 paid :thumbup:
Steve97 paid :thumbup:
KermitLeFrog +2 all paid, not coming which leaves 3 places vacant for anyone who wants to join us :thumbup:

For those travelling down on Friday from the North, I'll be posting up at some point next week with times, route etc for myself and my group of 7 which will be setting of from the South East Manchester/Glossop area) for anyone who want's to tag on.
Like what you do
Do what you like
plumbob

Post by plumbob »

As I live so close to St. Harmon it would be rude not to turn up. Thought about just coming up for the Saturday ride and returning home . Then looked into booking into the pub in the village. But if there is a space in the bunkhouse I'd be happy to take one of them. Let me know about funds needed. Dave
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Myself and my group will be leaving South East Manchester/Glossop area at 13.00 on Friday, if anyone wants to tag on, or arrange a meet up point on route then please get in touch.
To avoid the motorway as much as possible we'll probably be going via M56 to Junction 8 > A556 Sandiway, near J&S Northwich > A49 past Oulton Park to Ridley > A534 Wrexham > A483 Newtown > A470 > Rhayader :thumbup:
Last edited by cheekykev on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Like what you do
Do what you like
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

grunpyfrog and uk13iker, we can meet up with you about 14.00 / 14.15 at J&S motorcycles Northwhich, It's a good place to meet up, and easy to find :thumbup:
The address and post code is CW8 2HB Chester Rd, Northwich

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/''/j% ... 53.2150139
Like what you do
Do what you like
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

see you there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Sweet,
I'll be there.
Tractorboy (my brother on his GS: don't take the piss too much, he can handle it) will be there also.
He'll take one of the spare bunks for Friday definitely, still working on Sat night.
So still 2 spare places folks.
Don't hassle me
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Kev,
Is all the bedding been sorted out at the lodge?
Don't fancy snuggling into Bazza for 2 nights.....
Don't hassle me
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

OK all you Storm Troopers.

2 of my group have dropped out today, so to bring you all up to date here's the new list.

cheekykev + 7 all payed, 2 dropped out today, so as it stands now, my group consists of myself and 5 others with 2 spare places.
AMCQ46 paid, not coming been replaced by gabi81 :thumbup:
grumpyfrog paid :thumbup:
Flatline paid :thumbup:
uk13iker paid :thumbup:
budd paid :thumbup:
MacV2 paid, not coming been replaced by Jack, son of Steve97 :thumbup:
Steve6088 paid, not coming, now leaves 1 spare place :thumbup:
Bazza696 paid :thumbup:
Steve97 paid :thumbup:
KermitLeFrog +2 all paid, all 3 not coming, 1 replaced by grunpyfrogs brother, 1 replaced by plumbob which now leaves 1 spare place.

By my reckoning this comes to 16 people attending, with 4 spare places now available, if I've missed anyone off then please get in touch with me as soon as possible.
If anyone else wants to take any of the vacant places, again get in touch as soon as possible.

I've spoke to the owners of the Bunkhouse and they can supply us with a breakfast for £5 and a 2 course evening meal for £12.
taking into account we'll all be arriving at different times on Friday, and probably end up coming back after the ride out on Saturday at different times, then also having spoke to most people, they would rather have a BBQ Saturday night anyway, I personally don't think the evening meal is a good idea, but if you do want one then you need to give them notice by Thursday night.

Regards breakfast, they said it's a full English, local butcher stuff, served anytime we want between 6.00 and 9.00.
I think this is definitely a good idea, they do need a bit of notice so they can get the stuff, so I'm going to book everyone on the list for a 8.30 breakfast for both Saturday and Sunday, if you don't want one then please let me know as soon as possible.

Bedding and a towel are supplied at a cost of a one off payment of £3, this is already paid for within the original £30

On arrival there is a £200 pound bond to be paid, rather than mess about taking £12/£15 off every one just to give it back on Sunday, I'll put the bond up, if for some reason I lose the bond, I'm sure I can trust you all to chip in.

Please be aware that we are about 5 miles out in the sticks from Rhayader, those that have been before are well aware that Rhayader is a really nice friendly, biker welcome place, with just about everything you'll need regarding food and drink, but I just want to bring it to your attention that there are no supermarkets nearby, only a small local Spar, so if you intend staying around the digs at night, which I believe most are keen on, then it might be a good idea on the latter part of your journey down to pick up some supplies of beer, BBQ food etc of your preference.

The route for the Saturday ride out is about 280 miles in a figure of Eight, thus giving people who want to bail out early the option to return to base.
I already have volunteer Lead riders, and tail gunners (once again thanks lads)
Depending on the final nbr that turn up, there's a good chance we'll be running 2 groups.
I'm not sure which group I'm going with yet, I'm still having trouble with my arm, so i'll just see how it pans out, either way we will be using the 2nd man drop off system.
Please make sure you stick to the system, as trying to find people who have ignored the system is very time consuming, and gets other riders who stuck to it very frustrated, basically it just ruins the ride.
Anyone who is not aware of the 2nd man drop system, please speak up, don't be embarrassed, someone will be more than happy to explain it to you.
Personally I'd rather spend 10 minutes explaining it rather than hours looking for someone.
For more info on the marking system, and general respect for other riders within the group, see link below.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=25791

For anyone coming down from the North for the journey down on Friday, and would like to tag on.
My group will be meeting up at the Premier Inn car park at the Hattersley roundabout at the end of the M67, next to Macdonald’s SK14 3AU at 13.00 prompt, we will not wait.
We will then go over to J&S Northwich CW8 2HB to meet another couple of riders which I’ve scheduled to meet at 14.00/1415, we’ll then continue to Rhayader avoiding major routes as much practicable.
The journey over to J&S should take about 45 mins to an hour, then from J&S to Rhayader via the route I have in mind should take about 2 and half hours.

The address is BunkhaouesWoodhouse Farm Ltd, Woodhouse, St. Harmon, Rhayader.
LD6 5LY.
Tel 01597 87 00 81
Please look at the link for the Bunkhouse directions because there is a flaw when using a Sat Nav with the exact location.
http://www.bunkhousemidwales.co.uk/directions.php

I think I've just about covered everything, if you need any more info, post up, or get in touch with me as soon as possible.
Last edited by cheekykev on Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Like what you do
Do what you like
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

grumpyfrog wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:44 pm Kev,
Is all the bedding been sorted out at the lodge?
Don't fancy snuggling into Bazza for 2 nights.....
your no fun anymore, must be my age related aliments that are putting you off.