spanish trip 2017

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

agentpineapple

spanish trip 2017

Post by agentpineapple »

i'm happy to put together a trip to spain for next year, if anyones interested let me know, the last group visited this september and had a great time, we rode about a 1000 miles in six days.
the best biking weather seems to be fom may thru to oct, but august can be very hot, normally staying above 40 degree's, which can make riding hard work.
any questions just ask.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tastethefloor

Re: spanish trip 2017

Post by tastethefloor »

what is the itinerary?
south or north?
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

my family has a guest house in catalunya (north eastern spain)
the last two groups of lads took the portsmouth bilbao ferry, then a 300 mile ride/drive to my families guest house. the other option is to ride/drive down through france.
the length of the trip is optional, we've been doing 7 night/6 riding days in spain, the ferry/journey from the uk to the guesthouse takes about a day and a half in each direction.
if you were to ride from calais your looking at approx 900 miles in each direction. but you'd be including it in your trip, taking 2/3 days in each direction.
the pyrenee's mountains are about 120 miles north of the guest house. if want an unbiased opinion of riding in spain and staying at my famliles place, contact playerone or pete l, they'll enlighten you mate.
as for cost, a euro trip is never cheap, but my family offer great value for money. £30 a night includes a comfy single bed, sharing a room with one other person. breakfast and evening meal. free use of our family washing machine, all towels and bedding are supplied.
and to top it off i can guide you round the local roads, we normally visit a few race tracks, castles, the beach, the mountains.
we eat out at lunchtime, at proper spanish restuarants, the food is great, we aim for 150 to 200 miles a day, but this can be tailored to suit the group.

everywhere you go is very bike friendly, a very different attitude to the uk, oh and the weather is normally great.... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Remember Tastethefloor is based in Italy, if I remember correctly.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Kev L wrote:Remember Tastethefloor is based in Italy, if I remember correctly.
cool, that's a very nice ride. or he could get a ferry to barcelona, then it's a 2hr ride
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
playerone

Post by playerone »

I can highly recommend this trip having been across twice now, hospitality really is first class, your treated as part of the family, food is fantastic both when your out on the road and stopping at a roadside restaurants and the supplied evening meals, roads are great..............only downside is putting up with Marty for a week or so hahahahaha, sorry bigman :lol: :lol: :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

playerone wrote:I can highly recommend this trip having been across twice now, hospitality really is first class, your treated as part of the family, food is fantastic both when your out on the road and stopping at a roadside restaurants and the supplied evening meals, roads are great..............only downside is putting up with Marty for a week or so hahahahaha, sorry bigman :lol: :lol: :lol:
that's the last time you sleep with me....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tastethefloor

Post by tastethefloor »

I had been two years ago in Catalunya and i know very well the beauty of the places i visit :wink:
If the trip become consistent and well programmed I can add myself to the group 100%, but not with the storm ...I will come with the FJR (If I can 8O )
travel trought souther France from central north Italy take me 2-3 days of riding usually.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

tastethefloor wrote:I had been two years ago in Catalunya and i know very well the beauty of the places i visit :wink:
If the trip become consistent and well programmed I can add myself to the group 100%, but not with the storm ...I will come with the FJR (If I can 8O )
travel trought souther France from central north Italy take me 2-3 days of riding usually.
your more than welcome buddy, it doesn't matter which bike you ride. if there's enough interest and the dates work out for everyone we'll put it together... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tastethefloor

Post by tastethefloor »

thank u very much
I'm interested but not in august (too hot and too expensive)
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

tastethefloor wrote:thank u very much
I'm interested but not in august (too hot and too expensive)
agreed, august is about 40 degree's, the last 2yrs we've done trips in the first and second week of september.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!