sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Sardinia

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote:
sirch345 wrote:
What video camera are you using :?: it did a good job,

Chris.

go pro 3+ black edition in 1080hd got it 2nd hand, as i am a tight b8stard, and well impressed
It's only the price stopping me getting one :lol:
That model has to be one of the best quality video camera's I've seen,

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

this is the day I had new tyres on and started to trust tipping it on its side

http://youtu.be/XZrUfmxRFmo
AMcQ
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

AMCQ46 wrote:this is the day I had new tyres on and started to trust tipping it on its side

"Private" video....
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

KermitLeFrog wrote:
AMCQ46 wrote:this is the day I had new tyres on and started to trust tipping it on its side

"Private" video....
fixed
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I see the bike at the beginning of the vid has one of those flashing brake lights. Very effective that is, shame they are not legal here. Those roads look awesome. Nice roads, nice weather, good views and good coffee. What more can one ask for. The roads look like they are in pretty good condition too unlike the potholed roads over here.
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I saw the flashing light in the vid footage, but it is a side effect of the frames/second setting on the go pro and the LED lights, its is not flashing in real life.

interesting that the Fireblade tail light is not effected, only the BMW
AMcQ
playerone

Post by playerone »

AMCQ46 wrote:I saw the flashing light in the vid footage, but it is a side effect of the frames/second setting on the go pro and the LED lights, its is not flashing in real life.

interesting that the Fireblade tail light is not effected, only the BMW
Geo's BMW tail light gave the same effect on the video's of the early Welsh trips
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

That looks awesome Ali. 8)
That beemer has a nice little growl to it when you wind it up to the mid range.Did it have an end can on it or was it standard?
Big Bro come home on Saturday sporting a new (to him) K1300S with a full Akro system but still with the baffle in .It sounded pretty good but I'm sure we'll have that out soon :twisted: He only let me have a bounce on it but I'm pretty sure I'll get to have a play once he's not feeling too precious about his new toy :wink:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
popkat

Post by popkat »

Roads look awesome, the roadside furniture or the drops at the side don't look too forgiving though..

Did you like the BM ?, very different to the Storm.
Similar to my GSXR, I have more midrange than the S1000 but still same sort of bike, I find the Suzuki effortless speed, sharp steering, top brakes, whereas the storm needs a good thrashing and a bit more input from the rider, both very satisfying in their own ways.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

pete, it is std can, but it does growl in the midrange, and then goes explosive above 10k.

Malc, it was fun, but I still think I could have kept up on this roads with my storm... might have had to work a bit, but would have made me smile.

I also tried the multistrada, but was very disappointed as it touched the pegs down as soon as you got sporty... and that was after the owner had removed the ctr stand and had stiffer springs fitted both ends, and raised the pegs by 1".

I managed to make it hustle, but that involved hanging off the inside like a demented chimp. had knee down and peg down at same time... bloke following me said he first thought I was going to end up in the hedge, but after 20mins he said he was laughing his head off and was struggling to keep up
AMcQ
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

AMCQ46 wrote:I also tried the multistrada, but was very disappointed as it touched the pegs down as soon as you got sporty... and that was after the owner had removed the ctr stand and had stiffer springs fitted both ends, and raised the pegs by 1".
Gosh! 8O I thought those things were supposed to be the Bees Knees. Points Peak winners and all that. I guess, like a lot of bikes, they ain't what there reputations leads us to believe they are. Damn those journo's :lol:
AMCQ46 wrote:bloke following me said he first thought I was going to end up in the hedge, but after 20mins he said he was laughing his head off and was struggling to keep up
Yeah, we've all been there when we are following you :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Demented chimp :lol: Careful, that name might stick. And I can't wait for the next tea party :crazy:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

On the multistrada press reputation, I agree, they all claim its a great all rounder and bloody fast up pikes peak [although I suspect that bike is modified]. But this was so bad I would put money on there being something wrong with this bike as it was so intrusive. the owner had same problems and has had lots of work done to make it less of a problem, so I can only imagine how bad it was before.
AMcQ
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

AMCQ46 wrote:On the multistrada press reputation, I agree, they all claim its a great all rounder and bloody fast up pikes peak [although I suspect that bike is modified]. But this was so bad I would put money on there being something wrong with this bike as it was so intrusive. the owner had same problems and has had lots of work done to make it less of a problem, so I can only imagine how bad it was before.
The one I rode, a 2013 Pikes Peak, was rather good. Fast but in an understated way, handled well. Silly little bits were unreliable though.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)