WHAT THE F!!!!!!!!

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

darrenmartin

WHAT THE F!!!!!!!!

Post by darrenmartin »

It should of been a cracking ride up to North Walsham.........it ended in disaster!
Sunday, mid day met up with cracking bunch of guys and gals all set for a sunday ride out. Bikes of all shapes and sizes began to arrive at the car park. After chatting and being made to feel very welcome by most of the 15 or so that had turned up, it was agreed that we would head towards North Walsham. Little did we know!
Once on the North Walsham rode, we made our way through the built up area and within a couple of minuets were out in the Norfolk Country side. As this was my first meet up with the group i decided to tag onto the rear of the group and behave myself.......(for now)
We were traveling on a single carridgeway and 8 or so of the front runners had overtaken a couple of cars that were on the same road with no problems. There were 2 bikes in front of me. The bike furthest away set up his overtake ( and i watched him do this) he then moved over to the right of the car in front of him, then once he was side by side with this car it all went wrong. The car also moved over to the right and made contact with bike. A massive 'tank slapper' followed and the rider was thrown from his machine. I viewed it all as i was set for my over take.
Just wanted to say be careful to one and all. Daz.
Like Riding Thunder and Lightning
Kev L

Re: WHAT THE F!!!!!!!!

Post by Kev L »

Crap news mate. How was the rider afterwards? Hope they're OK.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

I've decided after my trip that my cameras going on for every ride, if no incidents i will simply delete etc but will feel happier with some evidence. it wont be showing the speedo though :lol: as the CBF can do 80 lol
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

As Kev said, I hope the rider was okay :?:

Chris.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

that's bad news, another incident where the motorist hasn't checked their mirrors before overtaking.... :roll:
I hope the rider is ok.
there was a similar video on youtube a few years ago. shocking stuff.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
macdee

Post by macdee »

Bad luck for the rider hope he's ok
Same thing happened in front of me on the motorway luck the rider was knocked onto the grass an got away unhurt
told you not to but oh no you knew better
Mike TW9

Post by Mike TW9 »

EeeK!

Had a v nr miss myself on Sun on the M4- Heavy traffic crawling at no more than 20mph, me filtering through at no more than 40, super alert to the danger posed by twats & pretty sure I was going carefully enough to avert them.... After no more than 10 mins or so & without warning a car swerved to change lanes & I had to swerve & break so hard the rear wheel lifted a bit, coming to a halt beside the driver window, me (shouting): "You total f*cking c*nt!!!"

You can never be too careful! 6,500 miles (since sept 14) & counting....
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That's not good news to hear. That could have been easily you if only a minute later Darren. One needs to take a wide berth when overtaking. Too many car driver are so unaware or distracted with something else as Paul found out the other day. On-board cameras will become the norm soon and we will have postings on youtube like in Russia.
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Yesterday when leaving work I was walking over to the Custard Crumble. There are some pushbike racks by the gate to freedom...

A BMW had been parked a bit too close... A push bike had been hit. Front wheel still in the rack, whole bike twisted over & off the ground with the rear wheel, rather twisted, wedged up against the bumper of The BM.

So as I have to walk past the Security hut I mention it to the guard...''Have you seen that BMW has done there...?'' ''Yeah they haven't parked straight have they...'' ''Er...No they have hit the bike & damaged it...'' ''Oh ! I'll have a look...'' Anyway he goes over & has a look, comes back & says...''Yeah I'll report that...''

So I wanders off sorts me self out, mounts up & rides off. As I pass I see the head of security out ther taking pics...

Today as I leave, same bod in the hut so I ask him if they found out who the 'Phantom Bike Crusher' was...

Head of HR...She said she didn't realise she had done it, hadn't heard anything as the radio was on... :lol: :lol:

The crumpled push bike was still there...I guess someone had to walk home last night.

If they can do that in a car park & not notice what chance have we got out on the open road...?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
darrenmartin

Post by darrenmartin »

Im not gunna put any 'details' about the out come. Out of respect for the guy. Will just say it wasnt what i would call a 'straight forward' recovery for the rider. On his behalf though i will say a Massive thanks to you guys for the best wishes. :thumbup:
Like Riding Thunder and Lightning
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Not a lot one can say about that outcome then...but :( :( :( I hope he can continue to ride if he wishes to do so. I also hope that you have emotionally / mentally managed to deal with it too Darren. It's never pleasant to witness a fellow biker in situations like that, even more so if you know the person.
==============================Enter the Darkside