macdee

Re: OP storm SW Scotland Mk5, Aug 4th to 7th 2017

Post by macdee »

:silent:
told you not to but oh no you knew better
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Have fun lads & no bloody falling off no matter how slow...it bloody hurts & stops you riding your bike.

I hope you have all packed your waterproofs, I think you will be needing them, hope it doesn't put too much of a dampner on the weekend.

Apart from the fact I wasn't coming along in the first place, no bikes for me for the next 6 weeks or so due to operation shoulder...It will unfortunately mean I will have to miss Operation Wales...Although I will try, I'm 6 weeks in a sling which takes me to the 10th of Sept...Cutting it fine to be fully mobile on the left side...which is a bit dodgy...

Anyway I have been advised to keep the wound dry so that also counts me out for the Scots ride... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

MacV2 wrote:I hope you have all packed your waterproofs, I think you will be needing them, hope it doesn't put too much of a dampner on the weekend
Sun and showers forecasted on the long range but don't worry, we can always reverse the route or alter it so we can skirt around them :thumbup:

And your right, No falling off allowed!.....Unless it's a bar stool :wink:

Three more sleeps :thumbup:

Pete
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Have an enjoyable and safe time guy's :thumbup:

Chris.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Have a great time lads. I will be in New Galloway on Saturday unfortunately in the car with my partner visiting her daughter. I'll give you a wave as you go past if I see you. Keep it quiet :lol: :lol: :lol:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

alanfjones1411 wrote:Have a great time lads. I will be in New Galloway on Saturday unfortunately in the car with my partner visiting her daughter. I'll give you a wave as you go past if I see you. Keep it quiet :lol: :lol: :lol:
current plan is to do those roads on Saturday, so I want you to call me if you hear us on the way into the village. my Bluetooth headset will let me receive calls. we will then let you make us coffee
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

mark2000vtr wrote:Bike loaded into camper all set and ready to go! Looking forward to it lads! Will be setting off early Friday morning so will see you at the campsite.May need a hand again getting the bike out and back into the camper chaps if you could do me the honour!See you all there! :beer:
see you there :thumbup:
AMcQ
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

AMCQ46 wrote:
alanfjones1411 wrote:Have a great time lads. I will be in New Galloway on Saturday unfortunately in the car with my partner visiting her daughter. I'll give you a wave as you go past if I see you. Keep it quiet :lol: :lol: :lol:
current plan is to do those roads on Saturday, so I want you to call me if you hear us on the way into the village. my Bluetooth headset will let me receive calls. we will then let you make us coffee

Chances are i'll be in Dumfries (fecking shopping).But i'll listen out if i'm there and call you in.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Desheveled and WellGroomed will be at my place about 14:00 on the Friday. It's about 40 mins for us to get to Hartside (or we could meet you at the petrol station in Alston?).

Let me know when you have an ETA at either place and we'll meet you.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

KermitLeFrog wrote:Desheveled and WellGroomed will be at my place about 14:00 on the Friday. It's about 40 mins for us to get to Hartside (or we could meet you at the petrol station in Alston?).

should take us 2hrs max to get from Hawes to Alston, so I estimate we will be there at 3pm.
meet at petrol station as we will be due a fill up by then.
AMcQ
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

AMCQ46 wrote:
KermitLeFrog wrote:Desheveled and WellGroomed will be at my place about 14:00 on the Friday. It's about 40 mins for us to get to Hartside (or we could meet you at the petrol station in Alston?).

should take us 2hrs max to get from Hawes to Alston, so I estimate we will be there at 3pm.
meet at petrol station as we will be due a fill up by then.
Roger roger good buddy.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

based on that timing we will then stop at Morrison's in Dumfries for petrol and perhaps meet Stu at 4.30
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

the first post is updated with all the latest times and also the routes we will ride.

see you all on friday
AMcQ
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

I'm teetering.... Was at Cadwell yesterday and London today back Thursday night. Haven't had time to pack or service bike.

Going to be tight to get there for 12. I've been looking forward to this all year. Really don't want to miss it. Stressing about getting it all ready.

What's the plan for Saturday? Are we doing the good forest roads we did on the Sunday last year?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Stop being a fanny.
Get yet butt home..
If you miss the first meeting point, go direct... I'll be sleeping in Tesco car park waiting on the tourist..
You can't miss it..
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time